+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly

FORT Fan
    I don't have a favorite yet, but Kelly impressed me.

CEO
    I like this guy. I will keep an eye on him.

I was impressed with him last night as well. He did a great job as PM. I know some people thought his asking to donate the whole amount to charity was sucking up and generally a bad move. My take on it was more like apprenticeboard's take. The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society is really important to Kevin. Kevin had told Kelly in the van that it was up to Kelly as PM to decide on the percentage but that he'd like a large percentage to go to the charity. When Mosaic got up to leave the boardroom, Kevin didn't get up right away and seemed to be hesitating about asking the Donald about donating the whole amount. Kelly took it on himself as PM to take that responsibility.

Kelly impressed me, as well.

Didn't much care for him at first blush, but he redeemed himself admirably in my eyes.

If his asking to donate all the proceeds from the ice cream sale to the Leukemia Society was sucking up, I say:

"Suck ON!"

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Sgt. Caveman unimpressed me quickly with the whole way he ducked back in and put the stones to Donald with the charity thing in front of the cameras. Sure, it's an atom's worth of cash to Trump, but it's a HORRIBLE idea to put the boss in a position where he can't say no.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hmm..that's true too. In "real life" that's a killer.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Charles FORTean apprenticeboard's Avatar
    Heh, give me a break, Krom - The Donald could have said no, and we'd never have known about it.....due to the magic power of cutaway edits.

Quote Originally Posted by apprenticeboard
    Heh, give me a break, Krom - The Donald could have said no, and we'd never have known about it.....due to the magic power of cutaway edits.
    It was still in public, in front of a whole bunch of people. It amounts to the same thing--stories would have been circulating like crazy about how greedy Trump was if he said no.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    It was still in public, in front of a whole bunch of people. It amounts to the same thing--stories would have been circulating like crazy about how greedy Trump was if he said no.
    Point taken.

When I said I was impressed with Kelly, to clarify, I was referring to how he PM'd the task all the way through (as opposed to, God help us all, Ivana), once he got rolling and toned down the military mindset a bit.

Regarding Kelly's asking DT about giving all the dough to charity, I do, indeed, see your point. And it is a totally valid one.

But --- JMO --- when it comes down to a worthy cause getting money, if it appears as though or could be read as though Kelly was sucking up by asking, I still say:

"Suck ON!"

And that goes for putting the boss in what seems to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position, as well. In the end, the charity wins, and I think most reasonable people might be OK with that.

If Trump has a problem with that --- whether he was asked publicly or privately --- then he REALLY has a problem.

Besides, seems to me he knows there're already a million stories out there about him (for example, his hair ), good, bad and indifferent, and he just goes his merry way and does exactly what he wants to, anyway.

IMO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie
    Kelly was impressive. He was organized, took control of the team, delagated tasks, and made the tough decisions.

I don't think we can assume that Kelly asked to donate the money just to suck up. The charity was obviously important to Kevin, and if Kelly didn't ask Trump then and there, the money would never be donated. It's possible that Kelly was sucking up, but it didn't seem like Trump was upset by his question.

+ Reply to Thread