+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kissing's a 'bit out there'

Kissing's a 'bit out there'

Kissing's a 'bit out there'

By Del Jones, USA TODAY

Do women use sex appeal in the real world of business?

"Absolutely. Always have, and they always will," says billionaire Donald Trump, star and co-producer of The Apprentice.

Is touching, hugging and kissing customers going too far?

"It's a little bit out there," but it worked, Trump said.

Several of those on USA TODAY's panel of experts said that sex appeal may work in a one-day test, but would not have held up had the teams sold lemonade for an extended period. The men, if they were the brighter team, would have figured out a way to level the playing field.

But in an interview Thursday, Trump said the men never stood a chance in the lemonade test and doubted if they could have overcome the disadvantage with time. Hiring attractive women to sell for them might have been against the program rules, Trump said.

More than one expert suggested that Trump overtly favors the women, making it questionable that a man can win the $250,000 job. Trump says he has respect for women and "perhaps, that shined through." But ultimately, the winner will have brainpower, he said.

Trump agreed with an expert who said that women had better expand their arsenal because one day they will be 40. "I would personally rather buy lemonade from a attractive woman, or any woman," Trump said. But he agreed that a team of 40-year-old women might not have won.
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/...ice-side_x.htm

I guess what I don't get, is that if Trump knew that the men never stood a chance, why even bother with the damn show? Just eliminate a guy right away, and save us an hour and a half.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    He is such a womanizer. I bet he required those girls wear short skirts on the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I guess what I don't get, is that if Trump knew that the men never stood a chance, why even bother with the damn show? Just eliminate a guy right away, and save us an hour and a half.
    But that wouldn't have been as entertaining...

Maybe Trump isn't looking for his next apprentice, but his next girlfriend!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    *puts on riot gear*

because Burnett and the game have to figure out a way to keep the numbers and teams equal and this was an obvious way to get rid of a man- it may not be the last time we see such a stacked game!!

(did you recognize the sarcasm )

A kiss on the cheek might help sell a cup of lemonade, but it isn't going to help much convincing someone to sign a multimillion-dollar contract to do business with your company.

I don't know if it was poor editing or what, but I don't think we got to see how the women really made their money. Did they sell more glasses? Did they charge more? Was it the $15 kissing glasses that did it, or did they just sell one of those for the camera? I had too many unanswered questions there. If the show just wanted the winner to be a surprise until the end, I'd have liked to be told how it happened later.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion, Doyu Gems Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    I guess we missed the lap dances, too. For a kiss on the cheek from an attractive mini-skirted chickie, $5 seems a bit much. But the Big Apple is expensive, and having all those cameras around must have made the marks feel as if they were part of something bigger.

I felt bad for the guys, though, clearly, they wouldn't have gotten the free supplies and use of the cart if not for the cameras and (off-camera) references to Trump's show.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Hug me!
    Well.. the men could use buy a lemonade and get a chance to show on national tv sale pitch.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I guess if Donald hiring a lot of women means that he 'overtly favors' the gender, than 90% of the other business owners out there must 'overtly favor' men. Just because Trump gives women a fair shake doesn't mean he 'favors' them.

However, I do agree that the women were at an advantage at that particular game. However, the next game might tip the scales toward the men. Business professionals need to learn to overcome their disadvantages and forge ahead.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Women vs Men

I don't agree with the way the women acted to sell the lemonade. Is this how Trump wants his female employees to act on a business deal?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast