+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Audrey - Street Smart

Quote Originally Posted by tmlw1971
    I really haven't been able to listen to anything Audrey has to say. i get distracted by the bushy eyebrows. When she's talking all I can hear is my inner-voice saying "I really want to tweeze her eyebrows."
    I agree they are a little dark, especially for her lighter brown hair color, but they are very well shaped. I think that Audrey is a pretty face but her combative personality and frequent swearing sometimes turns me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Webgirl1415
    ... if you've been watching the episodes weekly anyone could see that she is extremely combative. As far as not knowing about Audrey's domestic life, you are right in saying that no one knows anything about her. As much as we may wish we knew these people, we don't and their personal lives should be respected. However, when I typed in her name on my AOL search I found an article that included some of the people that know and associate with her, and one woman said that she is a highly succesful real estate agent but says that the way she is on the show is very much like how she is in real life.
    I have indeed been watching weekly, and at the time you made your post, there was absolutely no basis for saying she was "extremely combative". At that time her only "explosive moments" as you called them were directed at one person only, and most would say they were well deserved. So no, when you posted that (prior to this week's episode) there was no basis for such a statement. And if for some reason she were to go ballistic on everyone and anyone for entire episodes for the rest of her time on the show, that's still irrelevant to the state of her marriage, which was the entire point of your original statement.

As far as what someone else says she may or may not be like in her personal life -- again, no one knows what goes on between husband and wife except the husband and wife. The dynamics of the husband/wife relationship has many layers and facets, and the same goes for the journey leading up to the point of wanting to marry a certain someone. This is something you'll learn and understand better in a few years. And I've also read articles from online papers and on other boards where people who supposedly know her in real life say she is a very sweet good-natured person. So here we have two different camps, and none of us know which is true.

The bottom line is that no matter what other people say about her, and no matter what we see on tv, we have no idea what the dynamics in her marriage are, or how her husband views her as a wife. I am not a fan of Audrey, but fair is fair. Attack her performance on the show, her personality on the show, her lack of this or that, her talent, her looks, her merit, etc, if you like. But making such an extreme judgement about her as a wife, or her marriage is irrational, irrelevant, and unfair.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Woah..did you guys see next week's preview? Audrey MELTDOWN.
    beauty is only skin deep.

Elizabeth's meltdown from Season 2 will be nothing compared to Audrey's meltdown. I wonder who Audrey will blame for her meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo
    Elizabeth's meltdown from Season 2 will be nothing compared to Audrey's meltdown. I wonder who Audrey will blame for her meltdown.

I'm guessing that when they get back to the Suite, she meltsdown at Craig for his comments about her marriage, etc. in the boardroom. I think she is pissed at what he said- which had nothing to do with the task or boardroom.

Me and my girlfriend gave all the contestants nic names, at first we called her pretty girl, but we changed it to Ruff and Ready, although we think she is very beautiful, sexy ect. ect. she is always ready for a battle with whoever gets in her face. :phhht
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

FORT Newbie
    Audrey is hot.

I put her up with whats-her-name-a-jig from last season who unfairly got run off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I'm guessing that when they get back to the Suite, she meltsdown at Craig for his comments about her marriage, etc. in the boardroom. I think she is pissed at what he said- which had nothing to do with the task or boardroom.
    Ooh, interesting take on the situation.

I saw the clips of her running on about how everything was taken from her.
    Not to be mean, but my first thought was "cry me a river".
    I'm not interested in the sob-stories really and hope that at least this will be a rant with substance, not just a "can't handle the pressure" hissy fit.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    We haven't seen Audrey "meltdown" yet. These promos have taken things out of context before.

She should be POed by Craig digging up dirt and slinging it in the boardroom. It will be interesting to see if Audrey can find any allies on her team. If I'm not mistaken, the only ones yet to PM are her, Craig, and Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Ooh, interesting take on the situation.

I saw the clips of her running on about how everything was taken from her.
    Not to be mean, but my first thought was "cry me a river".
    I'm not interested in the sob-stories really and hope that at least this will be a rant with substance, not just a "can't handle the pressure" hissy fit.
    My guess that it isn't a full blown meltdown (My daughters have dibs on those ) but she just rants about being proud of herself and her accomplishments because when her parents were incarcerated, it was up to her to keep the family together. They lost their house, etc. and she was able to pick herself up and actually be successful. I think she is ranting at someone, as in trying to explain herself and maybe why she has said the things that she has, and is proud of the fact that she makes more money than her husband- that is why I think she is yelling at Craig. (plus, it's nighttime, so maybe after the boardroom?)

+ Reply to Thread