+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posing for Playboy

***Spoiler Alert***

Interesting...I read on Netscape "what's new" that 4 Apprentice rejects have refused to pose for Playboy: Ereka, Kristi, Amy, and Katrina .

Of course, I read it, exited, and now I can't find it :rolleyes but I will try to find it again and post it properly.

ETA: I'm losing my mind trying to find this news blurb...it was a Netscape pop-up. If anyone more computer-savvy than me wants to find & post the original news story, please do!
    Last edited by AJane; 03-11-2004 at 05:46 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

LOL! does this mean Omarosa, Tammy, Jessie and maybe Heidi agreed??? :
    (just kidding!)

If you go to www.netscape.com in the top right hand corner there is a little pop up that says "what's new at netscape. Then you will see "who said no!" click on it and you will get story. I tried to post it but could not.

FORT Newbie
    From the NY Post:
    "GIVEN THE AX BY TRUMP, THEY STRIP "

March 11, 2004 -- SOME of the women on "The Apprentice" have bods built for sin - but they may not have the heads for business. According to cast-off Ereka Vetrini, she and co-stars Amy, Krista and Katrina were approached by Playboy and offered $250,000 each to pose nude - the amount they would have made after a year of working for Donald Trump. But instead of taking Playboy's money to pose in a tasteful nude layout, the fetching foursome decided to do a scantily clad shoot for lad mag FHM - for free. "[Posing for Playboy] is unprofessional," Vetrini, 27, told The Post's Farrah Weinstein. "It wasn't something I ever wanted to do beforehand, so with the money, I just thought I was selling myself out." As for FHM: "It's the four of us, no nudity. It was a lot of fun. They had an all-female staff, so they were really good about making us feel comfortable. . . . We started out being like, 'Oh, we're going to be clothed, right?' And then, by the end of the shoot, we were taking it off!" Still, some male fans don't applaud their posing for free and would probably tell them: "You're fired!" Meanwhile, at least one male contestant has a future if he gets the ax. Curt Johnson, producer of the upcoming movie "West Memphis Three," was so impressed with Troy's steadfast performance and business acumen, he's offered the Idaho mortgage lender a job. Johnson e-mailed Troy: "Street sense and going with your gut is how I've been able to make it in business too, and I'll take anyone with that over a load of MBA's any day. If Donald surprisingly passes on you, I would be very interested in speaking with you as I am going to be purchasing a company to work in with my existing production company."

Pretty sad that reality show women refusing to pose for Playboy is newsworthy...

I wonder how much of a spoiler this is? I mean, the photo shoot would've had to take place at least a month or two ago and if these were "rejects", then that would've been a leak. From reading the article, it just appears that they are posing...a few months after the show has wrapped. Although, I would imagine that if Amy was in the running for the spot, then she wouldn't have posed. Oh no, now I'm confused.

ETA: Ok, I just read the Netscape article and it does say "rejects". Opps...I shoulda read first. I wonder if this means that Amy hits the road tonight? Doesn't the FHM issue come out soon?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

They are offered $250,000 to pose nude for Playboy, and turn it down to pose "scantily" for free for FHM?!!....If the Netscape article is true, no wonder they are "rejects".....In this day and age, what's so big about showing a nipple or two?

FORT Newbie
    The title is misleading. Read the article:
    According to cast-off Ereka Vetrini, she and co-stars
    They only list one cast off, the rest are "co-stars".

But, read a bit closer...
    "According to cast-off Ereka Vetrini, she and co-stars Amy, Krista and Katrina were approached by Playboy and offered $250,000 each to pose nude - the amount they would have made after a year of working for Donald Trump."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyDaMan
    But, read a bit closer...
    "According to cast-off Ereka Vetrini, she and co-stars Amy, Krista and Katrina were approached by Playboy and offered $250,000 each to pose nude - the amount they would have made after a year of working for Donald Trump."

TroyDaMan!

I noticed the exact same thing when I read it earlier. Odd that it would come out in the media so long before the finale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast