+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Only 2 women left. Is sexism at work?

Speaking of sexism, it was one of the WOMEN (specifically, Omarosa) who thought a good team name would be "Donald's Darlings." YUK. :rolleyes
    Glad that idea was shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I think that, when there's a man against a woman, Trump is going to prefer a man and that a woman must be far superior to the man for Trump to fire the man.
    Yes, and it's a good thing that Amy is far superior to ANY guy there except possibly Troy on the alternate days of the week when he's being a genius instead of a guy digging around and trying to sell dirt. Against Nick? She wins. Kwame? She wins. Bill? She probably wins, unless Bill has some "game" he hasn't shown yet.

Trump is charmed by Troy though--not because he's a guy but more because Troy is charming.

So with three possible guys out of four, Amy likely WILL win, unless she's been storing up some huge screw up for the final weeks. And even with Troy, she might have a shot.

The big thing is to wait and see what Carolyn thinks of Amy. We know Amy had her darkest and most unpleasant moment of the show criticizing Carolyn for indicting her "prettiness". Other than that, we've seen very little communication either way between these two. And even Trump's contact has been limited, since he's never seen her in the boardroom. Will familiarity breed contempt (with Troy) or would Trump's LACK of familiarity with how Amy defends herself hurt her?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    The big thing is to wait and see what Carolyn thinks of Amy. We know Amy had her darkest and most unpleasant moment of the show criticizing Carolyn for indicting her "prettiness".
    I don't remember this....could you refresh me? (was it at the golf course when Carolyn admonished the women...?) Thanks.

Afterwards. She didn't say it to Carolyn's face, thus we've really got no idea if Caroyln found out about it. Of course, even if she didn't from the tapes at that point in time, she's since seen the episode air.

FORT Newbie
    If all you based your opinion on was the fact that since the merge only women have been fired, then mmaybe you could charge sexism. However if you look a little closer you realize that for the most part, the firings were based on merit not any form of sexual discrimination. Week five and six, only a woman could have been fired as all three people in the boardroom each time were women. Week seven you had 2 women (katrina and tammy) nad one man (bill). In this case the person fired was Tammy. Out of the three she was the one who most deserved to be fired. Bill certainly didn;t deserve to be fired that week. For what? getting a 10% increase on the rental price? Week eight there were two men and one woman. Here is probably the only case you could argue that sexism may have played a role. I don't believe it did as Ereka clearly was the weakest person in the boardroom. Bill did well during the competition and Nick, who you could argue should have been fired, was good at defending himself in the boardroom. Week Nine, two women, one man. Even if this was blatent sexism, I doubt anyone would argue that it was a bad thing to fire Omarosa. Week 10, Heidi or Troy. Again no contest. Maybe Heidi was better than Kwame on this task, but overall you cant argue that Heidi was better than Troy. in this case Trump no doubt was thinking long-term and chose the overall better candidate.
    So in conclusion, I don't believe there is any underlying sexism in the firings. Fact is, except for Kristi, I don't think any of these women would have stood a snowballs chance in hell of winning the whole thing.

FORT Newbie
    Well said Tyler. If the fact only women have been fired since the merge is the only basis for the theory, then I feel it's a little shortsighted. You have to look at each week's firings, and be able to specify where you think sexism is being applied. If in each case it was a woman who deserved to go, then where is the problem?

Obviously Trump is not going to fire a man simply because "X" amount of women have been fired in a row. That would be sexism...

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden6970
    Fact is, except for Kristi, I don't think any of these women would have stood a snowballs chance in hell of winning the whole thing.
    Kristi?! Are you sure you don't mean someone else?

She looked like a defeated mother in an 80s Lifetime drama in that boardroom (don't ask, that was just my impression), and she went crying into the arms of players on Versacorp after her loss. Not only that, the way she could not make any eye contact in the board room and lacked any kind of confidence whatsoever was absolutely despisable. Ugh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345