+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which candidate(s) REALLY want(ed) the Apprentice job?

Which candidate(s) REALLY want(ed) the Apprentice job?

This is a two-parter.

I think now that what we might be seeing is that the glamour and excitement has worn off. Trying to sell pedicab/ricksha tickets is a step down from riding around in a limo and even a step down from creating an exciting, sexy ad campaign for a luxury jet company.

1.) Which CURRENT candidate(s) really wants the Apprentice job?

I say Nick, Troy, Amy, and possibly Kwame (although I feel that Kwame knows he can't handle it.)

2.) Which REJECTED candidate(s) really wanted the Apprentice job?

I say Sam, Jason, Jessie, Ereka, and Omarosa.

Some things to keep in mind: BILL and also KATRINA are already very wealthy on their own. Bill had a cigar company (sold it a few years ago) and Katrina has made a fortune in Florida real estate. As far as the others, Amy lost a fortune in the dot.com market, Jessie is very successful in business, Kristi owns several properties and is partner in a successful restaurant, Kwame has been very successful at Goldman Sachs investments, Heidi is a Senior Account Exec at Qwest Communications, and Omarosa WAS a Scheduler-Receptionist (not a political consultant) at the White House until 3 years ago. So yes, based on her exit and the fact she has no job I would say she wanted it. I also think Ereka wanted it - badly - since she is also unemployed. But I don't think either of them could have handled the actual JOB (work, pressure, responsibility etc.) - they wanted the salary, prestige/ego, "the high life" and I don't think they would have lasted very long IF they had been chosen.

Thoughts? Comments?
    Last edited by justvisiting; 03-13-2004 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justvisiting
    This is a two-parter.

I think now that what we might be seeing is that the glamour and excitement has worn off. Trying to sell pedicab/ricksha tickets is a step down from riding around in a limo and even a step down from creating an exciting, sexy ad campaign for a luxury jet company.

1.) Which CURRENT candidate(s) really wants the Apprentice job?

I say Nick, Troy, Amy, and possibly Kwame (although I feel that Kwame knows he can't handle it.)

2.) Which REJECTED candidate(s) really wanted the Apprentice job?

I say Sam, Jason, Jessie, Ereka, and Omarosa.

Some things to keep in mind: BILL and also KATRINA are already very wealthy on their own. Bill had a cigar company (sold it a few years ago) and Katrina has made a fortune in Florida real estate. As far as the others, Amy lost a fortune in the dot.com market, Jessie is very successful in business, Kristi owns several properties and is partner in a successful restaurant, Kwame has been very successful at Goldman Sachs investments, Heidi is a Senior Account Exec at Qwest Communications, and Omarosa WAS a Scheduler-Receptionist (not a political consultant) at the White House until 3 years ago. So yes, based on her exit and the fact she has no job I would say she wanted it. I also think Ereka wanted it - badly - since she is also unemployed. But I don't think either of them could have handled the actual JOB (work, pressure, responsibility etc.) - they wanted the salary, prestige/ego, "the high life" and I don't think they would have lasted very long IF they had been chosen.

Thoughts? Comments?
    Aye, I just typed a whole long post for this, and then I lost it... Let's see if I can remember the whole thing...

Current contestants:
    From what I've seen, Troy and Nick really want the job...Troy wants it for the salary and the job, and the opportunity to work with Trump. Nick wants it for the salary, the glamour and glitz, the ego, and also the opportunity to work with Trump.

As for Amy, if she really, really wanted the job, she would stand up more often to be the actual leader. Yeah, I know, Amy has made great contributions to whatever team she has been on, but Amy has only been PM once. Troy has been PM 3 times. Nick twice.

As for the fired contestants, I'd have to say Sam and Omarosa (even though she would have never been able to handle the actual job)...Sam, well, it's pretty obvious, e.g. the handshake from DT on week 3's episode.

TroyDaMan

Quote Originally Posted by TroyDaMan
    Aye, I just typed a whole long post for this, and then I lost it... Let's see if I can remember the whole thing...
    Don't ya just hate when that happens?

Good assessment. I meant to also say that I think "O" and Sam were perhaps the LEAST qualified of the bunch to handle the actual JOB. I like your word glitz because I think that's the word I was looking for when I said Ereka and "O" were in it for other reasons than the actual responsibilities of the job. Sam would be too busy bsking in the glow of Trump saying "Hi" to him in the hallway or whatever. "O" would be a great delegator (give work to others) but Trump would quickly put the skids on her laziness, manipulations, and disruptive personality and can her.

Whoever gets that job is gonna have to produce positive results and never offer excuses.

I'll be honest with ya. *I* would not really want it - maybe I could have handled it in my 20s/early 30s, but not now. I confess to seeking a low-stress life. Hell, whoever gets it is gonna work their buns off. It might result in a permanent, even bigger bucks position, but the pressure would be too much for me personally. And I would not want to live in NYC.

I would think that a single person would be best for the job. When would they ever have time for a family? Seems like a 24/7 deal to me.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyDaMan

Current contestants:
    From what I've seen, Troy and Nick really want the job...Troy wants it for the salary and the job, and the opportunity to work with Trump. Nick wants it for the salary, the glamour and glitz, the ego, and also the opportunity to work with Trump.

As for Amy, if she really, really wanted the job, she would stand up more often to be the actual leader. Yeah, I know, Amy has made great contributions to whatever team she has been on, but Amy has only been PM once. Troy has been PM 3 times. Nick twice.

As for the fired contestants, I'd have to say Sam and Omarosa (even though she would have never been able to handle the actual job)...Sam, well, it's pretty obvious, e.g. the handshake from DT on week 3's episode.

TroyDaMan

The only thing I can say is that definitely one person there who doesn't want the job is Katrina..She is always pouting walking around with her arms crossed and never contributing to any projects other than her criticisms...if she knows she can't win or isn't interested in playing she should leave she brings negativity to the team..and leaving would actually be her biggest accomplishment...

+ Reply to Thread