+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly

seems like a likeable guy

Charles FORTean apprenticeboard's Avatar
    Ranger Training, Airborne Training, ex-MI, MBA, JD.....forget the eyes, this guy is focused. Prior work at Deloitte Consulting...mmmhmm. The question is - can he suffer fools at all? If so....

Prognosis: Final Two

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Pretty strong candidate.

West Point guy that won't put up with any crap.
    Married, so he won't lose focus with the babes. May win female friends because of this, and his dreamy, robot eyes.

Look at his face (especially in close up). It's like... huge and bony and square. He's like... a Caveman.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This guy looks like Ken Jennings from Jeopardy!

Torley Wong sings a song! Torley Wong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    I like his answers, but the picture is a little disturbing. Either it looks like he has "dead eyes" or else, I fear, he is a robot. Call in the Terminator to find out if he's really a cyborg sent from the future to infiltrate the Trump organization to, oh never mind. . .
    LOL... yeah, I didn't look at him too closely in motion but I sort of got the same vibe from him in that pic that I did from the Alien Bounty Hunter in X-Files.

Torley Wong sings a song! Torley Wong's Avatar
    LOL, okay, I watched the bonus footage -- and apparently since he's the one who put a hole in Trump's "beautiful wall", I guess that'll just make the T-800 vibe get even stickier with him.

FORT Regular
    Does anyone wonder why a 38 year old needs to be an apprentice?

Charles FORTean apprenticeboard's Avatar
    I think Kelly really stepped up in this task, and made points several ways.

1. Organized leadership - he had everyone on the same page.

2. Tough decision making - when John got in his face about Raj's hypoglycimic need for breakfast (real or not) Kelly made the executive decision that everyone got a little food money. Owned the decision and noted the objection, then made his decision for the good of the team and longer-term thinking (more energy from eating something = more sales). Good for getting team support, and took it out of the potential "personality conflict" realm.

3. Tactical thinking: Split the team into two groups to handle two areas. Delegated clearly. When group B didn't perform, got consensus on a different sales approach, let the failure go, and got results with his backup plan.

4. Utilization of existing resources: Raj. Bowties. Any questions?

5. Generousity. After being dismissed by The Donald, took the risk of asking him another question (can we donate all the proceeds to charity?). Looked good to the Donald, who is a a yuuuge supporter of charitable works. Built team solidarity and gratitude, particularly from Kevin.

Overall - I think this may have been the best leadership performance I've seen from a project manager.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I agree. I think he did really good as PM. I can't find any complaints about anything he did.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread