+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preview: Episode 12 Aired: April 1, 2004

Reality? Really?
    Originally quoted by Duxxy
    and what do you think will set the 'wilt' of the romance in motion?? Could it be Nick's damaged ego? Amy said Bill was her strongest competition - not Nick who seems to think he is the be-all-end-all.
    While I certainly agree with your thoughts on Nick, I have to wonder whether Amy cools the relationship based on the exposure of their relationship by Katrina to Trump. While I don't really believe that Trump was clueless about the relationship prior to this point, I do think his questioning Amy might have made her rethink the situation. IMO, she really did come across as rather foolish on this in the boardroom. She didn't seem to want to acknowledge that Nick could very well be playing her, but instead maintained that she thought, "Nick has a crush on me." As I said in another thread, it was very Katrina-esque of her to seemingly refuse to acknowledge that she might have been duped by Nick. Aside from that, even if Amy was willing to accept that she and Nick were both using each other, she would be forced to admit that she was using Katrina's old tricks (as well as many of the other girls) of using sex to get ahead. Continuing a relationship with Nick at this point, now that she knows for certain that Trump is aware of it, is pretty much a no-win situation for Amy in Trump's eyes. At the very least, even if Amy and Nick are both genuine in their feelings for each other, she has shown herself to have become distracted and capable of being taken advantage of during an extremely competitive multi-week job interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabby
    ........As I said in another thread, it was very Katrina-esque of her to seemingly refuse to acknowledge that she might have been duped by Nick. Aside from that, even if Amy was willing to accept that she and Nick were both using each other, she would be forced to admit that she was using Katrina's old tricks (as well as many of the other girls) of using sex to get ahead.......
    How would Nick and Amy using each other sexually help their individual causes? They know there can only be one winner.

We can only speculate, but I don't think there has been any "duping", and I don't think Trump cares anything about their flirtation or even if went beyond that (on a short-term basis). A friendship is a relationship, though.

I think Nick finds Amy attractive (as most men would), but Amy's "Nick has a crush on me" remark pretty much puts it into the proper perspective.

When either or both of them is/are fired and they have to go their separate ways, neither will be crushed. This is the "romance" that "wasn't" and IMO it's much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by justvisiting; 03-30-2004 at 06:50 PM.

Reality? Really?
    Originally posted by justvisiting
    How would Nick and Amy using each other sexually help their individual causes? They know there can only be one winner.
    One winner, true. But, as a means of helping themselves get further along in the competition, Nick and Amy could be using their relationship as (for lack of a better word) an alliance. Amy could very well have thought to herself, "Nick has a crush on me. If I play along, he's much more likely to take someone else to the boardroom with him than me." The same could be said for Nick. I'm not saying their relationship isn't genuine -- we don't know that yet -- I'm only saying they may be using it to their advantage. (By the way, theirs is not the only such "alliance" -- look at Katrina and Ereka, Troy and Kwame. There may have been others we were never aware of.) I'm not saying that Nick and Amy's "alliance" had to be of a sexual nature, only that it seems to have progressed to that level. They could just have easily accomplished the same thing on a friendship level. And, I'm not trying to make much ado about nothing -- I don't care one way or the other whether their feelings went deep enough for either of them to be crushed once they parted. But, I do feel their "relationship" is a factor in this competition, just like Katrina & Ereka's, and just like Troy & Kwame's.

We can only speculate, but I don't think there has been any "duping", and I don't think Trump cares anything about their flirtation or even if went beyond that (on a short-term basis).
    That's where I disagree. Trump obviously does care about motivation and whether a candidate is allowing emotion to overrule tough business decisions. During Trump Ice week, Ereka was PM for Versacorp and they lost. In the boardroom, Trump called Ereka out on the fact that she allowed her relationship (friendship) with Katrina to interfere with her decision as to who should have been in the boardroom with her, and Ereka was fired for it. Troy had likewise been questioned on his reasons for sending Kwame back up to the suite. In Apartment Renovation week, Trump put Katrina on the spot asking if she felt she had been duped by Troy. Katrina refused to consider that Troy had gotten the best of her. This seems to have made an impression on Trump, as he has even mentioned Katrina's "duping" in subsequent magazine articles. If Trump cared nothing about Nick and Amy's flirtation, he wouldn't have pressed Amy on it -- he would have ignored Katrina's comments and brought the discussion back to the business at hand. I think he wanted some further insight into Amy. He even tried to push her buttons by referring to Nick as her "boyfriend." I think he was trying to judge whether: 1) If the relationship is genuine, did Amy let this cloud her decision as to who she brought back to the boardroom? or 2) If the relationship is not genuine, who is being used? Trump had Amy in a catch-22 situation, and wanted to see how she reacted. If the relationship was genuine, she could be fired ala Ereka. If the relationship was not genuine, it made her look even worse. If Amy conceded that Nick might be using her to get himself further along, she would have to admit that she had indeed been duped, like Katrina. Amy didn't seem to want to admit this could be a possibility to Trump. If Amy conceded that she was using Nick to get further along, she would have to admit that she had fallen back on using sex or flirtation (or whatever you want to call it) to get ahead, like Katrina.

I don't think Trump cares a hoot whether anyone has become friends or is romantically involved except within the context of how their emotions might affect their job performance. And that, I feel, is why Trump was definitely trying to push Amy's buttons in the boardroom last week to see how she would react.

Quote Originally Posted by justvisiting
    When did Carolyn yell at Heidi?
    When they were saying "Don't cross Carolyn" and showed Carolyn saying "You don't bring anything to the table!". I figured that Katrina would be the one who was being yelled at, but it was Heidi.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Kai5925
    When they were saying "Don't cross Carolyn" and showed Carolyn saying "You don't bring anything to the table!". I figured that Katrina would be the one who was being yelled at, but it was Heidi.
    I saw the promo, and the show. My point was that Carolyn didn't "yell" at anyone. And that "Dont. Cross. Carolyn!" buildup was baloney.

And what Carolyn actually said ...in a firm but normal tone of voice....was: "I've have yrt to see anything from you."

There was no yelling whatsoever.
    Last edited by justvisiting; 03-30-2004 at 09:51 PM.

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    Did anyone catch the previews of the upcoming episode on "NBC" site?

It shows Amy and Nick sitting supposedly in a "plane" but then again when they showed us Katrina, Amy, and Nick checking in their hotel room last episode, we assumed that they win! (Damn Burnett and his tricks) Amy does seem a bit excited about something though? Any guesses?

Also they show Troy, Kwame, Amy.. quoting prices on apartments and Amy getting the last bid of (I think 40 K it wasnt very clear) is it safe to assume just by that insinuation that Amy/Nick didn't win?

By the looks of it Troy (supposedly) and Nick (definately) are the PMs for this week.

I really hope Nick who is outclassed by all the remaining people would just go away but I wont be too surprised if Troy or Kwame end up going home.
    Just don't let it be Bill! *fingers crossed*
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

I think I got this one. Did you see the receptionist waving bye-bye with a smirk in the preview? Well, she was definitely waving back, she wouldn't do it otherwise. So the question is - which candidate would wave bye-bye to her? Kwame? no. Bill? probably not. Amy? probably not. Nick? um maybe. Troy? very likely!!

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar
    Its hard to say TivoFan. Maybe she was just happy to see smarmy Nick finally go!
    Win or Lose: Diana Degarmo is my American Idol!

Nothing Runs Like a Deer Alka Deer's Avatar
    i think Trump will fire them all and hire that 10 year old kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TivoFan
    I think I got this one. Did you see the receptionist waving bye-bye with a smirk in the preview? Well, she was definitely waving back, she wouldn't do it otherwise. So the question is - which candidate would wave bye-bye to her? Kwame? no. Bill? probably not. Amy? probably not. Nick? um maybe. Troy? very likely!!
    Several candidates, including Omarosa and Heidi, have exchanged g'bye waves with the receptionist. I don't think it's an indicator of anything.

But, let's see: It could be Amy or Troy or Nick or Bill or Kwame. Or - it might be Bill or Kwame or Troy or Nick or Amy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast