+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's Men Versus Women on 'The Apprentice'

It's Men Versus Women on 'The Apprentice'

IT WILL BE THE MEN VS. THE WOMEN WHEN NBC’S 'THE APPRENTICE' PREMIERES JANUARY 8 AT 8:30PM ET.

DONALD TRUMP DECIDES TO SPLIT THE 16 CONTESTANTS BY GENDER INTO TWO TEAMS OF EIGHT

NEW YORK -- January 5, 2004 - Who will succeed in the cutthroat business world of New York City? Will it be the men or the women? In the first episode of NBC’s “The Apprentice”, Donald Trump gathers all 16 contestants into his boardroom and announces that they will be split by gender into two teams of eight.

Their first mission is to come up with a name for their “corporation.” After much debate, the men choose “VERSACORP” and the women name themselves “PROTÉGÉ”. “The Apprentice” will make a super-sized premiere after “Friends” on January 8 (8:30 - 10:00 p.m. ET). The following week it will move into its regular timeslot, Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET), beginning January 14.

“Donald Trump and I wanted to create the ultimate challenge for our 16 contestants,” said Mark Burnett, Executive Producer. “Splitting the teams by gender accentuates the strengths and weaknesses of men and women in a business environment. Does a glass ceiling still exist for women? Do men and women play by the same rules?”

MEN: “VERSACORP”: Jason Curis, David Gould, Bowie Hogg, Kwame Jackson, Troy McClain, Bill Rancic, Sam Solovey, Nick Warnock

WOMEN: “PROTÉGÉ”: Heidi Bressler, Katrina Campins, Jessie Conners, Kristi Frank, Amy Henry, Tammy Lee, Omarosa Manigault Stallworth, Ereka Vetrini

For more information on the 16 contestants or to download photos of the teams please visit www.nbcmv.com.

“The Apprentice” is produced by Mark Burnett Productions in association with Trump Productions LLC. Mark Burnett and Donald Trump are executive producers. Burnett is represented by Conrad Riggs who will also serve as a producer on the project.

LG.
    Methinks Burnett really enjoyed the "Amazon" season of Survivor. If any of these women strip for peanut butter I'm outta here.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'm just a little ticked that I'm going to have to cut and paste the word “PROTÉGÉ” every week so I don't have to type out the special characters over the E's. The show hasn't even started yet and the women have annoyed me.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    I'm just a little ticked that I'm going to have to cut and paste the word “PROTÉGÉ” every week so I don't have to type out the special characters over the E's. The show hasn't even started yet and the women have annoyed me.
    I was totally looking forward to this show.... but now knowing that Wayner is recapping is making me all the more excitable

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    L.G. they should at least hold out for caviar....

is it that freinds are freinds and pals are pals

but PROTÉGÉ's sell lemonade topless

versacorps....accountants or superheros..

you decide

I am so fed up with the Men vs. Women cliche.

Ugh.

I hope the women win a few more times and the numbers get so unbalanced they are forced to change the format.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

+ Reply to Thread