+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where would you pick to sell

I was under the assumption that you needed to have a license in order to sell food/ beverages on the street. Do you think the producer's had already secured the proper paper's for the show? Anyone know about how that works?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i was thinking that too- but didnt want to start a conversation with myself- they would need an Occupational License or in this case a Vendors License to sell Lemonade on the street. Theoretically a cop or Code Enforcement Officer could have ceased the activity at any time without the license... but obviously we dont know if they had any encounters with a policeman or a CEO?

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I was under the assumption that you needed to have a license in order to sell food/ beverages on the street. Do you think the producer's had already secured the proper paper's for the show? Anyone know about how that works?
    That bothered me too. I'm glad you thought of an explanation so it won't keep me up tonight.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I thought one of the reasons The Donald sent his associates along was to clear the way with the NYPD and the likes, with the proper permits.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion, Doyu Gems Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    In the afternoon, I'd roam the TCKTS line near Times Square. Hundreds of people waiting in line for great bargains on Broadway. Hundreds of others milling around the shopping district.

Until then, maybe Park north of 54th. Great shopping, but very incovenient restaurants.

I'd definitely focus on the tourists. The businessmen and women have short lunch breaks and no time to be hassled.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

I was thinking the same thing............most likly time square.......or Central Park where people are taking lieserly stroles and people are running

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    In the afternoon, I'd roam the TCKTS line near Times Square. Hundreds of people waiting in line for great bargains on Broadway.
    I thought of the TCKTS Booth, too. Not only are there hundreds of people there, but they're also a captive audience who can't go elsewhere without losing their place in the line. The convenience factor alone would've justified a higher price per cup.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    With the permits....you need all sorts in New York...One to film on the street....one to sell as a vendor...which if memory serves me...must be visible at all times..to sell more than $250 in a year you need a tax liscene....suddenly that $1400 profit is looking like a loss.....

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Times Square where the tickets booth is one of the
    most 'hawked' parts of new york and has tons of vender carts selling cans of lemonade for last I checked $1.50-$2.00...(with ice....) probably not the best place...

Penn station has communters and long distance travellers who may have a bit more time to kill...fewer venders and lots of people.... but lots of them enter via the subway....so under ground you'd do better than above.....except they now have laws that prevent you from selling in the subways.....

I'd try in front of the New York public library ...where an estimated 3,000 a people a minute walk by....exactly how much lemonade do you have to sell...?

FORT Fan
    I would have either gone to a train/bus station, times square across from the TKTS, up by central park & 5th ave, outside a big subway station, rockefeller center. In fact I think the ladies started right outside St Pats at rockefeller center and I was thinking that was a great location!

When I saw where they both went I couldn't believe my eyes. Even if they weren't familiar with the city the fish market was ridiculous.

I thought the men should have scored more points for being ingenious enough to get a sponsor. Reminded me of lemonade tycoon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast