+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can an Interviewee be FIRED?

FORT Newbie

How can an Interviewee be FIRED?

Can some one explain this to me? How can you fire someone who you didn't even hire in the first place! I know most of you will say "Oh.. to dramatize it on TV". But still...

Well, you know, if you think about it, he did hire them. I'm sure they're all receiving some sort of compensation... if nothing else but room & board. It's way more than a casual interview. It's a temp-job to get a full-time job.

polypod, how dramatic would it be if he said "your interview is over?" The whole thing is pretty far out, but whatever we have to do to get rid Nick and Troy, I'm for. Fire, dismiss, I don't care. Hey poly, WELCOME. Think of becoming a member. You'll like it.You too realornot. Hi.

They might be under a different category. They living quarters are provided by trump and he gives them projects. Usually, an interviewee goes for one or three interviews.
    Either way, fire is just another way to say dismissed so, they were dismissed.

FORT Newbie

Agree with dramatization

I don't agree that either the candidates fall into another category (and not interviewees) or they are temp-employees. Room and board is given to any out of town interviewee when the company can afford it. I think the compensation they recieve might be from NBC and not from TRUMP (Guessing, since Mr. Trump is an executive producer. May be someone else can clear this up). Assuming that they are not recieving any compensation from TRUMP, they all are like any other interview candidates. I agree that they are FIRING them to dramatize. But I think that is a flaw in the concept there. Dont you agree?

Just wanted to discuss this with fellow apprentice audience. I didnt watch yesterday's episode and wanted to know what happened, and I stumbled upon this form. Thanks for the welcome.

Polypod. For more info. check out the spoilers. For a recap, wait for the Episode 9 recap from Wayner. It's not out yet. Enjoy!

good point...or is it?
    first off....what kind of interview that you know of has a person living there for weeks and working for the company?? they arent interviewees...they are employees of some sort. now during this temporary employ they are "interviewing" for the job of CEO of one of Trump's companies.

i'm pretty sure reality tv is best suited for those who aren't cynics

You may be right guru, but what fun would it be if we couldn't come here and tear them apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    You may be right guru, but what fun would it be if we couldn't come here and tear them apart?
    oh, i agree...but i mean...how about we tear them apart for good reasons? being cynical is just plain boring and no fun

Quote Originally Posted by polypod
    Can some one explain this to me? How can you fire someone who you didn't even hire in the first place! I know most of you will say "Oh.. to dramatize it on TV". But still...
    It's an expression, and a valid one. They are more like probationary TEMPORARY employees.

I could put the question to you: "How can someone have a 16 week job interview"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast