+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: **SPOILERS** All Future Episodes! WARNING: Show outcome may be revealed!

hey I tried to access the pics and looks like NBC removed it.

FORT Regular
    Kwame Jackson makes his prediciton for tonight:

People Mag

Who do you think is going to win?

"Jennifer. I think she has impeccable credentials. She definitely has what it takes on the intellectual level. And then it just depends on how she's able to execute as a businessperson. Also, it's probably good in terms of balance for a woman to win this year. And she's a very attractive woman, so part of it is the television quotient. We're not talking about who's gonna get a job at IBM, so let's just keep it real."

source

From the CNN website...here

Picking the 'Apprentice'
    Donald Trump on the fence about decision
    Thursday, December 16, 2004 Posted: 10:25 AM EST (1525 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Donald Trump is usually in high-rise buildings. Right now, he's on the fence.

On Thursday, the real estate mogul will choose one of his final two candidates on the second season of NBC's "The Apprentice" in a live broadcast from Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center.

Either lawyer Jennifer Massey, 30, or software executive Kelly Perdew, 37, will follow in the footsteps of previous "Apprentice" winner Bill Rancic and win a six-figure salary.

"Last year, I felt beforehand I was going to go with Bill," Trump told The Associated Press Tuesday. "This year, I have no idea. I think they're both really talented."

Trump said Perdew was "smart and tough" while Massey is "smart and manipulative." Trump will base his decision on how Massey and Perdew act under the pressure of the live audience.

"It's the hottest ticket in town," Trump told the AP. "I'm trying to get friends in and even I've had trouble."

At least one of Trump's friends will definitely be there. Daytime talk-show host Regis Philbin will co-host.

And despite his bravado, even The Donald acknowledged he's a little nervous about the live finale.

"It's going before 30 million people live. It's three hours live," said Trump. "I don't do live TV for a living. I build buildings for a living."

That hasn't stopped network interest in televising Trump's upcoming nuptials to Melania Knauss. Trump said two networks would like to hear him say "I do" instead of "you're fired!"

"Everybody wants that to happen except for me and Melania," said Trump. "We'll see."

More certain is the third season of "The Apprentice," which Trump said is "almost done." He and executive producer Mark Burnett are now talking to NBC about the possibility of fourth and fifth seasons.

FORT Regular
    Andrew Hergenrother of Stafford will appear on 'The Apprentice' tonight to urge Donald Trump to hire a soldier he once supervised.

Trying to sell Trump
    December 16, 2004 1:10 am

By ELIZABETH PEZZULLO

The signature moment came during Episode 12.

As retired Army Lt. Col. Andrew Hergenrother, a Stafford resident, watched Donald Trump's TV ego-fest--also known as the "The Apprentice"--he spotted the influence he wielded over a young lieutenant he supervised years ago.

There was Kelly Perdew, "Apprentice" candidate and, now, semifinalist, invoking many of the key hand gestures and techniques Hergenrother had taught him when the two worked together in the military.

It came at a pivotal moment during the episode.

During a high-pressured presentation in front of quirky Pepsi execs, Perdew presented a newly designed bottle for the soft-drink giant that spelled out the word "Edge."

"I saw the way he handled the presentation, and I thought, 'Hey, I taught him how to do that,'" Hergenrother said. "To brief, and do presentations. To use the little tricks."

It was a winner.

The Apex team beat out their competitors--who sadly designed a Pepsi bottle resembling an upright bar-bell, with two globes at each end.

But on tonight's three-hour, live finale from Rockefeller Center, Perdew is depending on his former boss and pal to stand up and tell 30 million viewers why Perdew should hear the coveted words: "You're Hired," rather than opponent and corporate lawyer Jennifer Massey.

Producers for the show, which features The Donald browbeating a group of wannabe mini-mes clamoring to join his empire, contacted Hergenrother a few weeks ago and said Perdew had asked that he be at the show and speak as his advocate.

"I was flabbergasted," said Hergenrother, a senior intelligence planner at the Pentagon. "Actually, I felt very proud, especially since he's such a successful individual."

This morning, Hergenrother, his wife and two children, will head to New York City. The family will be put up in a swank hotel, and squeeze in some sightseeing before taken to the live show.

The 47-year-old retired Army officer, who served in Kosovo, and, most recently Iraq, isn't nervous about his TV debut.

"I've been in stressful situations before," he said. "And this isn't one of them. If anything, I'm just really excited."

Hergenrother met Perdew when he was fresh out of officer training courses at Fort Huachuca, Ariz. Perdew was assigned to the 7th Infantry Division and stationed at Fort Ord in California, as was Hergenrother.

The two worked together for two years preparing troops for worldwide deployments. In that time, they became friends and kept in touch.

Last spring, Hergenrother got an e-mail from Perdew saying he was trying out for the show. "I wrote back and said, 'Yeah, right,'" he said. "But he really was."

That summer, Hergenrother came across a magazine featuring the 18 new contestants for the show's second season. "I thought it was wild, incredible," he said.

His wife became an avid watcher of the show, keeping her husband abreast of Perdew's weekly achievements.

"I will say, however, that I did watch the final four episodes myself," he says proudly.

Hergenrother has spoken to Perdew regularly since he took up residence in Trump Plaza.

When the two reunite tonight, it will be the first time they've seen each other face to face in over 10 years.

"We just haven't been on the same side of the world for a long time," Hergenrother said.

Although he's got nothing scripted, Hergenrother knows exactly what he'll say to help his friend become The Donald's next apprentice.

"He doesn't get frazzled in stressful situations," Hergenrother said. "And he's always maintained the moral high ground. I'm just very proud of him."

source

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    [QUOTE=HC_Lawson
    But on tonight's three-hour, live finale from Rockefeller Center, Perdew is depending on his former boss and pal to stand up and tell 30 million viewers why Perdew should hear the coveted words: "You're Hired," rather than opponent and corporate lawyer Jennifer Massey.

Producers for the show, which features The Donald browbeating a group of wannabe mini-mes clamoring to join his empire, contacted Hergenrother a few weeks ago and said Perdew had asked that he be at the show and speak as his advocate.
    [QUOTE]

Hmmm... Funny how Kelly thinks he needs someone to "stand up for him" in order to get the job, instead of relying on his own performance!

First thought that struck my mind, too, Lite. Of course, we don't know how the tasks turned out, and if Kelly's was a complete rain-out, perhaps that's why - he feels he didn't have the opportunity to prove himself. On the other hand, if it were me, I don't think I'd pick someone whose most recent work experience with me was a decade ago.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Regular
    Hmmm......Kelly wants someone there to tell DT what kind of person he is. Sounds like he screwed that polo match up big time

from the official press release:

THE APPRENTICE 3, episode 1 --(8:30PM-9:59PM) --(TV-PG)
    "Season Premiere", Jan. 20, 2005
    "Whopper 101" -- Eighteen new candidates arrive in New York City from all over the country on the season three premiere of "The Apprentice." Donald Trump shakes things up in the boardroom and splits the teams into "Book Smarts" (those with college degrees) and "Street Smarts" (those with only a high school diploma). The candidates become acquainted with each other in their new suite in Trump Tower and immediately begin to create names for their teams. Then the candidates battle it out in the billion-dollar fast food business. An early star flames out, while another sizzles. The winners hit the town with The Donald and his fiance Melania while the losers get a grilling in the boardroom as the first candidate is fired.
    ______________________________ ____________________________
    From Erin Elmore's website:

In the first episode, the high school grads and the college grads compete to see who can come up with the most enticing new Burger King menu item!
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

from the official press release:

THE APPRENTICE 3, episode 2 --(8:30PM-9:59PM) --(TV-PG) Jan. 27, 2005
    "No.302 - Motel 666"
    "MOTEL 666" -- The teams descend upon the Jersey shore to fix up and run their own not-so-five-star motels. Both teams pull all-nighters to win the hearts and minds of their guests. A mutiny brews at one team while a candidate may or may not quit the other group. The winners set sail on a luxury ship while the losers feel the heat of the boardroom when Donald Trump fires the second candidate.
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

FORT Fogey
    When does a new "Apprentice 3" category get added back into the main forum? The first show airs only a week from now.

Looks like this season is going to be expanded to 1.5 hour shows, so we'll finally get more boardroom time.

Wonder if they'll fix the sloppy voiceovers?

+ Reply to Thread