+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Task Ideas

Task Ideas

I was looking at the NBC site a while back and, just out of curiosity, clicked on the "Task Ideas" link. Whoa. They practically make you sign your life away and they make it clear that there is no compensation and that they might use your idea or modify it as they see fit and you will get no credit for your idea,

Hmmmmmmm.

I think they could turn task submission into a really cool contest. Heck, it's not going to kill them to offer, say $1,000 or at least something better than a free "You're fired" t-shirt. But to offer "nothing"?!

One reason I was interested was I thought of a few assignments that might be interesting and feasible to implement for competition.

1 - Creating an original recipe (entree, dessert, etc.) and selling it to a classy restaurant.

2 - A campaign to attract certain events such as weddings or conferences.

Just a couple ideas....any more?

Quote Originally Posted by justvisiting
    I was looking at the NBC site a while back and, just out of curiosity, clicked on the "Task Ideas" link. Whoa. They practically make you sign your life away and they make it clear that there is no compensation and that they might use your idea or modify it as they see fit and you will get no credit for your idea,

Hmmmmmmm.

I think they could turn task submission into a really cool contest. Heck, it's not going to kill them to offer, say $1,000 or at least something better than a free "You're fired" t-shirt. But to offer "nothing"?!

One reason I was interested was I thought of a few assignments that might be interesting and feasible to implement for competition.

1 - Creating an original recipe (entree, dessert, etc.) and selling it to a classy restaurant.

2 - A campaign to attract certain events such as weddings or conferences.

Just a couple ideas....any more?
    Your first idea would be better suited for a cooking show.

I know Donald would love this one: Selling the "You're Fired" shirts and see who makes the most money.

I think it is truly hilarious that you have to sign your life away, surrender any rights to task ideas that you submit not only for American versions of The Apprentice, but also worldwide rights as well. Why don't they use as a task assignment the creation of an online game for submission of task ideas, for future versions of the show. And DT should remind them to THINK BIG, something a little more motivating than a "You're Fired" t-shirt.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    There's a link somewhere on the Smoking Gun to the contract that the "Bachelorette" contestants have to sign. It's truly scary.

I'd love to see a "mole" get on one of these shows and blow it wide open as to how much manipulation really goes on!

Okay, I got it. Prize for a task submission that's used would be a punch-card good for a whole weekend of free pedicab rides, it the rain! AND an autographed picture of George Steinbrenner.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    LOL. That punch card idea was one of the worst I had ever heard.

I live in NYC and it's pretty much only tourists who ride the pedicabs, or people who do it on a one-off. I don't know ANYONE who would do it enough to use a punch card.

How about a task where they get 5,000 dollars per team and are just told to turn it into lots of money by the end of four days, say? Anything goes. I think it'd REALLY show ingenuity and creativity of the applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by Omarosa
    How about a task where they get 5,000 dollars per team and are just told to turn it into lots of money by the end of four days, say? Anything goes. I think it'd REALLY show ingenuity and creativity of the applicants.
    Good one

Quote Originally Posted by Omarosa

looking in wallet........ How about giving the teams $11.31 and telling them to turn THAT into a lot of money? Or, I'd even be happy if they could turn it into $1,000.

Better yet... make the contestants turn over their wallets, any cash, any valuables (like watches, rings) and send them out on the streets for a day to see who brings back the most money by sundown. Lay down a few basic rules like; stay on your block, no begging, no stealing, no borrowing, no prostitution, must give value for the money recieved, etc...

The winner of this task will be the team who can talk strangers out of money, and give some sort of value for that money, even if its piggyback rides down the street, or getting a job for the day delivering sandwiches on their block. This would be far more interesting than giving them 'seed' money for a task.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast