+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: George and Caroline Info?

Maveno, Donald told us that George was off doing some 'very important' business for him and another of his flunkies .. umm sorry attorneys would sit in this week. Last name Diamond? Do ya think that was his given name? LOL

I guess if we really wanted to know what George was up to we'd have to check for hot negotiations and the close of a business deal in late September/early October??shrug
    I can't wait to see what he has to say about the newly 'shuffled' teams next week
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thanks Duxxy!!

Ahhh....he's a lawyer! That explains his dry "act". George was more vocal and criticizing of the apprentices.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

George is a lawyer, too.

HA! Well...I like George better!

Me too, he's a little bit more weathered and less tolerant but he has a sense of humour.
    The Diamond guy looked like a mafioso mouthpiece (well how tv and movies portray them anyway)

I like Caroline, she looks like she might be a little hard to please but I'd work for her
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Does anyone think maybe there is more than one shift? Maybe Robin is the evening receptionist.

NO!!!! Robin clocks IN at 9 a.m and clocks OUT at 9 p.m!

I do think George and Carolyn are the more interesting henchpersons for The Donald.

They cut right to the chase. Their business and financial observations are sharp
    and to the point. They have a sense of humor, but humor takes a back seat to
    getting the job done. (I can hear those wheels spinning even when neither one speaks:
    "Time is Money.")
    carriemor

"With all the companies that Trump has, I find it a bit strange that the highest-ranking female executive he could find to put on the show is someone who runs a golf course--even if it is the prestigious :right Trump International Golf Course."
    You raise an interesting point Miss Griss.

Perhaps The Donald selected Carolyn and George because the nature of their work made them keenly aware of which apprentice would best fit his needs.
    Also: George teaches college classes in his "free"time; Carolyn's role as a country club professional means she has lots of skill dealing with people from all walks of life. They might have been the most experienced and most qualified when it came to appearing on a TV show. They entertain without drawing attention away from The Donald and his Apprentices.
    carriemor
    Last edited by carriemor; 02-16-2004 at 09:34 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Please don't make the mistake of under valuing what it takes to be the GM of a golf club, especially Trumps. I was the owner and GM of a similar athletic club, and I promise you, there is far more there than what meets the eye. You're dealing with everything from facility maintenance, advertising, all aspects of dealing with employees, legal and financial admin, keeping members happy, special events, food service, tournaments, big egos, golf pros, and on and on and on. It's almost a 24/7 job, and I respect her for doing it...especially in a traditionally "mans role". Just running a restaurant is a full time job, and that's only a tiny piece of her job...she has to sell memberships, deal with difficult people, and maintain a large staff and facility. More power to her. People think it's a cushy, easy job, and I promise, it is anything but.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast