+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Tana - Street Smart

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    This "artist" is a professional working on a "for hire" basis. That means the people who paid him (Hanes, I think) are the authors of this particular design, and they can do whatever they want with it.

Aside from that, he didn't come up with the design on his own. Tana and Alex had the design partly finished when he came in. And he made the design to their specifications. Since they collaborated on the design, they have as much right to alter it as he does.
    All important points. I think Tana had the right to glue cheap rhinestones onto the shirt. My problem is in how Tana approached the task and the artist throughout. Instead of allowing the artist to create a one-of-a-kind, original piece of wearable art, Tana thought she was capable on her own and started the design herself. Waste of time #1.

Kendra wisely used the talent given her, and played to his strengths. The artist felt good enough about his creation that he was excited to offer the shirt to his fans, because it was wholly his creation.

Tana's waste of time #2 plays along the same lines. She felt rhinestones would make her shirt look better. It was now her design, and she had that right. But there lies the biggest mistake. This task was ALL about marketing and price point, not their ability to design a better T-shirt. Both teams were given quality artists, who should have been allowed to do what they do best, with just a little supervision, as Kendra did. Both teams were going to get a saleable shirt. Tana foolishly micromanaged the artist and failed to address the actual challenge of the task.

Trumps lesson was Not To Get Sidetracked, and Tana failed. Trumps lesson for the brochure task was Never Give Up, and Tana failed (to a lesser degree). That doesn't bode well for Mrs. T.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 05-04-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Tana will be signing her new book at a daycare down the street from me next Monday. The title of her children's book is, "I'm Bigger Than This." It's a delightful story about a fish whose aim is to teach kids to think big and follow their dreams. (According to the ad in our local paper).

I love her and love that someone from my hometown has gone this far, but I really don't see how she'll get past the interviewers. She's very down-to-earth and straight-shooting, not polished. Trump wants that polish.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    All important points. I think Tana had the right to glue cheap rhinestones onto the shirt. My problem is in how Tana approached the task and the artist throughout. Instead of allowing the artist to create a one-of-a-kind, original piece of wearable art, Tana thought she was capable on her own and started the design herself. Waste of time #1.

Kendra wisely used the talent given her, and played to his strengths. The artist felt good enough about his creation that he was excited to offer the shirt to his fans, because it was wholly his creation.

Tana's waste of time #2 plays along the same lines. She felt rhinestones would make her shirt look better. It was now her design, and she had that right. But there lies the biggest mistake. This task was ALL about marketing and price point, not their ability to design a better T-shirt. Both teams were given quality artists, who should have been allowed to do what they do best, with just a little supervision, as Kendra did. Both teams were going to get a saleable shirt. Tana foolishly micromanaged the artist and failed to address the actual challenge of the task.

Trumps lesson was Not To Get Sidetracked, and Tana failed. Trumps lesson for the brochure task was Never Give Up, and Tana failed (to a lesser degree). That doesn't bode well for Mrs. T.
    Tana did spend too much time looking for a bedazzler.

But...

You people are giving her too much flack for wanting to put rhinestones on a freaking t-shirt. The theme of the design was "Rockstar Couture." When have rockstars ever been known for having impeccable taste? Since the design had a retro-70s theme, rhinestones could be viewed as an ironic fashion statement. So it wasn't a horrible idea in and of itself.

The problem is just that she didn't spend enough time on marketing. Kendra's artist came up with a cheesy design that only his fans could love, but she succeeded because she marketed to his fans.

somebody, perhaps a POed artist, changed it to "Super Star"

sans stones.......

10 buck at Wally World

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    somebody, perhaps a POed artist, changed it to "Super Star"

sans stones.......

10 buck at Wally World

I am sure Rockstar is already a line of clothing....I actually think it is called rockstar coulture, so I am sure they got nixed by the show. I dont think they can use trademarked stuff.

FORT Newbie
    This is from Alex's latest interview

"I chose Tana as my partner (on the final task) because I thought she was the strongest player and I stand by that decision. Tana is very smart, articulate and a great leader -- I really thought it was going to be her and I in the final two," he says.

Angie gave Tana props in the cab as do the latest Tara, Stephanie and Alex interviews.

The players are in the game and don't just see what the producers want us to see.

Who do they like Tana!

Quote Originally Posted by spliskin
    This is from Alex's latest interview

"I chose Tana as my partner (on the final task) because I thought she was the strongest player and I stand by that decision. Tana is very smart, articulate and a great leader -- I really thought it was going to be her and I in the final two," he says.

Angie gave Tana props in the cab as do the latest Tara, Stephanie and Alex interviews.

The players are in the game and don't just see what the producers want us to see.

Who do they like Tana!
    Actually, not all of them are cheering for Tana. When Bren was being interviewed, he had huge praises about Kendra and was hoping that she would win. Furthermore, Angie was for Tana during her post-firing cab confessional. It's easy for Angie to favor Tana because Angie never worked with Kendra. However, she was pretty shocked and disappointed when she heard about how Tana conducted herself during the 12th episode. Now, it's unclear as to whom Angie will side with until the season finale. Tara never worked with Kendra either so it's no surprise that she's siding with Tana. Kristen hates Tana, but then again, Kristen's statements have about as much credibility as Omarosa's statements. The same can be said for Stephanie. In her post-firing cab confessional, she sulked and stated that she wanted a book smart to win. However, when she was interviewed about whom she favored to win, she chose Tana simply because she was still mad at Kendra for kicking her off of Magna. Stephanie clearly stated that Kendra just kicked both her and Erin off of Magna because Kendra was intimidated of them both. We all should know by now that Stephanie's being really delusional here. If Kendra's scared of both Erin and Stephanie, then that means pigs can fly too. Alex noticed that Kendra and Craig were bickering with each other so he assumed that if he selected Tana to bring over to Net Worth then Net Worth would win. Alex turned out to be wrong and he got his long-overdue firing as a result. Let's see if Alex still feels the same way about Tana when the season finale airs. Not to mention that Tana didn't even wish him luck after he got fired. Kendra winning over Tana on the 14th Task was a huge blow to Alex's ego and he must be holding a grudge against Kendra because of that. Alex seems to be a sore loser. What happens now and what happens during the season finale would be two different things. Anything can happen once the season finale airs so opinions that are formed by the former candidates right now would possibly change after the final task.

FORT Newbie
    So what I'm getting from this is anyone Apprenti who supports Tana has a character flaw or will later change their mind and any Apprenti who favors Kendra is of outstanding character. Right

Quote Originally Posted by spliskin
    So what I'm getting from this is anyone Apprenti who supports Tana has a character flaw or will later change their mind and any Apprenti who favors Kendra is of outstanding character. Right
    That's not what I was trying to point out. I was only trying to say that the opinions of the former candidates at this time are rather subjective and are best taken with a grain of salt.

In the latest interview of Tara that I read (on InsidePulse), she has Kendra as her pick to win and thinks that Tana is sweet, but a little too much so: "I love Tana, just too darn happy for me. Even though I am happy most of the time, she is just too sweet. I can't have anybody too sweet, I gotta have a little edge...She's too happy. Too jubilant."

Bren and Danny have also backed Kendra in different interviews. Angie has said that Tana is indeed "her girl," but was shocked and kinda appalled at the "my ass is exempt" routine on the Pontiac task.

I'm not suggesting that we should disregard what the candidates say about each other, or that we have to just accept the editors' characterization of these folks, but I do think the personal connections the Apprenti have with other could somewhat blind them to particular people's faults. Angie is friends with Tana and never worked a day with Kendra; Bren looks upon Kendra as his "little sister" and was also dissed by Tana as a "big zero." They all have more of an insider's view of each other, which is definitely valuable, but does that make them more objective in their view of who should win? That seems very argumentative.

Exactly. Opinions from former candidates may carry a tad more weight than any one of us, but not enough to make any impression on me.

A former candidate may also just have an axe to grind that doesn't carry any substance.

Kristen? Who cares what that jerk thinks?
    Erin? Ditto.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 05-05-2005 at 08:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread