+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Rancic

Bill Rancic

Any comment on Bill as the observer outside and in the boardroom?

I think he can bring a ptetty unique persepctive considering he was in this poition last year. I think he would be able to know more so than George when the "clicks" form toether to try and weet out another member. I like George but I think more of Bill in the board room will not be a bad thing.

It seems to me he's fitting well into the dog-eat-dog, Trump-boot licking, over-simplifying, rash judgment mindset of Planet Trump. He more than anyone should know that if you define "failure" simply by who wound up with the most points on a survey--which in the last task depended in part on events out of their control, like who the customers were, how the food was prepared, how the restaurant was situated--then "success" probably has a large component of chance. The boardroom "analysis" is all based on 20-20 hindsight, which can always turn up things for Bill or Carolyn to criticize (somewhat visciously, in Carolyn's case). I doubt Bill will bring any sense of that unique perspective to the boardroom.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

I thought Bill looked uncomfortable at the first restaurant and during the boardroom. Although I liked his advice to Jen C. about this *not* being a game, too bad she didn't take his hint.
    I think Bill would be better on the team side instead of the boss side. I would have liked to see him give advice to each team about strategy, boardroom, etc. He just doesn't look right to me on the *other side of the table*. It's too soon- he hasn't learned enough himself yet.

CEO
    I thought Bill Rancic carried himself with an air of confidence that we never saw when he was a contestant. It apprears to me that he ais growing into his position and responsibilities well.

Working for Trump seems to agree with Bill--he looked good, I thought--much more relaxed and rested than when he was a contestant.

Gee, the men's team is wiping up this year, so I don't feel like I really know them--dysfunction makes for much more compelling TV than a team who's running smoothly. However, I don't feel like there's anyone in the field this year who is of Bill's caliber, or Kwame's or Troy's, with the possible exception of Kelly. Raj did a great job as PM with the restaurant challenge, and as you may recall, it was during the Planet Hollywood episode last season when Bill did a standout job of managing the dining room that he first came to our attention as a contender.

Though Bill can no doubt emphathize with the candidates on the other side of the table, I didn't care for his responses--I thought they sounded canned, like he had rehearsed appropriate 'Trumpesque' remarks. I think George is much less concerned with making a good impression on the Boss & shoots straight from his hip. But--George has earned that right, while Bill is still finding his way. We have to remember that when these shows were taped, he had only been the Apprentice for a matter of weeks.

I liked Bill..he spoke honestly and form his experience which makes him good for the boardroom......though he surely isnt no George.....or Carolyn (i love her in the boardroom so much....she put jen in her place real quick)..i'm sure for his first boardroom being on the otherside of the table, he had to be a bit nervous.....but surely as the weeks go on.....(i think it was this forum i heard he wil be in the BR at least two more time) he'll probably be a bit more natural...as i agree a couple of his remarks seemed a bit rehearsed.
    "As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything. You Feel Less Pain" - Squall (Final Fantasy VIII)

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    However, I don't feel like there's anyone in the field this year who is of Bill's caliber, or Kwame's or Troy's, with the possible exception of Kelly. Raj did a great job as PM with the restaurant challenge, and as you may recall, it was during the Planet Hollywood episode last season when Bill did a standout job of managing the dining room that he first came to our attention as a contender.
    Kelly and Raj are each outstanding candidates. They each have what it takes to make the final two.

FORT Fogey
    http://nbcumv.com/entertainment/rele...nsforcesw.html

Look at Bill's job title as it appears in this press release. What an odd thing to be called "The Apprentice Owner's Representative" if you were supposed to be CEO. Or maybe it's just his title with regards to the show?
    --------------------------

BIOGRAPHIES
    Mark Burnett Creator/Executive Producer

Carolyn Kepcher Executive Vice President, The Trump Organization

Bill Rancic Winner, The Apprentice Owner’s Representative, Trump Tower, Chicago

George H. Ross Executive Vice President and Senior Counsel, The Trump Organization

Donald J. Trump Executive Producer/Host

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    Look at Bill's job title as it appears in this press release. What an odd thing to be called "The Apprentice Owner's Representative" if you were supposed to be CEO. Or maybe it's just his title with regards to the show?
    It's two titles put next to each other. Try this:

Bill Rancic
    Winner, The Apprentice
    Owner's Representative, Trump Tower, Chicago

-- Joe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast