+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 2 ad campaigns

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

The 2 ad campaigns

The women's campaign was sexist and unprofessional. It looked more like it was put together by a bunch of frat boys, not a group of successful female entrepreneurs. Here's a note to Tammy -- you CAN be edgy without being vulgar. The campaign was just absolutely tacky.

The men's print work was great. I loved the one that was never showed with the emphasis on all the delayed flights. To me, that would be the #1 reason to go with a private jet -- the plane leaves on your schedule, not vice versa. Unfortunately, the editing of ths show didn't afford us the chance to see anything except a glimpse of it when the 2 groups came in.

As far as presentation goes, the women looked like a team -- all in the flight attendants uniforms looking basically the same and more importantly CONFIDENT in what they were selling. Omarosa didn't like the campaign, but still, she backed it up as "Damn good." They exuded comfidence, which I think was part of the deal breaker.

In contrast, the men reminded me of a bunch of college kids doing a presentation for class. They were not confident and it showed. Of course, the men's #1 faux pas was not meeting with the client, which I believe ultimately costed them.

I think elements of the two campaigns could be brought together to make one good campaign. The men's print work was more classy and professional, while the women's presentation was superior.

I just hope next week's task doesn't afford the women the opportunity to fall back on the sex sells mentality. Sex doesn't sell in the board room. It might in direct sales and advertising, but corporate America is a boys club, and they need to learn how to survive sans sex. If they don't, how will they function when they're pregnant or when they're more mature and things start going south.

Neither team has proven much to me so far, and I honestly don't think either team has proven a lot to Donald. It is like we're all waiting for that breakout guy or girl. Hopefully, we'll see it before May. At this point, I don't see anyone totally deserving of a quarter of a million dollar salary and the opportunity to learn from the master.

I think women's campaign was better, it showed that they are creative and think outside the typical box. Yes, it was overboard sexist, but like the CEO of Marquis Jet said, they are buying the people, not the campaign itself, and he saw more potential in women. The guys, well, it was one of those campaigns that you see everyday, nothing to remember. When you are reading through Wall Street Journal, and you see one of those guys add's, you don't even stop to read the company name. But when you see one of those women add's you stop and read who the heck made this. Then, one day when you need this kind of service, from some hidden compartment in your brain pops up this name "Marquis Jet". That's what it is about and I think that is the reason why women's campaign was better than mens. Men's was just forgettable.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I agree. No real company would use a Phallic symbol to represent them.

I thought the women's advertising portfolio was more effective at getting attention than the men's, but the men seemed more on point about showing what the jet card really entails.

But the men's video was cheesy. The red carpet welcoming a potential jet card user was pathetic, it didnt even stretch 10 feet. The entire video felt contrived and forced, kinda reminded me of the 80's. As soon as I saw that thumbs up from the pilot, I looked at my wife and said meekly stated "looks like the women win again." Soon after, she scoffed at the inferiority of men, insisting that this one episode of The Apprentice has finally proven what half the population already knows: Women are better at doing things than men.

Sammy, you gotta win for the men next week, not sure how much more trash talkin I can take from the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by VectorWega
    I agree. No real company would use a Phallic symbol to represent them.
    Vector Wega, STOP IT! I'm at work and you almost made me LOL!!!

They might have won because of the strong and sexy phallic symbol. However, I think it was the on the edge idea and presentation that really won it for them. Having a positive worker and client relationship and showing the client that you care to find out about their company and what they want were also factors.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Vector Wega, STOP IT! I'm at work and you almost made me LOL!!!

They might have won because of the strong and sexy phallic symbol. However, I think it was the on the edge idea and presentation that really won it for them. Having a positive worker and client relationship and showing the client that you care to find out about their company and what they want were also factors.
    I DON'T think they won because of the ad. The client didn't like it at all. You could tell by his body language and some of the things he said. He also was obviously sexist because he commented on Heidi's little talbe dance (so to speak). A real professional wouldn't have made that comment because it could incur sexual harrassment in the workplace.

The guy would never have gone with that ad. He just went with the people he thought could get him the ad he was definitely looking for.

All in all, I think he chose the lesser of two evils.

I think they won based on a far better presentation, and by better following Deutsch's rules, which emphasized thinking out of the box, and creativity.

Interesting to note that if you go to marquisjet.com, you will find that the Guy's ad campaign was quite close to their corporate style.

I agree that the kiss of death was not meeting with the client. That was a massive error in judgement.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    I DON'T think they won because of the ad. The client didn't like it at all. You could tell by his body language and some of the things he said. He also was obviously sexist because he commented on Heidi's little talbe dance (so to speak). A real professional wouldn't have made that comment because it could incur sexual harrassment in the workplace.

The guy would never have gone with that ad. He just went with the people he thought could get him the ad he was definitely looking for.

All in all, I think he chose the lesser of two evils.
    I took the Heidi incident differently. It looked to me like was complimenting her lean on the table style, which is a powerful business stance. She then decided to go with lay on the table slut look. To me, his body language changed, and I honestly thought that almost cost them.

If it were me, I would have changed my vote. it went from a "clever idea" to "this is all these women can come up with", and i am leaning toward the later right now, as they used similar tactics in the lemonade contest.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill_in_PDX, I agree with you. That company's leaders presented himself and the co. as looking for a "balls to the walls" type of presentation. Maybe they were just taken literally?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I loved the phallic symbol photos. I personally thought it was ingenius.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast