+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double standard?

Double standard?

This has been bugging me for a few weeks and I wonder if anyone else noticed it too. (I haven't seen it during any threads, but it may be there). Anyway- it was the episode when Troy and Heidi were in the boardroom and Trump asked Troy why he didn't bring Kwame, and Troy said "We have been together in this from the beginning. We are sticking together" (not exact words, but same idea.) Trump didn't even bat an eyelash. But isn't that basically what Ereka did with Katrina? Kept her out of the boardroom because they were friends?
    Any thoughts?

FORT Fogey
    I noticed that too sunnyone... I was wondering what that was all about... part of it may be that Troy came right out and admitted it, while Ereka wouldn't, but I don't know...

I think, at the very least, DT lost some respect for Troy for that move. Even if he didn't come out and say it in the version we saw (and though I hate to make this argument, remember that "firings" take upwards of 2 hours in real life).

I'm sorry folks but I have to say I think the guys can get by with more than the girls can. Also, it seems that Donald and Company make up rules as they go along, so who's to know how they should act?

Troy didn't say that at all! I heard him say something like this '... Kwame and I have been together from the beginning and we always said that if one of us was the weakest link, by golly, he's the weakest link.' I took that to mean that IF Troy thought Kwame was the weakest link, he'd have to say so. But Troy didn't think that, so he picked Heidi. That's how I took what he said and I watched that scene a few times. Also, in the recap, they elaborated on their agreement to 'make the cut sharp and quick'. So there is no double standard, but rather a statement of their agreement with each other.

To me, this was a no-brainer.

Ereka's main goal in that boardroom was to get Nick fired. It was clear from how she spoke to him and about him that she had it out for him. Her decision to give Katrina a pass was done so out of malice for Nick. And Trump don't play that.

Ereka left Katrina out of the boardroom not because they were friends, but because she knew that Katrina would be of no help in trying to get Nick fired. Bill, on the other hand, would be the "perfect" ally...or so Ereka thought. So, regardless of the fact that Bill saved Ereka's butt on her sales calls, Ereka dragged Bill into the boardroom. Even though Katrina was part of the Nick/Katrina sales team that had the lowest sales. So, Ereka took a strong, innocent team member into the boardroom, gave Katrina a pass even though she really had no evidence (other than Katrina's word) that Katrina actually closed any sales, all so she could gang up on Nick to get him fired.

Troy didn't give Kwaame a pass because Troy had it out for Heidi. I think Troy 1) was playing the loyalty card but also had a good reason for choosing Heidi which was that Heidi's head was not in the game. Ereka had no real, valid reason for bringing Bill into the boardroom and giving Katrina a pass. When George and Carolyn asked Eereka why she gave Kat a pass, Ereka said that Kat hadn't stepped up to take a lead role in the sales calls so she didn't feel she had any reason to bring Kat along to the boardroom. Wisely, both Carolyn and George took this admission from Ereka and turned it around on her saying, "Well, if she didn't step up and take a leadership role to help sales, then why are you rewarding her?" Ereka said she didn't have any evidence that she shouldn't reward her, to which both George and Carolyn asked "Well, if you have no evidence of it, then how do you know that it was she who made all of the sales that you gave her credit for and not Nick?"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tessmgill
    To me, this was a no-brainer.

Ereka's main goal in that boardroom was to get Nick fired. It was clear from how she spoke to him and about him that she had it out for him. Her decision to give Katrina a pass was done so out of malice for Nick. And Trump don't play that.

Ereka left Katrina out of the boardroom not because they were friends, but because she knew that Katrina would be of no help in trying to get Nick fired. Bill, on the other hand, would be the "perfect" ally...or so Ereka thought. So, regardless of the fact that Bill saved Ereka's butt on her sales calls, Ereka dragged Bill into the boardroom. Even though Katrina was part of the Nick/Katrina sales team that had the lowest sales. So, Ereka took a strong, innocent team member into the boardroom, gave Katrina a pass even though she really had no evidence (other than Katrina's word) that Katrina actually closed any sales, all so she could gang up on Nick to get him fired.

Troy didn't give Kwaame a pass because Troy had it out for Heidi. I think Troy 1) was playing the loyalty card but also had a good reason for choosing Heidi which was that Heidi's head was not in the game. Ereka had no real, valid reason for bringing Bill into the boardroom and giving Katrina a pass. When George and Carolyn asked Eereka why she gave Kat a pass, Ereka said that Kat hadn't stepped up to take a lead role in the sales calls so she didn't feel she had any reason to bring Kat along to the boardroom. Wisely, both Carolyn and George took this admission from Ereka and turned it around on her saying, "Well, if she didn't step up and take a leadership role to help sales, then why are you rewarding her?" Ereka said she didn't have any evidence that she shouldn't reward her, to which both George and Carolyn asked "Well, if you have no evidence of it, then how do you know that it was she who made all of the sales that you gave her credit for and not Nick?"
    yah but kwame was the weakest link, troy just covered for him imo. Kwame rode the pedicab and made no money and wasted time to actually make money. Troy didnt really sell his idea but Heidi actually sold more. So troy should have taken kwame but since they are pals he didnt thats why heidi was like you asshole to troy because she was much stronger than kwame even though her "head" wasnt in the game.

The irony is that later Katrina said she had told Ereka, several times, "take me in the board room with you". If Ereka had done that - instead of taking Bill - Nick probably would have been fired......however, Nick seemed more than ready to do battle with Ereka. So, ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nextlife
    Troy didn't say that at all! I heard him say something like this '... Kwame and I have been together from the beginning and we always said that if one of us was the weakest link, by golly, he's the weakest link.' I took that to mean that IF Troy thought Kwame was the weakest link, he'd have to say so. But Troy didn't think that, so he picked Heidi. That's how I took what he said and I watched that scene a few times. Also, in the recap, they elaborated on their agreement to 'make the cut sharp and quick'. So there is no double standard, but rather a statement of their agreement with each other.

But what is suprising is that when they were all in the boardroom Trump made it sound like HE thought Kwame was the weakest link- not Heidi. You would think Troy would have taken notice of that. I still think Troy put friendship above performance though.
    Great insights everyone!

FORT Regular
    Ok, I am Troy fan, (even though i am Greek, you have to be pretty well literate to get the joke, but I digress) but I think the weakest link speech was [mod edit]. He had a deal with Kwame and that was obvious.

What I think made the difference is that Troy had some shining moments in the last couple of weeks, and Heidi really didn't. Ereka didn't have the advantage with ass-kiss Nick, and that was her downfall. Also picking between Kwame and Heide was a much closer call than the obvious Nick vs. Katrina choice. DT and the board may have thought it was unfair to put Nick in jeopardy, because he did the best job, chosing Hedi or Kwame would be a toss.
    Last edited by John; 03-21-2004 at 07:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast