+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do you WANT to win & THINK will win?

FORT Fan
    Want to win?

Bill or Troy

Will win?

I dunno.
    Anyone but Amy

FORT Newbie
    Jexter, I agree with pretty much your whole analysis there.

However, I think the Bill + Amy vs Kwame + Troy thing will depend on what the task is, but ultimately, I think you're right.

My final three: Bill, Amy, and Troy.

I want to Troy to win so much it's not even funny.

Will he win, though? I do think he's got a great shot at it. I think it's between Troy and Bill...or perhaps Kwame. You never know.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I want Amy or Bill to win. I favor Amy slightly more because she's female.
    I think one of those two will win.

It would be interesting to see Troy win because he just seems so out of his element with his 'aw shucks' country boy personality. Kwame seems like a nice enough guy, so if he won I wouldn't be upset either, although I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell.

The only person I absolutely don't want to win is Nick....I dunno...I just don't like him.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

FORT Fogey
    rainydaygirlm -
    I just got off the phone with mother-in-law. She is the most intuitive person I know. She doesn't own a computer and has not heard the "Kwame-wins" rumor but she said straight out that she thinks he'll be the winner!

Who knows.

One trick I think I've observed on Mark Burnett's "Survivor" is that it seems as if he gives more airtime early on to those who get booted soonest. Those who go the longest get the least airtime in the beginning.

In addition, players who are about to get voted off seem to get more airtime during the episode in which they leave.

I wonder if that's what we are seeing now. I think about Katrina the other night. I'd have to check but it seems as if she was interviewed the most that night.

Kwame has had little airtime throughout. Not sure if this means my mother-in-law is correct or if Kwame just hasn't been that powerful a player. Who knows what happens in the editing room.

I don't know. My mother-in-law is kind of spooky in this way, so I can't rule out a Kwame victory!

FORT Newbie
    Interesting!

Yes, I think it'd be neat, actually, if Kwame wins. I've warmed up to him lately, and if Troy likes him, then he's gotta be cool.

I really enjoy watching their little relationship progress because part of me thinks it seems unlikely - Harvard grad meets country boy - but I love the dynamic of them together.

If it comes down to a Troy vs. Kwame dead heat, I think it's going to get emotional. Heh.

Troy's my #1, no doubt about it, but I would not mind seeing Kwame beat out everyone else that's left. At all.

FORT Newbie
    Who I would like to win? TROY

Who I think will win? Bill or Amy

I want Troy for many reasons. Troy does not have the fine degrees the others have. He is smart, creative, and hard working. I do believe he is deeply honest. I also like the fact he worked his way up the ladder; however, I can see Amy as a mini-Caroline. She is not a quitter and Donald does like the ladies.

who do i WANT to win: bill
    who do i THINK will win: kwame

though i would be satifised with bill/kwame/troy winning as long as its not amy/nick

FORT Fan
    Want
    I hope Troy wins. I think he's been the star of the show. He's been an important part in all of his team's victories and he has handled defeat better than anyone.

Think
    I think it'll be between Bill and Troy. Bill has been more successful than Troy and in the real world, a company would probably pick Bill over Troy since he's a little more stable.

BUT this isn't the real world, it's a TV show and it would be in the best interest of the show if the person with the most personality won. Just like when Richard won Survivor the 1st season. So my pick is Troy to win.

FORT Fogey
    I know I'm addicted for spending the time even doing this, but....I thought it would be interesting to see a pattern in the comments DT says in various publications. I only have 3...I pulled EW and US from forum posts and typed in the People Mag. text from the magazine itself.

Than, I listed DT's 7 Rules for Success and ballparked who I thought was most applicable to the trait. The "In a Nutshell" are my opinions only and have nothing to do with any quotes or facts.

Kwame
    US_March 2004
    Kwame is smooth and will do what is necessary to succeed. Sometimes you have to push the envelope
    Ent Weekly_March 2004
    "MB: “Kwame’s strenghths are certainly his education and his desire. [But] he’s a little bit like Bill – he’s in the shadows.”
    DT: “Wonderful guy, wonderful skills.”"
    People_March 2004
    "Win: His personal skills are excellent. Everybody loves Kwame
    Lose: Some of his locational choices were terrible"
    In a nutshell???
    Smart, driven, good team player, takes chances

Bill
    US_March 2004
    Bill is a good guy with a great future. Hes a careful thinker, serious about his endeavors and a good bet to achieve the results he seeks
    Ent Weekly_March 2004
    "MB: “Superbright, great ideas, but stands in the shadows too much.”
    DT: “Great social skills, good leadership ability.”"
    People_March 2004
    "Win: He's a good leader and has great people skills
    Some of his ideas can be flawed"
    In a nutshell???
    He's a winner; thoughtful, cautious, smart, committed to success, good leader and team player

Troy
    US_March 2004
    Troy is optimistic and realistic at the same time. It takes a brave man to have his legs waxed. That showed me how much he wanted the job.
    Ent Weekly_March 2004
    "MB: “Heart and soul and humor are his strengths; na´vetÚ is his weakness.”
    DT: “The country bumpkin is perhaps more street-smart than any of the city slickers.”"
    People_March 2004
    "Win: He has tremendous street smarts for a country bumpkin
    Lose: Sometimes he goes over the edge"
    In a nutshell???
    Street smart and likeable; not as intelligent or sophisticated as the others

Amy
    US_March 2004
    Amy once owened millions of dollars in options and lost it all in the dot-com bust. I dont think much gets her down.
    Ent Weekly_March 2004
    "MB: “Amy is an excellent strategist, an excellent peacemaker. I don’t have anything negative to say.”
    DT: “Incredible leader in a very subdued way.”"
    People_March 2004
    "Win: She's a great politician and leader
    Lose: She sometimes will sit too far in the background"
    In a nutshell???
    Politician - not business woman

Nick
    US_March 2004
    Nick is a savvy guy who tries to cover his bases. He is industrious but needs to focus on exactly what is going on around him
    Ent Weekly_March 2004
    "MB: “He’s probably one of the best salesmen I’ve ever seen.""
    DT: “Very strong, but sometimes not very diplomatic. ""His downfall is he continually speaks his mind.”"
    People_March 2004
    "Win: He's very determined and driven
    Lose: He has to work on his political skills and getting along with people"
    In a nutshell???
    "Driven, hardworking, thorough.
    Not a team player"

Donald's 7 Rules for Success
    1 You have to be born with enough brainpower.
    Kwame, Bill
    2 Once you have that, you have to love what you're doing. I've never seen anyone succeed who didn't love what they were doing.
    Kwame, Bill, Troy, Amy, Nick
    3 You cannot stop. If there is a concrete wall in front of you, you have to go through it. You can never, ever give up or even think in terms of giving up.
    Kwame, Bill, possibly Troy
    4 Confidence is a very important thing. But confidence isn't something you just develop by saying "I'm going to do this or that." You really have to believe it.
    5 I love pitting people against each other. My whole life is based on that. It brings out the best in people and the worst in people. If the worst comes out, you don't want them working for you.
    Kwame, Bill, Troy, Amy
    6 You have to remain cool under fire and let criticism roll off you. Good leaders handle conflict easily and bad ones are eaten up by it.
    7 You must work well with others and be loyal to your team. Disloyalty is the worst of all traits. I seldom use the words "You're fired!" in business, unless somebody is really scum and stole from me.
    Kwame, Bill, Troy, Amy

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Thanks for doing all that Jexter - I saw the US article, but not the others.

Judging by those comments sounds like DT is leaning towards Bill or Kwame.
    Either is a good choice...please...anybody but Nick.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast