+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will you watch again?

on vacation
    I'm guessing but maybe they feel they've picked an assortment of people who are successful now but have not all gotten there via the business school route. Correct me if I'm wrong but Jessie the girl from Wisconsin started her own business at an early age and it grew from there but I don't remember reading about (any) schooling.

Besides, look at David. He was perhaps the smartest one out of the bunch but the first to go.

New guy to the reality scene

Im new here, discovered these boards when Average Joe was on. To be honest Im not a big fan of Reality shows. The only two reality shows I liked and ever watched were:

Murder in Small Town X- I like who done it shows, it was good, suspenceful, and constantly wondering who get killed next (Ya I know no one got kill, but still it was cool)

and

Boot Camp- Looks, money, and status didn't matter, if you weren't a team player, and you couldn't hack it in training, you got booted, and yell at alot by actual drill instructors

Then I saw a preview for "The Apprentise" thursday afternoon so I waited till it was on. Funny thing, I was waiting on Fox and it never came on, so I flipped around and saw it on NBC. To be honest I like the show, its soften all my hate filled views about all those "looks-mattered, cheating, lying, romantic" reality shows out there. < I apologize ahead of time to all hardcore reality show fans, hope I didn't tick you off>

Alot of great things about this show that I like. The fact they got to come up with business proposals, and ad campaigns. Have to know the customer needs and wants, and where your primary and secondary target markets are. The problems with the shows dont seem so bad to me. Like the miniskirts, ya its tacky, but like everyone has said, "sex sells". Trump playing faveriotes with the women, ya most business have a considerable level of favourtism. I know most my earlier jobs were like that. But you have the realize, Trump's not giving the women easier jobs over the men, they both have to do the same taks, it all drums down which side can hack it.

Thats all I have to say, and im glad I became a member today.

Toronto_Reality

P.S I dont know much about Trump, but is his apartment also part of Trump Towers?

Welcome Toronto Reality! (I'm from Oshawa myself.)

I never really got into Murder in Small Town X, but I liked Boot Camp. If you like Whodunits you should watch Celebrity Mole on ABC on Wednesdays. We'll make a reality junkie out of you yet!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I couldn't wait to see the premiere re-aired on Saturday...it was listed on my cable to air after AJ2.

What do ya know?! Nothin'. They showed something else, so I never got to see it!

It really irks me when the tv lineup isn't correct.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    I noticed that too here maveno... we saw Law And Order instead.... I wasn't too happy.

As long as I remember to, I plan to watch it again. Even if I miss it, I'll still have Wayner's recap.

I agree about the women's clothing. It was disappointing to me but, if they don't get the job then at least they'll be dressed for a go around the office desk. Can they really be chased in those heels and not get caught? Actually, I think that is the style. Even so, would they have dressed the same if trying to get a job with a female boss?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    YEAHHHHHhhhh MEEEEeeee!! I saw it finally!!!

What a refreshing, cutthroat and great premise for a reality show. We loved it!!! "You're fired" OOooooOOoooo such drama! Typical drama filled, emotional, catty women. grrr...so annoying.

Definately going to watch this one.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I can't believe I have turned into such a Reality TV junkie . . and I used to be so anti-Reality TV . . thanks so much to the FORT for corrupting me.

Anyway, really enjoyed the first show. Was all excited to see the show last night . . but it was just a rerun of the first ep. So, can't wait for it tonight. It's a bummer about overlap with AI3 results . . but eh, we all know it's 21 minutes and 30 seconds of filler anyway.

I wish it overlapped with Bachelorette instead. Can't say I was ever a Meredith fan - but I digress.

Yes, I will be watching.

Who's going down this time?

This show is one of the best reality programmes of all time and I am already hooked on this show like I was hooked on THE AMAZING RACE. If NBC had put this show on the same night as Fox is going to start broadcasting American Idol 3 I would really would have liked to see who would have would the battle for the ratings. I can see this show doing well and having a huge fan base mainly consisting of those who are 18 and older whereas AI is targeting the Bubble gum and young adults population.

I will definately watch again. If I had billions I would decorate my NY apartment exactly the same way. Italian Marble, gold layered ceilings with michaelangelo like pantings thrown in, Giant gold door. Donald knows luxury thats for sure, hey he has an image to uphold.

This show is the best thing to happen to reality TV since Paradise Hotel. I look forward to the inevitable nervous breakdowns that will occur as people start realizing they are competing against their teammates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast