+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Editing

FORT Newbie

Question about Editing

I have a question - mybe someone will know. This was all filmed last fall correct? Season started in Janueary. Do they edit all the episodes before the season starts? Or maybe just the first couple, then edit the rest as the weeks go by to capitolize on the public response to the characters? Reason I ask is that alot of people think that the producers set up nick and amy to win because they wanted to keep the romance going. But how did they know back then (when the task took place) that anyone would even care? I have a sneaking suspicion that these producers guys have some polls going, or are watching threads like this - or something so they know how portray everyone in the next episode to be aired, seeing how people respond to diff characters. I mean it clearly sounds like trump has dubbed some comments back into those boardroom sessions after the fact.

Ehh - this things starting to bug me a bit.

FORT Newbie

1 more thing

Also - trump has been sitting there watching these episodes, and watching how people are reacting to his contestants, and approving how they are portrayed. Think he's gonna hire someone nobody liked on tv?

no way!

Reality? Really?
    Originally posted by skiller
    I mean it clearly sounds like trump has dubbed some comments back into those boardroom sessions after the fact.
    I agree, many of Trump's comments in the boardroom have been edited in later, including his little speech about Troy and Kwame last night. One of the most obvious edits was in the week when Omarosa was having her meltdown outside the boardroom. As she re-enters the room, supposedly uninvited, we hear Trump blast, "Omarosa, what are you doing? I didn't call you back in here!" But, that was clearly edited in later. I'm not trying to defend Omarosa's actions, but it does lend some credibility to her story that she didn't barge back in uninvited, but was told she could go back in and say something.

To answer your question, I don't necessarily believe that all of the editing was done last fall/winter after production wrapped. I'm sure they've been tweaking things here and there as the season progressed.

I don't think that was "clearly edited in later" at all.

I think that Omarosa has a long ways to go in order to regain any credibility.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    Yes! I have a problem with the editing because people can form their opinions solely based on it more than often.

Bill is a very good example (and I am not just saying that because I am a fan). He didn't get much air time to express his opinions earlier on but whenever he did he was truthful about the situation. He was called shy, sweet, UTR, and likeable but not powerful/passionate enough to get the job. Now that he has shown that he is capable of being just that he is getting much more air time. All of a sudden he is arrogant, loud mouth, trash talker, and opinionated? His opinions/confessionals are still very truthful but just because he gets more airtime then lets say Kwame/Nick doesn't mean they do not have their opinions about things! Its just that its never shown to us viewers.

I do know that editing can only be possible if there is something to edit. Whats to say they do not 'edit/substract' everything for the end means?
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

Reality? Really?
    I haven't seen any of Omarosa's post-Apprentice interview appearances, but from what I've seen posted, it does sound like she has some definite problems with her perception of events (as well as a very large chip on her shoulder), and will probably never regain credibility in most people's eyes. I wasn't trying to defend her.

And, I may be completely wrong about the editing of Trump's "outrage" in the episode I previously described. But, I'm pretty certain it was edited in afterwards and never occurred at the time. I even commented on it to my husband as we were watching that episode and we replayed the videotape several times. I'm not an audio expert, so I don't know how to best describe it, but there was a definite change in the sound quality, which then reverted back after they all went back in and sat down. It was just like the difference that could be heard in the pitch of Trump's voice in last night's boardroom scene . . . during the shot of Kwame and Troy over Trump's left shoulder while he was talking with his hands a little. There were a few moments of Trump's dialogue that were edited in.

Understandably, Trump is going to want to sound as smooth and polished as possible. By the same token, we're all aware of how many times things have been exaggerated through editing by the show to make things appear more outrageous than they really were. There's a ton of editing done in this (and every other) reality show to get viewers to watch, down to the smallest facial reaction shot.

JMHO, and I'm not a gambler, but if I were at Trump's Taj Mahal, I'd be very confident in betting that Trump's outburst was edited in later for drama(rosa).

I can't stand those voice-overs! Ugh, it's like one of those old Chinese movies that they translate! :phhht

FORT Newbie

Relatives

I posted this somewhere else but its blends in with the editing question too:

relatives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole relatives showing up thing is odd anyway? How much notice did the relatives get so they could fly out there on a moments notice? Were the guys's relatives on standby or something? How bummed would troys wife and kid have been if they thought they might get to floy out and see him, only to be told he LOST and the trip was off.

How much delay was there before the trip to florida after the results were dtermined? Had to have been long enough to get relatives there right? Unless they weren't gonna do the same thing for the fella's I suppose....

While we're on the topic...I have a question about last night too! Okay...so we were shown Amy & Nick sitting on the couch at the last minute, right before their time was almost up right? If memory serves me correctly, wasn't Amy wearing a black jacket over a grean shirt and her hair was down? Then we saw her and Nick rushing to close the deal and she was back in that long multi-colored coat/sweater that she'd worn throughout the day with her hair up. Does anyone else remember this, or am I completely crazy?

Personally, I don't mind a little editing to tell a good story. HOWEVER, I HATE when it's blatanly obvious. Do they really think we're all that stupid?

Also, I think this whole Amy/Nick thing is being played up AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. In other words, I'm pretty sure we're seeing every single thing mentioned about it. The total number of small remarks we've seen are probably all that there are. JMO! Again...editing at it's best to tell what the producers believe is a good story.

Let me add to the discussion. Did you notice that DT's audio and video did not match at all yesterday while explaining the task? They repeated the same video of DT speaking over and over, but the dialog went on and it only catches up with the video until the last phrase...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast