+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carolyn and George on "The View" today

I watched the show and I didn't think Carolyn was offended. It looked as if she was going along with the joke, no matter how lame. I feel that anyone who goes on that show knows they are fair game. I have never cared for Carolyn, but she looked cuter in her casual clothes than she does in those suits. I personally thought the shoes were way too fancy for such a casual outfit, but that's just me. Everyone else may have liked the look.
    Now let me ask you, did Star Jones not look like a beached whale in that exercise suit? She has come a long way since she wouldn't do anything you couldn't do in full dress. She has lost weight, but not enough to wear that outfit.
    Last edited by Muduh; 04-05-2004 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I didn't see the show, but I'm offended. It must suck that no matter how hard she works or what she does, she'll be dismissed by people because they think she's just a pretty blonde. Does George ever get remarks that he got the job because he looks like a nice grandfather?

I can't stand Joy. I'm surprised that she made a living as a comedian. She's never, ever funny.
    "...looks like a nice grandfather?" Was it just me who noticed when they showed Star doing her exercises...well, one of the exercises that she was showing was called "the elephant" and they wrote that (in big bold letters!) underneath her as she was performing the exercise. Boy, they hit two birds with one stone. She is so pathetic with her fiance this and that. :phhht Showing her exercising just made me wanna

Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat
    I didn't see it, but I gotta say that Carolyn just ROCKS. I'll admit, it took a while for her to grow on me, but after her SNL appearance (can she wail on those drums or WHAT?).
    That wasn't the real Carolyn playing the drums. The real George & Carolyn were on at the very beginning and at the very end when the show was ending, but the George & Carolyn in the singing skit were actors.

Okay, I could see Joy the bitter bitch being crass to Carolyn's face, and Star Jones just sitting there like a lump, but Meredith Whatsername didn't jump in to her defense?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    yall are too sensitive

everyone knows that Carolyn is a smart intellegent lady, nobody questions that

everyone knows that is how Joy Behar is (she doesn't mean anything by it), she is raw and vulgar with everything she says, that is the NY in her and she does stuff like that to add her "comedy" to the show

Carolyn did take offense, but it was just a joke, Joy didn't really mean anything by either comment, its just how she is

I didn't see the show so I can't comment. But really, isn't it obnoxious to let people get away with bad behavior because "that's just how they are". Oh, he's an ass, so he can say whatever he likes? Why do obnoxious people get a pass?

I couldn't see Meredith, but Star sat there like a lump. Elisabeth whatsherface kind of tried to steer things in the right direction. After Joy didn't get a laugh the first time, she then tried again - and she completely laid an egg. What a hen. :rolleyes: Carolyn should have said: "Well, I hope things continue to go well for me as Vice President. Fortunately I AM blonde and also young - not a redhead, has been 58 yr old shrill voiced so-called comedienne."
    Last edited by justvisiting; 04-06-2004 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady
    I didn't see the show so I can't comment. But really, isn't it obnoxious to let people get away with bad behavior because "that's just how they are". Oh, he's an ass, so he can say whatever he likes? Why do obnoxious people get a pass?
    Lurkinglady, I don't know why obnoxious people get a pass because I don't think that they should. Of course, they would disagree with me.

I believe I read in another post, from last year, that she was rude to another guest.

I don't watch The View anymore, simply because these women come off as the worst stereotype of women out there--catty, shrill, only into clothes/shoes/men, talk too much, etc.--so it doesn't surprise me that they would have treated Carolyn this way. The one person who has, without a doubt, come away from The Apprentice with a rock solid reputation is Carolyn. She's the best example of what women are in business. So of course The View women would have to knock her down a peg...they need to in order to mask their own insecurties.

well said, Miss Crispy

So did George or Carolyn actually say anything about The Apprentice while they were on?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast