+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apprentice Questions Answered

Apprentice Questions Answered

QUESTION Sure, the loft and those luxurious rewards are compliments of Trump, but who gets the check when the players are off the clock and on the town?

ANSWER As long as cameras are present, the show will pick up the tab. A good thing, because, according to an NBC rep, contestants aren't allowed to carry their own money or use ATMs during filming.

QUESTION Is that really Trump's boardroom?

ANSWER As bootee Tammy Lee would argue, we've been duped! The Donald's dreaded boardroom (and its wood-paneled reception area) was constructed for the show, says a rep for NBC. The set is rumored to be on the same floor as the contestants' loft, which makes taking the elevator ''up to the suite'' a wee bit difficult...

QUESTION What's the deal with Robin?

ANSWER The ''Mr. Trump will see you now'' secretary (last name: Himmler) has worked for Trump for four years. Present for every tortured moment of the boardroom scenes, she was usually stuck with the folks on the firing line for a good half hour during the closed-door deliberations. Did they use the time to kiss up to her? ''I'm sure I saw them on their best behavior,'' she says.

QUESTION Where did George go?

ANSWER The Donald's senior counsel, who's been MIA at three boardroom sit-downs, will say only that he had to ''tend to a business situation. Let's put it this way: There are things that will mean more dollars for the organization than 'The Apprentice' does.'' His stand-ins? Exec VP and general counsel Bernie Diamond and Mark Brown, CEO and president of Trump Taj Mahal.

QUESTION Is it THAT easy to catch a cab in front of Trump Tower?

ANSWER We've noticed that one of two cabs (No. 4N44 and No. 8Y80) is always conveniently curbside, but the real head-scratcher is how the recently rejected enter the elevator sporting one getup, walk out of the tower wearing something entirely different, and then return to their original garb for their taxicab confession. NBC declines to comment, but we're suspecting a piece of producer Mark Burnett's magic

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,604877_3||471611|1_0_,0 0.html

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar

ANSWER As bootee Tammy Lee would argue, we've been duped! The Donald's dreaded boardroom (and its wood-paneled reception area) was constructed for the show, says a rep for NBC. The set is rumored to be on the same floor as the contestants' loft, which makes taking the elevator ''up to the suite'' a wee bit difficult...

See, and I was told that the boardroom was in the basement of the Trump Tower. Which would make taking the elevator "down to the street" a wee bit difficult.

So which one is it?
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

FORT Newbie
    Woudln't the basement in Trump Tower be parking?

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Italian Idol

See, and I was told that the boardroom was in the basement of the Trump Tower. Which would make taking the elevator "down to the street" a wee bit difficult.

So which one is it?
    I read this same magazine article. It says its on the 4th floor. It is an exact replica of his real boardroom. The article does tell which floor the real boardroom is on but I don't remember what it is - I do know it's not the basement.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

FORT Newbie
    Well moving on..

I've heard a rumour about what the job of the final winner might be. Supposedly it was broadcast on CFRB, a news station here in Toronto. Apparently the winner will manage marketing for the new Toronto Trump Tower. I don't know if its true or not, but it could make sense. Of course would Trump put a $500 million building in the hands of the winner right away?

BTW here is the building website:

www.trumptoronto.ca

Once again just a rumour...

Winner's Position

I thought DT said in the last episode that the winner will be President of one of his companies...

d'lurker
    when they enter the cab and drive off, note the smoke coming out of
    the manhole cover (the review show is a good time to see it)...someone said long time ago they thought that all of the exit walks were filmed same day early one...looks like it to me...

If you want to get detailed about the 'drive off', there is a quick editing cut between the contestant entering the cab, and the actuall drive-away of the cab. Its pretty obvious that the drive off of the cab was done seperately, so the cabs we see leave the curb probably don't even have the contestants in it. I would guess from previous posts that they had all contestants do the cab shot before anyone got fired, and added the drive-away of the cab in post-production. The probably shot all constestants walking from the building and entering a cab, the same cab, and after they were done shooting the contestants, the had the cab drive away from the curb a few times, and probably got a few different cabs to have extra footage. Ever notice how half the shots that show the cab pulling away, there is another cab parked right in front that they have to pull around, and merge with other cabs? Its the same shot, over and over. The other cab pull-away has nothing parked in front of it. I guess you can slow motion the shot and get the cabbie numbers, but I'm pretty sure its the same two or three cabs.

Quote Originally Posted by wenbenoit
    I thought DT said in the last episode that the winner will be President of one of his companies...

Probably 'president' in title only. I'm sure they will have direct supervision from one of Donald's trusted sidekicks, and not allow them to make any big decisions alone. The money and the title are the real prizes, not the actuall duties of the job.

+ Reply to Thread