+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to see the live show live

FORT Newbie

How to see the live show live

I will be in NYNY for Spring Break and will be there April 15, staying one block away from Trump Tower. Any tips on how I can see some of the live action? I am thinking they will have the area roped off and I might be able to see the last man(woman) standing leave??

Quote Originally Posted by chehan
    I will be in NYNY for Spring Break and will be there April 15, staying one block away from Trump Tower. Any tips on how I can see some of the live action? I am thinking they will have the area roped off and I might be able to see the last man(woman) standing leave??
    Well, my first tip to you would be that you're wasting your time watching Trump Tower. The finale will be live from Rockefeller Center.

FORT Newbie

thanks

great tip -- I would have been dragging my kids around Trump Towers like the Southern bumpkin I am!

Do you need to get tickets in advance? And if so, where?
    "Fool me-fool me once, shame on you. Fool me-you can't get fooled again." - George W. Bush

If this helps it is being taped where SNL is taped

Quote Originally Posted by chehan
    great tip -- I would have been dragging my kids around Trump Towers like the Southern bumpkin I am!
    NY will welcome our "Southern bumpkin" friend. Anyone could have made that error.

".........But the big finish will be a live telecast from studio 8H in Rockefeller Center, where "Saturday Night Live" originates............"

As far as whether or not you have to get tickets and how to get them (if that's even possible) I'd suggest contacting NBC.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...115476,00.html

FORT Newbie
    Thanks all! From what I can determine about other shows, you go there in the morning and stand in line plus you have to be 18 and I'll have two 13-year olds with me; NBC hasn't been real helpful, but hopefully my conceirge might be able to help us out. We'd be happy just to gawk from a distance! If I can't get in I will have to bum my girls out and watch from the hotel!

Hopefully, they'll be showing it on a big screen for those outside. Getting actual tickets might prove fruitless (if you can get them online , cool having been to a few tapings, it's always best to get them online-- you get in much quicker than those who wait outside). If not, and you're in the city, I'm sure you can find a good bar with a finale party going on. Try and find something pricey, as close to Rockefeller Center as you can get.... maybe some contestants will drop by! Good luck.
    Last edited by KatieKat; 04-05-2004 at 08:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread