+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Carolyn, George, Robin, Rona, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I don't think that photo really does her justice, Nemmie. When I saw her on The View I couldn't take my eyes off her.
    I agree, Qboots... that isn't the most flattering picture I've ever seen of her, I just posted it because it accompanied that article. But I saw her on The View (quite accidentally in fact, while surfing channels, because I don't watch The View (hate Star 'Bridezilla' Jones)), and she did look nice, but again... I just don't see "beautiful" there. I have the same reaction to any picture I've ever seen of her, and to all the times I've seen her on E! or other television snippets.

So I guess it's just me that doesn't find her "beautiful", lol. As I said, I was wondering if it was just me, lol
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    So I guess it's just me that doesn't find her "beautiful", lol. As I said, I was wondering if it was just me, lol
    Oh, don't be too hard on yourself. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure there are plenty who find her beautiful and plenty who don't. I personally find her very exotic and hypnotic.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Hey everyone, I just wanted to check in here and say that I saw Carolyn last night. Our local newspaper and one of the local hospitals have been sponsoring a speaker series here in Fargo, ND. The series consisted of three speakers over three months. In April we got to see Erin Brockovich, in May it was Dana Reeve (the wife of the later Christopher Reeve) and our June speaker was Carolyn!

I have to say that Carolyn's was the shortest speech of the series, but she was fabulous and had a great Q&A session. She gave quite a bit of history about herself and how she came to work for Trump. I have to say that her portrayal on television is really off-base from the person she is in reality. She was extremely warm, very funny, and just seemed to be the kind of person who I'd really like to know.

A couple of tidbits from the Q&A (please note that I'm paraphrasing):

Q: Is there anyone who was fired who you think deserved a second chance on the Apprentice?

Carolyn: I don't like to say that they deserve a second chance because when you're fired, you're fired. It's part of the game. But there have been a few firings I've disagreed with. One I can think of was Andy from season 2. Oh, and by the way, Andy now works for the Trump Organization

Q: Do you agree with hiring Kendra as the 3rd Apprentice?

Carolyn: Yes, absolutely! I followed both contestants around at different times during the final task. Kendra lead and motivated her people. She did a great job. Based on the final task, hiring Kendra was a no-brainer. But yes, Kendra did deserve it and will, in fact, be working for me soon.

Q: How do you divide your time between work and the show during filming?

Carolyn: We film for 49 days straight, 7 weeks. Days are often 16 hours or more. When we are filming I spend about 70% of my time working on the show and about 30% on my real job.

Q: When you are filming, do you bring your family to NYC with you?

Carolyn: But I didn't realize how much they really knew about the show until I saw my 2 year old daughter in a room with the crew pointing at them and saying in her little voice "You Fi-ewed, You Fi-ewed!"

That's just a few highlights. If you ever have a chance to attend one of her speaking engagements, I'd highly recommend her!

Thank God there's a thread that talks about carolyn! I absolutely love her!
    Ive been a fan of her's since season 1. I sent her an email and got a very sweet response . Then few days back i actually called her!! OMG! That experience was totally out of this world!
    Those who think sunshine brings happiness have never danced in the rain!

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I think that Carolyn is one of the only people I've seen on the Apprentice that's retained her dignity throughout! She's very poised and secure. I'm a fan, too!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte View Post
    I have to say that Carolyn's was the shortest speech of the series, but she was fabulous and had a great Q&A session. She gave quite a bit of history about herself and how she came to work for Trump. I have to say that her portrayal on television is really off-base from the person she is in reality. She was extremely warm, very funny, and just seemed to be the kind of person who I'd really like to know.
    I read her book awhile back, and I think yes she gets a "bad rap." I think the comments about her being cold are pretty superficial in nature -- I can understand why that judgment is made, but I think they are mistaking her precision and professionalism, her desire to be accurate and fair, for personal coldness, and that's not accurate.

I would expect her in person to be very charitable, kind, polite, and "warm" -- even if she maintains that sense of professionalism about her. She seems quietly personable.