+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kissing's a 'bit out there'

on vacation
    Well maybe I'm wrong but isn't he just commenting on how they sold the lemonade? I mean, that doesn't mean he condones it, it may be just a
    fact that younger, good looking women were able to succeed at the task
    last night.

That said, that doesn't mean they will on the next challenge, nor will it
    be something that con be conquered by looks.

I agree that Donald Trump is a person who may be looking for young women,
    as evidence by his fiancee during the show, but deep down, I don't know, I
    don't think he's going to pick some honey to run part of his company just
    so he can get in her pants. I think he could probably accomplish that without
    the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    Well maybe I'm wrong but isn't he just commenting on how they sold the lemonade? I mean, that doesn't mean he condones it, it may be just a
    fact that younger, good looking women were able to succeed at the task
    last night.

That said, that doesn't mean they will on the next challenge, nor will it
    be something that con be conquered by looks.

I agree that Donald Trump is a person who may be looking for young women,
    as evidence by his fiancee during the show, but deep down, I don't know, I
    don't think he's going to pick some honey to run part of his company just
    so he can get in her pants. I think he could probably accomplish that without
    the contract.
    I don't think he would be interested in any one of them.

I don't think it was a given that the women would win selling lemonade on the street. It didn't have to be 100% looks that sold the lemonade.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I don't think it was a given that the women would win selling lemonade on the street. It didn't have to be 100% looks that sold the lemonade.
    EXACTLY!

I would say that the ONLY reason that the men "failed" was that they did not consider the possibility that sex would sell lemonade and then devise a plan that would be able to beat that strategy.

If they had at least attempted this, I would be inclined to say that although they had failed in terms of the contest, they had probably done the best they could.

But I believe that they truly did fail on several counts relating to how they handled Sam and his ideas.

Sam actually told them that "women can sell better than men, even to women", and yet NOT ONE of them picked up on the significance of that in terms of their current situation. If Sam's execution were a little rough, surely some "teamwork" and "listening" could have been applied to perfect his strategies.

As if this were not enough, they also failed to see the potential in Sam's $1000 suggestion. Sam didn't seem to be articulating the benefit too well, so maybe he couldn't. But surely the 15 minutes of fame associated with being the person who bought the $1000 lemonade on the "Trump reality show" is worth it to someone in NY.

In the boardroom, the men might have fared better in the long term if they had more directly evaluated WHY they didn't sell as much lemonade as the women. From this point of view, Sam seems like the LAST person they should blame and therefore, if I were judging, those who pointed the finger in that direction would have a strike against them moving forward.

[QUOTE=alwaysshopping]EXACTLY!

As if this were not enough, they also failed to see the potential in Sam's $1000 suggestion. Sam didn't seem to be articulating the benefit too well, so maybe he couldn't. But surely the 15 minutes of fame associated with being the person who bought the $1000 lemonade on the "Trump reality show" is worth it to someone in NY.

I agree that Sam was reaching out in the right direction. I kept thinking that if he offered the "lemonade cup of a lifetime" for $100 or $250 he might have gotten someone to take the bait. Then he could have tried it with other customers, offering it for different amounts to each one. That would not have compromised his pitch that the purchaser would be able to claim that they were the only one to buy the lemonade for "X" amount.

Thinking outside the box really helps things sell. However, people that are stuck in a straight-jacket mode of thinking only scoff at the people with the creative minds that come up with ideas that are unusual. JMHO.
    Reality TV is taking over my life...but I love every minute of it.

The only problem I have with the $1000 cup of lemonade idea, is who in NY(or anywhere) would carry that amount of cash in their pocket ????

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    They still might have been lost and trying to order lemonade on their cell phones but for two ladies who went off on their own and got the stuff after about an hour of talking....

But once the novelty of ladies in short skirts selling lemonade wears off.....ice is a must....

and no one including the guys.....were really dressed for an interview to be a vice president in corporate america....several guys had no ties.....and some didn't have suit coats....

They failed to notice that Donald sleeps in Pin stripes......

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam

I don't know if it was poor editing or what, but I don't think we got to see how the women really made their money. Did they sell more glasses? Did they charge more? Was it the $15 kissing glasses that did it, or did they just sell one of those for the camera?

THe women charged $5 a cup, while the men were charging only $1. The $15 came from selling three cups to a group of guys who got kisses as a bonus.

If Sam had sold the one cup for $1000, the outcome might have been different...but I wonder why he didn't drop his asking price to say, $100.

It's obvious the ladies won by charging more and by finding a much better location (even though it took them a long time to get there). By the look of things, the men had better quality lemonade that was actually cold.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I guess what I don't get, is that if Trump knew that the men never stood a chance, why even bother with the damn show? Just eliminate a guy right away, and save us an hour and a half.
    No kidding.

The Week 1 competition was OBVIOUSLY biased and even Trump admits it.

I think he might have wanted to give the women a freebie in week 1 because so many people assume women are not as good at business as men.

Furthermore, even in a loss he can learn a lot about the competitors. For that matter, he surely learns things about the women that might put them on his Bad List even when they win.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    If Sam had sold the one cup for $1000, the outcome might have been different...but I wonder why he didn't drop his asking price to say, $100.
    I was wondering about that myself. I concluded that it because the pitch is: "You are going to be famous for doing something completely preposterous."

The amount paid is critical to the value of the purchase. You can lower the price, but as you do, you diminish the absurdity of what you have done, and therefore the value of your purchase.

$1000 seems a pretty good choice -- it is definitely an amount that many people can part with easily, but still ridiculous for a glass of lemonade.

Maybe $500 would be enough, but if you are going to do that, you might as well give them another $500 to get the extra digit (the next one is a WHOLE lot more expensive!).

In hindsight, the $500 would NOT have made the difference to the outcome of the game, which would have ALSO diminished the value of the purchase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12