+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little Suitcases

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady
    I've been saying the same thing to my husband! Don't they know they're going to be called at 6:30 to be given the meeting location? I'd be up and in the shower already. Can you see them standing in line with their bucket of shower supplies?

I don't think they go back for their stuff because at the beginning of every week they show the 2 people sent back from the boardroom walking in and everyone cheering or shocked.

I for one know that I couldn't go on vacation for a week with a suitcase that size, let alone months at a time.

What I want to know is what they do on their days off?

The fired candidates could still go back for their stuff since they always wait in the lobby for the "next" elevator to the "street". So then the non-fired candidates will be able to arrive first back at the suite. As for wardrobe, I wish I knew because I bet that many more people would have auditioned if they knew they could get a wardrobe for the show. How many people do you think there are that could do the show better but don't have a couple thousand to drop on business attire? I know I'm one of them. Perhaps they are given a stipend before the show to acquire some appropriate clothing.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhpper
    The fired candidates could still go back for their stuff since they always wait in the lobby for the "next" elevator to the "street". So then the non-fired candidates will be able to arrive first back at the suite. As for wardrobe, I wish I knew because I bet that many more people would have auditioned if they knew they could get a wardrobe for the show. How many people do you think there are that could do the show better but don't have a couple thousand to drop on business attire? I know I'm one of them. Perhaps they are given a stipend before the show to acquire some appropriate clothing.

I think the majority of their personal belongings are shipped. With airline luggage regulations, there is no way they could get 6 weeks worth of business attire in even 2 suitcases.

If you watch the end of the Real World, they are always packing boxes of stuff, but when they leave, they only have one bag. That is because MTV pays for shipping the houseguests' personal belongings where they want them.

My friend plays basketball with the WNBA, and the league has similar arrangements for its players. At the end of the season, the team pays UPS to ship stuff home while the girls take only what they need on the plane with them. It saves time and the hassle of bag checking.

This is how I think all reality shows handle the belongings issue. I really don't think the contestants go back unless they do so when the group is out. The fired contestants may say things that could influence the game. I don't think they'd give them that opportunity. I'd say that either the contestants help pack the stuff or else a staff member comes in and does it.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I had heard that the taping of their walk to the cab & pull away from the curb was done in one shot - all 16 at once due to the cost of procuring a NY city street for those shots.

Jay
    It doesn't make for dramatic television if the bootee has to struggle with 3 or 4 suitcases.

Quote Originally Posted by djgirl5235
    I had heard that the taping of their walk to the cab & pull away from the curb was done in one shot - all 16 at once due to the cost of procuring a NY city street for those shots.
    That's probably the answer with Jessie's hair right there. It makes a strange kind of sense.

There's some weird little logistical problems with this show. The one I like is immediately after firing someone, everyone just sits and pouts and Trump has to tell them to get out. In other reality shows, they make sure to wisk them away on the spot. But in this show, they want Trump to sit and ruminate with his colleagues.

They should have had him fire someone, stand up, and walk into a private room with his buddies where they could dissect the loser over whiskey.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Jay
    I have an idea for Apprentice 2. When The Donald says "you're fired", he presses a button on the table and a trap door under the loser opens up.

Little Suticases - maybe for another show

I can see those suitcases working for "The Littlest Groom" much better than for the apprentice. I mean - even just packing those ego's must take an entire truck

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    I have an idea for Apprentice 2. When The Donald says "you're fired", he presses a button on the table and a trap door under the loser opens up.
    how awful!!! i would def like to see Omarosa go down one of those though lol

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    Yes!!! The Mr. Burns solution!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast