+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where are all the underdogs?

Sorry John, didn't notice the press release... I guess I always just take the easy way out of things.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    After reading through the bios, was anyone else disappointed in the lack of variety? We were pitched a show that promised to have street hustlers mixing it up with MBA's. It said that there would be people from 'all walks of life.' What happened? I saw one successful college grad after another. With a scant few exceptions, one bio looked pretty much like the next.

"So and so graduated with honors from *insert prestigious university* with a degree in business/economics/etc and went on to make their fortune in real estate/investing/marketing/etc. Their hobbies are *insert something adventurous or glamorous*"

Where are the high school educated underdogs that I was hoping to see? I thought one of the points of the show was to see how street smarts held up against education in the business world? I didn't even see many people who had to overcome diversity to get where they are in the world. I was hoping to see someone who had smarts and ambition, but had never before been given the opportunity to succeed.

Was anyone else hoping for more scrappers to root for/against, or was I the only one?

SG Look for the scrapper from Boise. I have been working out at the same gym as him and keeping my ears open. He's a guy with nothing but a highschool diploma, he takes care of his disabled little sister and mother and started his own business out of his house. Plus I heard he's not afraid to share his opion!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    It sounded like a great show and it probably still will be. But I too am disappointed with the bios. Only two appear not to have college degrees. Seems somehow unfair. Dont know why but I expected it to be a bit more half and half. Maybe there just isnt that many successful under 30s out there who dont have degrees.
    I actually tried out for the show and they presented it to be a "street smarts" vs "book smarts" and I do not see any of that from the bios. I think it will be an interesting watch.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I wonder how many three card monte grifters Donald actually wants on the payroll

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123