+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ereka Vetrini (New York, NY)

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    Wouldn't returning from being around the world amount to standing still?

Or perhaps she has learned a few things the rest of us don't understand.

I thought for sure I was the only one who noticed this. Her resume is FULL of typos and inconsistent tenses. And "it's???" Break out your Funk and Wagnall's sweetheart...the correect usage would be "its."

Many hiring directors would throw the resume in the trash, on the spot, for a serious grammar error like this. You have to be anal about your resume. Hire a copy editor if you can't do it yourself.

Ahh, now we see why she was on the show. The emotional breakdown was just an act - an audition for future roles. I doubt a company like Clinique would allow an emotional wreck to make presentations at the annual meeting.
    I was thinking this, too. She'sdefinitaly a "Notice Me or Else!" type.

Or incompetence on the part of the eight actor-wannabe guys hired for the show. This would be a very short business conference or private party.
    Someone found a casting agency website that has Amy's headshot and portfolio of acting shots. I'm starting to wonder if some of these people are just that...actors.

I guess the most startling thing I saw in regards to Ereka's post show behavior was the way she constantly bad mouthed people. There wasn't one comment or admittance of guilt or shame. Even Sam knew enough to show a little humility and admit he was too over the top and in people's faces. Ereka, on the other hand, has blamed everyone involved for her loss...except herself.

Here are some of my favorite "snippy-ets" I read in an interview with Ereka.

Ereka: As for the Trump Ice task, you have to remember that we had no control over which customers we sold to, we were not allowed to create a marketing plan, and our price point was significantly higher than our [competitors’]. It was a tough sell, and I feel like my biggest mistake was give so much responsibility to the self-proclaimed salesman, Nick.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ereka: On a separate occasion, Donald Trump pointed to Katrina and me and said, “The other team might consider you emotional, but I consider you passionate, and that's what I am.” Plus the only other teammate who called me emotional was Omarosa, and her opinion is worth very little to me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RNO: Speaking of her, you had some memorable clashes with Omarosa in the first few episodes, but then your conflict seemed to cool down. What happened? Was it just a matter of being on different teams?

Ereka: Yes, if we were on the same team, I'm sure the conflict would have continued. We have very different personalities. I was one of the first to see through her, and lucky for me, now all of America can see what she's really all about. She's a wonderful speaker, but underneath it all there's a mean spirit and a terrible employee.
    Interviewer: After the real estate challenge, Bill said the he felt you and Katrina turned on him in the boardroom. Do you think that’s valid?

Ereka: Not at all, that's not in my nature. What you didn't see was that Bill started pointing fingers at Katrina and me when he was in the hot seat for poor negotiation. We were just defending ourselves. He even tried to take responsibility for the renovations, which was clearly Katrina's accomplishment.
    Ereka: After each Trump Ice sale, we had to complete a standard Sales Authorization Form that was very straightforward. For the few sales that Nick did make, he failed to fill out the proper paperwork. At the end of the day, I had to babysit him and fix all his mistakes. It was definitely exaggerated, but yes I was frustrated with Nick.
    Ereka: I stick by my decision. We were very successful in selling to restaurant and bars, however we failed on our sales to distributors. Nick, Bill, and I were the only ones negotiating sales to distributors. That is why Katrina stayed out of the board room. I was very disappointed in Bill, as he mentioned in the boardroom we worked very well together he even said he was impressed on how I held my own. However, he decided to turn against me at the last minute probably because he saw me as more of a threat than Nick.
    Ereka: I just want everyone to know that I'm not the racist that Omarosa claims I am. She apologized on video for that statement. That statement really hurt me. That is the only time I cried. I remember thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?" I'm an extremely open-minded person and I only judge people by their character.

Tesmgill! Great "snippy-ets".
    Last edited by blazer7; 03-06-2004 at 09:01 PM.

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    Omarosa, and her opinion is worth very little to me.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Might be a dumb question but did anyone notice how Ereka was always gaga and googoo-eyed around Donald Trump? I saw it the first episode when they were at the NYSE when she said they decided on Protege' as name of the team. He said "I like that", then SHE said "I'm glad!" and held his gaze (or tried to) a bit *too* long.

When Trump was talking and the camera went to her she always looked like a lovelorn teenager and her face lit up. I'm sure we've all been around situations like this or maybe even experienced it, and I think you know what I mean.

Then after she was fired (in interviews) she said he called her to tell her he was sorry that he fired her. Perhaps he did, but for all we know he calls everyone. I suspect she thought there was some significance to this. Anyway it just seemed to me that she was overly interested n him in a way that went beyond his celebrity status. I didn't notice this in any of the other women and I didn't see any such interest (in her) on Trump's part.

Quote Originally Posted by justvisiting
    Might be a dumb question but did anyone notice how Ereka was always gaga and googoo-eyed around Donald Trump? I saw it the first episode when they were at the NYSE when she said they decided on Protege' as name of the team. He said "I like that", then SHE said "I'm glad!" and held his gaze (or tried to) a bit *too* long.

When Trump was talking and the camera went to her she always looked like a lovelorn teenager and her face lit up. I'm sure we've all been around situations like this or maybe even experienced it, and I think you know what I mean.

Then after she was fired (in interviews) she said he called her to tell her he was sorry that he fired her. Perhaps he did, but for all we know he calls everyone. I suspect she thought there was some significance to this. Anyway it just seemed to me that she was overly interested n him in a way that went beyond his celebrity status. I didn't notice this in any of the other women and I didn't see any such interest (in her) on Trump's part.

Ereka strikes me as the type of girl who has used her looks to try to get what she wanted. I think she hinestly believed that if she flirted with Trump enough, she'd get him to do what he wanted. As AskMen.com said about Ereka, "She's a manipulator." And, hoo boy, does she get pissed when it doesn't work. What I found most pathetic was the way she slouvhed in her chair and said "I'm sooooo dissapointed" when Bill told George he thought she should be fired. Poor baby, guess all that neck nuzzling she did the night before at the bar with Bill was for naught. They showed a clip of Ereka at the bar with her arms around Bill and kissing his neck. Wonder what her boyfriend thought about that? And don't tell me she wasn't flirting with him because she knew she needed his support in the boardroom to help oust Nick. What a bimbo. No wonder she's unemployed and Clinique wouldn't give her her job back.

Tessmgill, I remember the neck nuzzling with Bill at the club. Forgot to mention it. But I think if Trump ever winked at her or anything she would be on Cloud 9. This may sound bizarre, but I really suspect Ereka thought she could replace his GF. (I think she wanted the Apprentice job to be "close" to him.) Kinda silly because let's face it, he's no "hunk" (not too bad looking but looked better in his prime), and yes she is attractive, but I'm sure he deals with this all the time.

I happened to think of this because of another post I saw on another site, and also because years ago I worked as right arm to a very, I mean INCREDIBLY handsome executive who was on his 30s and single at that time. It was patheric and comical to see how women acted around him, even married women - if he said "Hello" and smiled. He never EVER mixed business with pleasure like that, as several learned the hard way.
    Last edited by justvisiting; 03-15-2004 at 03:41 PM.

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    Wonder what her boyfriend thought about that?
    Ereka has a boyfriend?
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

FORT Fogey
    'Apprentice' has new boss
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Who's the boss? Ask Ereka Vetrini and she'll say Tony Danza.

Vetrini, the eighth person fired during the first season of NBC's hit reality show "The Apprentice," has been hired as Danza's announcer and sidekick for his new talk show, which will premiere next month.

She'll discuss news and trends with Danza and cover red-carpet events including premieres and awards shows for "The Tony Danza Show," executive producer John Redmann announced Thursday.

"I couldn't be more thrilled about the opportunity to work with one of the most popular television personalities of all time," Vetrini, 28, said in a statement. "I'll be able to learn everything there is to know about television from a man whose career has stood the test of time."

Danza, 53, starred in the '70s comedy "Taxi" and the '80s sitcom "Who's the Boss?"

Vetrini, who graduated from Boston College, was dubbed "emotional" by Donald Trump before being eliminated from "The Apprentice." Most recently, she worked as a global promotional marketing manager for Clinique cosmetics.

"She may not have been hired by Donald Trump -- but we've found the best person for the job," Redmann said.

"The Tony Danza Show" will premiere live on September 13.
    From: http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/08/0...z/index.html#2

Somehow it seems fitting that Tony Danza should hire the rat-faced girl.

One more reason I won't be tuning in to the TD Show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast