+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is (or was) the strongest female candidate?

Who is (or was) the strongest female candidate?

Looking at the remaining women:

Amy - Definitely has the right "look" and demeanor. Because of her poised, professional, and classy look, people have dubbed her as the best of the women. I do not agree. What have we seen from Amy so far? Every clip I see of her involves trying to manipulate men for material gain (i.e., her behavior in the lemonade task, her behavior in the Shooter Girls task, her behavior with the transportation task-she actually had the nerve to try to get men to pay $50.00 for a ride up the street. Even Katrina, a woman who admits to using her looks for gains, thought Amy was going to far!). Nevertheless, Amy is currently the strongest because if you can get so many people to believe that you are strong, then that's really all that matters in this world.

Katrina - Definitely is a hard worker. It takes hard work to graduate with a perfect GPA, and achieve what she has at so young an age. However, Katrina still has a lot of growing up to do, and if she were to gain 75 pounds tomorrow, I have no doubt that her career would fall to pieces because she relies heavily on her appearance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using what you've got. If it works, and men/women respond positively to it (as most of us do according to some studies), then by all means, do it! But again, what happens when the princess' looks fade? Will the only thing left be a bitter, spoiled brat? Also, she fell apart when Troy outwitted her in the apartment renovation task. Her reaction was childish, at best.

Heidi - Tough cookie, but it seemed as though that was all she was. Everyone likes someone who is down to earth, etc. but she just came across as very rough around the edges. She is more of a hustler, hard worker, who gets by from acting and not thinking. I didn't notice any creativity coming from her. For the record though, her personality is very similar to that of most men. Although the fact that she is a woman puts her at a disadvantage.

Ereka - I saw absolutely nothing redeeming about Ereka on the show. She was hot tempered, and, like many women, let her emotions control her actions. In many cases, her emotion-based decisions trumped logic and reason, which eventually led to her demise.

Krista - Too much of a crybaby. Would NEVER last in the cutthroat business world.

Jessie - I didn't notice anything particularly great about her. She only came across as an inexperienced backstabber, with a highly annoying voice.

Tammy - Seems very strong, but she didn't know how to "play the game." She was too results driven and ended up making a lot of inappropriate and insensitive comments. I think if Tammy could have toned down the comments and, instead, took on the role of the strong, silent type (sort of like Kwame), she could have gone very far in the game.

Omarosa - Could not get along with the other women, for whatever reasons. She was frequently placed in the situation of selling or marketing something she didn't agree with, and she did the job beautifully. Despite the overwhelming hatred of the other competitors towards her, she did continue to put forth the effort to interact with them. I really do feel that if Omarosa had been more under the radar, and acted super-friendly with the other houseguests, she could have won the whole thing. Its not as if she is not capable of being friendly, she just chose not to be, and in the end, that destroyed her.
    Last edited by LalahLand; 03-15-2004 at 11:30 AM.

FORT Regular
    Amy by a long shot. It think she's done the best out of all the contestants so far period.

Heidi would be my next pick. Even when we didn't like her she did well at pushing sales for her team. I think in a lot of the women's early victories she was the MVP. Her problem is she wasn't as polished, or as likeable as Amy.

I haven't really seen alot from the rest of the girls. Katrina might be a dark horse, she's still in and other than some whining we haven't seen alot of her on camara.

Amy, and the others aren't even that close.

I still think she wins the whole thing. As for not showing anything yet? I have to disagree with that about as much as I can. It was Amy's idea last week to sell advertising on the bikes.

A move that would not have worked so easily if she had not taken the time to talk with the client and make connections back in the advertising episode. Finally, she generally has a professional presence that would fit well into Trump's world.

I enjoyed watching Heidi, but standing on a busy Manhattan avenue shouting F-bombs and insults to the local populace is not a good presence by comparison, and I don't agree at all that the behavior is typical of men.
    Last edited by Bill; 03-15-2004 at 01:24 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Everyone says Amy Amy Amy is the strongest, which she is; her team always wins afet all. However, that doesn't mean she won't ever mess up. We'll just have to wait and see. I kinda like Katrina too though. I thought it was hilarious when she argued with Troy..."Troy, you deceived me, I've never been duped Mr. trump!" Sure you haven't! :rolleyes

FORT Newbie
    I think you're mistaken about Amy.
    She and Kristi were the ones that got the task started in the lemonade episode, while everyone was bickering. (you must have mistaken her for someone else) yes she did go along with the shooters girl task, but she didn't do anything to stand out... As for her charging a lot for pedicab rides, it seems to be due to the fact that they made 3000 worth of advertising. IF they only charged 2 dollars a ride, the revenue generated would have been so miniscule, it would not have mattered to the final outcome. It seems that she was just thinking of the big picture... Amy is definitely the strongest female by FAR!

Heidi is great too, but she lacks the CEO demeanor. Shes a fighter though.

Kristi was strong until she bombed as PM. She doesn't seem to lead well, but I think she was a great asset to any team.

Tammy was interesting, she wasn't that bad. She was a bit socially awkward but from her confessionals, seemed very analytical.

Everyone else is kinda... meh....
    Last edited by blue; 03-15-2004 at 02:46 PM.

Amy by a long shot. She's about the only one that consistently has good ideas. I also like Heidi. Aside from her lack of professionalism at times, she is a team player and she never, ever used her mother's illness as an excuse to slack off. Unlike Omarosa who suffered what you'd think was major head trauma by the way she whined and complained.

None of the others have really done much for me. Katrina and Ereka were virtually indistinguishable and have done little to stand out. Katrina's very lucky she's still there.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand
    Looking at the remaining women:

Amy - Definitely has the right "look" and demeanor. Because of her poised, professional, and classy look, people have dubbed her as the best of the women. I do not agree. What have we seen from Amy so far? Every clip I see of her involves trying to manipulate men for material gain (i.e., her behavior in the lemonade task, her behavior in the Shooter Girls task, her behavior with the transportation task-she actually had the nerve to try to get men to pay $50.00 for a ride up the street. Even Katrina, a woman who admits to using her looks for gains, thought Amy was going to far!). Nevertheless, Amy is currently the strongest because if you can get so many people to believe that you are strong, then that's really all that matters in this world.

Katrina - Definitely is a hard worker. It takes hard work to graduate with a perfect GPA, and achieve what she has at so young an age. However, Katrina still has a lot of growing up to do, and if she were to gain 75 pounds tomorrow, I have no doubt that her career would fall to pieces because she relies heavily on her appearance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using what you've got. If it works, and men/women respond positively to it (as most of us do according to some studies), then by all means, do it! But again, what happens when the princess' looks fade? Will the only thing left be a bitter, spoiled brat? Also, she fell apart when Troy outwitted her in the apartment renovation task. Her reaction was childish, at best.

Heidi - Tough cookie, but it seemed as though that was all she was. Everyone likes someone who is down to earth, etc. but she just came across as very rough around the edges. She is more of a hustler, hard worker, who gets by from acting and not thinking. I didn't notice any creativity coming from her. For the record though, her personality is very similar to that of most men. Although the fact that she is a woman puts her at a disadvantage.

Ereka - I saw absolutely nothing redeeming about Ereka on the show. She was hot tempered, and, like many women, let her emotions control her actions. In many cases, her emotion-based decisions trumped logic and reason, which eventually led to her demise.

Krista - Too much of a crybaby. Would NEVER last in the cutthroat business world.

Jessie - I didn't notice anything particularly great about her. She only came across as an inexperienced backstabber, with a highly annoying voice.

Tammy - Seems very strong, but she didn't know how to "play the game." She was too results driven and ended up making a lot of inappropriate and insensitive comments. I think if Tammy could have toned down the comments and, instead, took on the role of the strong, silent type (sort of like Kwame), she could have gone very far in the game.

Omarosa - Could not get along with the other women, for whatever reasons. She was frequently placed in the situation of selling or marketing something she didn't agree with, and she did the job beautifully. Despite the overwhelming hatred of the other competitors towards her, she did continue to put forth the effort to interact with them. I really do feel that if Omarosa had been more under the radar, and acted super-friendly with the other houseguests, she could have won the whole thing. Its not as if she is not capable of being friendly, she just chose not to be, and in the end, that destroyed her.

it takes hard work to graduate with a near perfect gpa if it is a hard major. At UM, international finance and marketing are not hard majors, therefore, although it looks good on paper it really isn't much of an accomplishment.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar
    Amy is easily the strongest of the women candidates. One of her stronger points is that she not only made a fortune in the whole dot com thing, but she also lost a lot. That may sound bad until you consider that that means she has had a good education in winning as well as losing, and getting back up after. That's something very valuable, that experience and knowledge. It makes people realize their vulnerabilites and look twice at things and be smarter in the future.

Katrina obviously doesn't know how to lose and pick herself up after. Jessie I think may go far later in life, but she's just too young and inexperienced. Tammy may be bright, but she was seriously lacking in social graces. Kristi and Ereka just didn't show anything special. Heidi is tough and scrappy and will do extremely well in sales but not CEO material. Omarosa is delusional and completely untrustworthy.

All imho of course.

I liked Tammy too. She seemed very intelligent and I was very impressed by hearing that she was in the top 3% nationally as a stock broker. But the thing that messed her up was when she exclaimed in the board room, "I think we were duped (by Troy)". Wow, you should never admit defeat, even if you have been defeated! Even I know that!

FORT Fogey
    I'm surprised this is even a debate... Amy was by far the best through the whole season so far...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast