+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Criteria for firing - is it clear?

Criteria for firing - is it clear?

Apologies if this has been asked or discussed before.

Obviously it is very exciting to guess who is going to be fired in an episode. But I am not sure if the criteria for deciding who is going to be fired is clear. Is it the performance in the current project, exclusively? Does the performance in previous projects count?

Sometimes it seems that the performance in the current project is what should be looked at ... I remember DT saying sometimes: "But in this particular case". But then I remember Carolyn saying: "I have yet to see something out of you".

Now that a few tasks are complete, it should be clear if the "history" counts or not. If it does, some candidates will have to work harder to overcome their previous mistakes

I think DT knows the candidates pretty well by now and would weigh in their personal flaws and characteristics with their performance on a given task. For instance, he cited Troy for having been recognized as a good leader by his peers, but not Heidi. Heidi really eliminated herself by not seizing more opportunities to be a leader and this history worked against her in the boardroom that day. Also, her attitude of just "going along" with other people's ideas and not coming up with some of her own.

Also in the case with Assorosa, DT fired her for her consistent past of not being able to get along with people.

When DT was on Larry King, he said that he does take prior performances into consideration. I think by now in this late of the game, he knows pretty much who he wants and is just seeing if they make a mistake.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I agree Speedbump, I think his mind is already made up. Actually I feel that some of the people had no chance from the start. Either Carolyn didn't like them, George didn't approve of something, or Trump just had a candidate already chosen and didn't care who went next.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Don't forget that we can probably be pretty sure there is producer involvement in the firings!!! I don't know that it's all Trump's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    Don't forget that we can probably be pretty sure there is producer involvement in the firings!!! I don't know that it's all Trump's decision.
    I know it goes with a grain of salt, but DT was sitting next to MB and DT said that he is the only one who decides on who to keep.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I know it goes with a grain of salt, but DT was sitting next to MB and DT said that he is the only one who decides on who to keep.
    Hmmm...

My understanding is that in all the Mark Burnett shows, producers have *A LOT* of influence over the decisions...and *A LOT* of confidentiality agreements to protect how much they manipulate the show.

I would like to think that Trump makes the decisions, because I think he has a great eye and makes great points, but I guess I am just a bit cynical. For example I bet Omarosa would have been fired sooner had Trump not been urged to keep her on by producers for the sake of drama.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    This isn't a game where the winner goes home--the winner is going to stick around for a year--so it makes sense that Trump would take past performance and personality traits into account. Whatever Trump's criteria, I'd say it's working well. Based on what we've been allowed to see, the most qualified candidates are still there (or will be once Katrina goes!). (I really like this model more than the Survivor one, where stong players get voted out by alliances of weaklings.)

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    Hmmm...

My understanding is that in all the Mark Burnett shows, producers have *A LOT* of influence over the decisions...and *A LOT* of confidentiality agreements to protect how much they manipulate the show.

I would like to think that Trump makes the decisions, because I think he has a great eye and makes great points, but I guess I am just a bit cynical. For example I bet Omarosa would have been fired sooner had Trump not been urged to keep her on by producers for the sake of drama.

um....hello.....DT is the producer.

on vacation
    It would be ludicrious imo, not to consider past plusses or minuses on any of the candidates. One bonehead move doesn't make a person completely bad.

And if he's honestly picking someone to run one of his companies, there is a lot of liability of letting other's decide whose going to win.

Mark Burnett might know a lot about ratings and what makes a show watchable but when it comes down to it, Trump should have the ultimate say in who gets the job.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast