+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posing for Playboy

FORT Regular

That's okay

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    According to today's New York Post (on-line, entertainment section) Nick is back at work selling copiers.
    He's working during the break. He's still has to pay the bills. I know Troy is running between Boise and Spokane promoting the show, doing speeches and running his businesses. My guess Bill is working in his cigar shop. The girls apparently took the quick $$ route instead to pay their bills between the filming and the finale.

I don't think it's a leak. I think it's more simple journalistic style. They are explaining that the rational behind Playboy's offer of $250,000, nothing more.

Interesting conclusions about Katrina and Amy, though.
    Anyone who believes in conspiracy theories has obviously never tried to arrange anything with more than five people.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmac
    If you go to www.netscape.com in the top right hand corner there is a little pop up that says "what's new at netscape. Then you will see "who said no!" click on it and you will get story. I tried to post it but could not.
    I just came into this thread for the first time and was reading without noticing that this was old news so the "Who said no?" story (about posing/not posing for Playboy) wouldn't be there anymore.

Instead, there was a story that said, "Osama caught on CIA video," but I thought it said Omarosa!

Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    Instead, there was a story that said, "Osama caught on CIA video," but I thought it said Omarosa!
    Great headline! Mis-read headlines are so much better than the originals.

That is too funny!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I think the next Apprentice will be filmed overseas.....the New York press has no qualms about doing where are they now articles about reality contestants before the show is over....Mark Burnett must be fuming......(and that alone makes me kinda happy....he is way too manipulative of the media and the people who sign up for his show...) I am a new fan of another aussie...Rupert Murdoch....for the aggressiveness of the New York tabloids...

Anybody remember Darva?

My guess as to why so many reality-show contestants are 'unemployed' or 'between jobs' is, how many employers in the world would give an employee 3 or 4 months of paid leave with a wink and a smile and send them off saying 'Have a great time--your job will be right here when you get back?'

Precious few. Unless you're in a seasonal industry, like Troy, or self-employed like Bill, most workplaces would at most give 2 or 3 weeks of the employee's own vacation time. Therefore, appearing on a reality show that takes weeks or months to tape is a calculated gamble--the person, who is in most cases aspiring to show business anyway--is banking on the fact that they will be the ultimate winner, or at least get enough face time to make tossing his/her job over worthwhile.

That's why Ereka is living in her mom's basement. (Omarosa said that someplace, which of course makes it unreliable)--but all sources are agreed that she's looking for a job. Witness the gal who started this whole ball of reality-TV wax rolling--Darva Conger, the 2-second multimillionaire bride. She threw away a career as a respected medical professional all because she couldn't resist the idea of being on TV. The $2 million she got from Playboy is a nice little investment nest-egg, but 'One-time Playboy Model' isn't much to put on a resume.

Amazing that while 'tasteful' nudie pics in Playboy are still deemed too racy for anyone but whores to pose in, not-so-tasteful & only marginally more dressed pictures in FFH or Maxim are deemed acceptable. Janet Jackson's little incident at the Super Bowl, and now this, prove that even in our over-sexed society, full-frontal boobage is still taboo.

In today's economy, $250,000 isn't a whole lot of money. Once upon a time, you could live for life in style on that, and now it doesn't even cover the shoe budget for one season of 'Sex & the City'. The girls are smart to decline; in fact, that amount is an insult. But for $2 mill, say . . .even I'd be saying 'Where do I sign?!' Maybe the freebie shoot for FFM was more of a camaradie fun thing, and not as scary as going solo in the altogether in Playboy.

FORT Fanatic
    Has anyone heard this spoiler, another addition to the rumor mill for you:

It was reported on ctv's eTalk Daily tonight (entertainment gossip show) that Katrina was out at a Florida bar this weekend and was being hounded by fans as to who the last person standing was. In the early hours of the morning and inebriated by that point, she apparently let it slip that Kwame wins!!

Way too surprising for me, so I doubt it's true. That would also mean that she was in the final two if she really was in the know and I find that hard to believe as well.
    Kwame and Katrina should be the next two in line for firing.
    Kwame is the lamest one left IMO, having only lasted this far because of his Survivor-like alliance with Troy.

Regardless of who said "no" to posing nude for Playboy magazine, all contestants of the first season of The Apprentice have agreed that any additional 15 minutes of fame after the series ends is in every contestant's best interest for negotiating some very lucrative income in the present and possibly setting themselves up for the best job offers of a lifetime.

Playboy

Hey everybody,

I thought of an interesting question today... Will any of the Apprentice girls appear in Playboy this year?

Some women who become "famous" for being on a reality show end up doing something like Playboy. Do we remember Darva Conger from "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?

All of the women on the Apprentice are successful in the business world, so they might not want to destroy that. But, since they have a litte bit of "star power" now... maybe a career change is in the works. After a reality show, you must do everything you can in that 15 minutes of fame.

In the past months, I've become accustomed to seeing the women on the Apprentice... I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them as time goes by.

Michael Scrip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast