+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Kelly

Jen shouldn't necessarily be happy for Kelly but she should really try to be more accepting - its over, there is nothing to do about it now. If I was on this show, I would care a lot about how I looked on TV because there are a lot of people out there who might want to hire them if they look like good workers. Kelly was very respectful the entire time and I would imagine that he would have had a ton of offers if things didn't work out. I thought it was BS to compare their educations anyway - WP is just completely different than Princeton or Harvard- its like comparing apples to oranges.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Apple
    When asked about Kelly's West Point degree she said, "There was a lot of emphasis made on Kelly's time at West Point and that was, I believe, almost a decade ago." Numerous times she focused on some college prize nomination from a decade ago. Big yawn and big lesson: Be happy for someone when it's their time in the spotlight. If you lose by a little or a lot, the fact is that you lost. Had Kelly lost, I think he would have been a gentleman about it even if he internally thought he was robbed.
    True, it sounds like Jenn had a double-standard on past histories. But I disagree that Kelly would've been the bigger gentleman. Even as the winner, he wasn't a gentleman. On one of the late-night shows he gave an Ivana-style backhanded compliment: "Jenn was good in the boardroom." He emphasized 'in the boardroom' with inflection to indicate she wasn't good anywhere else. Then he repeated it, with the same inflection again.

Kelly & Jenn had completely different strengths and weaknesses, but they were identical in that they both wanted it bad enough that they did things a little beneath their usual character. Neither was the "better person". That's what competition does.

Jenn said: "I think Matt Calamari and I have exchanged maybe three words. When he replaced George on one task, I greeted him with a handshake and that was the extent of our interaction. So to have this individual make such a strong statement as "I don't like Jennifer," it seemed he was really trying to cut a woman like me off at the knees."

The sheer GALL of that dude, to say on live TV when questioned about her business potential "You know I don't like Jenn" IS JUST PATHETIC! I do not have words to describe how extremely off-topic and inappropriate he was.

IF Jenn's statement about barely interacting w/ Calamari was true, then we all have to admit the finale was a staged setup. The only way we can still say the finale was unstaged and fair is if we believe Jenn was dishonest about the relationship w/ Calamari.

Young Republican Disinvite Kelly

REPUBLICANS NIX 'APPRENTICE'

July 11, 2005 -- THE Young Republicans have given cocky "Apprentice" punk Kelly Perdew the boot. The brash Perdew, now working for Donald Trump after winning the second season of "The Apprentice," was slated to emcee Saturday's black-tie dinner at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, which closed the Young Republican National Convention. But convention chairman Nathan Taylor got fed up with Perdew's irksome antics and unceremoniously disinvited the former Marine at the last moment. A fired-up Taylor tells PAGE SIX's Fernando Gil: "Who does this guy think he is? Just because he works for Donald Trump doesn't give him the right to demand first-class airfare, limousine rides, and act like a total prima donna. He's been a total nightmare for me!" Since winning "The Apprentice," Perdew has garnered a reputation for being difficult. As we reported in May, he threw a drunken fit aboard an airplane and ranted to dumbfounded fellow passengers, "Do you know who I am?!"
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07112005/gossip/49877.htm
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey

Interview with Kelly at Venture Voice

To all:

Was alerted on Monday to a Venture Voice interview that Kelly did recently that includes what it's like to work with Mr. Trump (Note for Mods: Venture Voice is a site for entrepreneurs).

You can click this link to get to the site, then right-click "download the MP3" to download the interview. The site notes some of the highlights of the interview, including his signing up for the Army at 17. Over the course of the interview, Kelly goes over the many things he had done before since The Apprentice, and there is some very good stuff on this interview.

Kelly shows again in this interview why he was the deserving winner of the second round of The Apprentice (even if I think Kendra would have beaten Kelly had they gone head-to-head as I still think she was the best candidate of all three seasons).

I just caught a trailer for a new show on the military channel called GI Factory hosted by Kelly Perdew, march 24th 8pm

It'll show military gear being made, and then Kelly will 'test it out.' Flak jakets, 50 cal guns, etc.

In the end I guess Jenn was right. Kelly is just a media *&*^%.

Nice pick DT... not

+ Reply to Thread