+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Little Suitcases

  1. #1
    FORT Newbie tallgrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    36

    Little Suitcases

    Hi all...long time lurker....first time poster.....Any thoughts on if the show is providing a wardrobe for the contestants? My friend and I were laughing at the size of the suitcases, compared to the amount of clothes we've seen on the show so far....Their luggage seems better suited to a weekend away!! It doesn't seem possible that they could pack that many clothes into such a small space...and still have room for personal items, etc. (i.e. Heidi's giant deodorant/hair spray!) As a woman, I don't see how this would be possible without them providing a wardrobe....Either that, or they are all master packers...a la George Jetson and his incredible shrinking briefcase, maybe?

  2. #2
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    144
    My guess is that they were required to bring at least 1 small bag with them for the sole purpose of leaving ina dramatic fashion. My guess is the others are packed and sent down when they are leaving.

    As messy as the womens rooms are, there is no way that is their only luggage.

  3. #3
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    We had that discussion in our living room, too. None of the guys seem to have a garment bag for their suits, for example.

    And I'll just say this and get it out of the way...those eensy weensy rolling bags aren't very macho, and the guys don't look very manly as they roll their way to the elevators. IMO. *ducks*
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  4. #4
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,353
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    We had that discussion in our living room, too. None of the guys seem to have a garment bag for their suits, for example.
    My hubby's snark - "Those women would need a suitcase that size just for their makeup". :rolleyes
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  5. #5
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,827
    Quote Originally Posted by tallgrl
    Hi all...long time lurker....first time poster.....Any thoughts on if the show is providing a wardrobe for the contestants? My friend and I were laughing at the size of the suitcases, compared to the amount of clothes we've seen on the show so far....Their luggage seems better suited to a weekend away!! It doesn't seem possible that they could pack that many clothes into such a small space...and still have room for personal items, etc. (i.e. Heidi's giant deodorant/hair spray!) As a woman, I don't see how this would be possible without them providing a wardrobe....Either that, or they are all master packers...a la George Jetson and his incredible shrinking briefcase, maybe?


    to the Fort tallgrl!!! Funny observation! They HAVE to have other bags sent down, with the lil teeny rollerbags for dramatics.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  6. #6
    FORT Regular JiffyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    95
    I was also thinking the suitcases were too little!

  7. #7
    FORT Regular Thrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Nation's Capital
    Age
    32
    Posts
    56
    I think it could explain the noted "hair-time" delay on Jessie. Did she return to her room to collect her bags? Was there a time between being fired and getting into the "confessional" where her actual bags were brought to her?

    I think it's stylistic.
    Anyone who believes in conspiracy theories has obviously never tried to arrange anything with more than five people.

  8. #8
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149
    I'm also wondering how 16 people go from in bed to meeting Trump at a skating rink a mile away in just 45 minutes. There must be 16 showers and a host of valets, makeup and hair people on hand.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  9. #9
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    I'm also wondering how 16 people go from in bed to meeting Trump at a skating rink a mile away in just 45 minutes. There must be 16 showers and a host of valets, makeup and hair people on hand.


    I've been saying the same thing to my husband! Don't they know they're going to be called at 6:30 to be given the meeting location? I'd be up and in the shower already. Can you see them standing in line with their bucket of shower supplies?

    I don't think they go back for their stuff because at the beginning of every week they show the 2 people sent back from the boardroom walking in and everyone cheering or shocked.

    I for one know that I couldn't go on vacation for a week with a suitcase that size, let alone months at a time.

    What I want to know is what they do on their days off?

  10. #10
    BIG SAM FAN layoffsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady
    What I want to know is what they do on their days off?
    They really don't get days off - the show was taped in 6 weeks I belive -(all except the last 2) which would mean that the schedule was compressed...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.