+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Only 2 women left. Is sexism at work?

And how many times have there been only women for The Donald to choose from to fire? That is a key element.

The the ladies as PM's only bring other ladies into the boardroom, they have no one to blame but themselves.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    And how many times have there been only women for The Donald to choose from to fire? That is a key element.

The the ladies as PM's only bring other ladies into the boardroom, they have no one to blame but themselves.

I think that every time someone has been fired, it's been the person that deserved to go. While I didn't think that Tammy or Omarosa did the worst job on the tasks they ended up being fired on, their performance to that point made each of them the right choice to go.

If all the women were like Amy, then I would think more women would be left.

Omarosa was abraisive, lazy and had poor communication and teamwork skills. If she was a man, she have been kicked off for the same reason. Tammy was a loose cannon and was almost always a liability to her team in some shape or form. Ereka shot herself in her own foot when she got too emotional and frazzled in front of Carolyn, let alone making a blatant personal decision about who to take to the boardroom with her. Jessie took abuse from Omarosa and made herself look like a doormat in front of Trump. I like Heidi alot, as I suspect Trump does too, but if I were forced to choose between Troy and Heidi, I'd spare Troy, who has had some stellar moments in this competition.

I just don't see any situation where a female contestant was given the boot when it was obvious that a male contestant deserved it instead. As John said, the women were very quick to bring other women in with them. If Carolyn doesn't like some of the women, I'm guessing it's from watching them exploit their sexuality on several occasions. Never a good way to win respect from another woman.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Miss Filangi, that was well said and I agree on each point.

Quote Originally Posted by John

See, that was MY point. I think there is enough discriminaiton in the world. While I respect Lalahland's psychology and sociology studies, sexism is nothing new and I just don't think we need to go looking for it. But no offense meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Ereka shot herself in her own foot when she got too emotional and frazzled in front of Carolyn,
    Yes, indeed. I heard Ereka say (in an interview last week) that she has NEVER cried at work. Well, I saw her in tears twice on the show from the pressure. Once in the Lemonade episode and then in the Trump Ice episode (when she was PM) Carolyn came to pick up the paperwork and Ereka was all frazzled (like Nick said) and said "I'm really upset, guys" and I saw her eyes well up and she stood up and started shaking.

Sometimes women are so busy competing with each other they forget men are playing the game.

Clarification to my post above (too late to edit)
    The interview where Ereka said she has never cried at work was something I saw online(not on TV). I forget exactly where, to be honest. She said when she worked in Europe some of her bosses and men she interacted with were real hardazzes, but sh enever cried. I guess she was referring to her jobs at Clinique or Estee' Lauder.

FORT Regular
    Haha... it's true. Women are more competitive with other women than they are with men. They see the flaws of another woman more than they see the same flaws from a man. I guess that explains why the woman keep bringing other woman to the boardroom.

I think earlier on, it was the womens' enthusiasm for doing the task to the best of their abilities that led to their victories. The "created" their successes by not settling for mediocre results, but always challenging themselves to do better. This I think reflects womens' nature, in general, to be "creative" creatures.

The men on the other hand did the minimal and accepted the results with out challenging themselves too much. They reminded me of typical corporate workers, standing around the water cooler, who don't take responsibility for the outcome of a company's success. They might have done better (and done more) if someone offered them a personal bonus because I think that this may be more in line with the nature of men.

Not intended to be "sexist", but there are some natural differences between men and women.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast