+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: Show discussion thread 01/15 **SPOILERS**

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    So, what could Jason have gained from meeting with someone who wasn't going to have any say in the final product???
    Because the ad guys had talked to the president of the Jet Company and they knew the Jet Company wanted something flashy. They specifically said that when they were judging the 2 ad campaigns. The men's was based on solid tried and true marketing, the women's was risky and flashy. The women delivered what the Jet Company wanted, the men didn't. Had the men met with the Jet Company President, they would have know that.

Well said Subliminal One, I completely agree with your observations.

FORT Fogey
    I'd just like to say that the women did NOT give the jet people what they wanted, but the mean REALLY didn't. I was watching Jason being interviewed on the Today Show, and the Deutsch advertising rep guy said that the women's ad was pretty awful as well. I realize that he wasn't the judge, but I think he kept in pretty close contact with the company and knew better than the contestants did, exactly what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I'd just like to say that the women did NOT give the jet people what they wanted, but the mean REALLY didn't. I was watching Jason being interviewed on the Today Show, and the Deutsch advertising rep guy said that the women's ad was pretty awful as well. I realize that he wasn't the judge, but I think he kept in pretty close contact with the company and knew better than the contestants did, exactly what they wanted.
    Ok, I should have phrased that better, you are right. The women's ad may not have been the idea the Jet people wanted, but it was risky and flashy. As the Ad guy said, they look for people, not just the ads. So while the women's campaign may be something we hate, it was flashy and risky. Had they been risky and flashy with a better idea, they could have wowed everyone.

FORT Fogey
    agreed

let's face it, the participants arent in the market for an advertizing job. The reward here is the Presidency of a company. The Prez doesn't usually come up with his/her own marketing campaign, they go to the pros for that. The Donald just wanted to see what the kids had in them. They showed him and the best team won.

My personal preference was for the men's presentation...but as it has been stated ad nauseum... safe and expected wasn't what the company was looking for.
    I loved the show and I totally agree with The Donald's decisions. (like I have any experience to qualify that remark )
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    A lot of what I thought has been said, but I still felt a need to put in my two cents...

Here's what I think about Omarosa--it's not the black thing, it's the feeling left out thing. As some of you just mentioned, the women seem to be a group of interchangeable young blondes. Omarosa is clearly more educated, more mature, and more experienced. She just doesn't fit in with the "in-group." So it's easiest to just fall back on the race card as a way to explain feeling left out. Or when you're when really tired, fed up with people and ideas you consider ridiculous, you tend to look for ways to distance yourself from them. Again, race is an easy out. I really like Omorosa; to be honest, she appears the most professional of any of the women. She's down to earth and all about solutions. However, she does tend to distance herself from others.

"Interchangeable blondes"? And THAT'S not stereotyping???? They're "interchangeable blondes" and Omorosa stands out because she's not an "interchangeable blonde"????!!! Puh-leeeeeze!! She stands out because she chooses to stand out,she doesn't have to like tham,but she DOES have to try to get along,because even though they ALL want to win,they won't do without working together,and if one person decides she's "above" the rest,they're not going to feel very disposed to help HER look good, since she didn't care about them ALL looking good. "Interchangeable blondes" indeed! {SMH}

yeah i have to agree with voila, omarosa is distancing herself too much. and the only person she has to blame for that is herself. i mean i can understand how she would feel different from the rest of the group, but you adjust. i don't thinks she's even given the other ladies a chance. she just critizies everything that they do. how is she gonna get along with others working for trump if she can't even get along with 7 other women. i sense power trip with this woman. she is obviously someone who thinks everyone has to listen to her and abide by her, example, what happened in the limo. i don't know i just think you have to give others a chance, maybe she's done that, after all its all about editing in reality tv. but when i was in college, i was/still am friends with people who are much different than i am. i have dark hair, dark eyes, tan skin, was a band geek and i used to pal around with blonde cheerleader types. and some of my friends would look at pictures and be like "oh those girls look so snobby" and i used to say you couldn't be more wrong. i mean i was hestitant at first, but when i got to know them, i really liked them, and they liked me. they were always knocking on my door asking if i wanted to go get something to eat/go to the bars with them. so that's why i think surely omarosa can get along with some of the ladies, of course she is not gonna get along with ereka, but she could at least try to be peaceful, cause it puts all the other ladies in an uncomfotable position when those two are fighting all the time and calling each other names, same goes for ereka too.

And I understand that everyone wants to catch The Donald's eye and stand out in that way-but STRATEGY,STRATEGY! She can dislike Erika for being another loud mouth bitch(and being aggressive/obnoxious does NOT equate being strong,where did this come from???) But while they're still having to win the tasks to keep ANYone from being booted,(and if you get everyone against you by presuming from the get-go that they are, and then treating them that way,in this case because of a trumped-up{sorry Donald! hehe}"racial" accusation),the more you're likely to be HIGH on the list of those the rest will want to boot-all while ensuring through your OWN uncooperativeness that your team doesn't win, raising the chance of going to the boardroom! That shows REAL business savvy, right!(sarcasm).

FORT Fan
    I like Omarosa. She's a bitch, but that doesn't bother me.

Re-watching my tape of the initial introductions of the characters, I saw Tammy and how she said she didn't care about the other ones - the only person she had to impress was Donald Trump.

That's true for all of them.

I think Omarosa and Sam will still be standing in the last 5 candidates - they are lightening rods and good entertainment. And that means ratings. Trump and Burnett are not fools.

+ Reply to Thread