+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Solovey (Chevy Chase, MD)

Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    This is not his fault.. His so called team mates kept critizing him and pretty much preventing him to making his sells.
    Hey, it is cool if you like him, but I personally am rooting for him to get kicked off the show ASAP!!! He seemed more like a hinderance then a help to his team.

Yes, he recogined that sex sells, but to accost random girls on the street and try to get them to work for free for you just is a waste of time. It is one thing if you have females in your group, but it is another thing to harass strangers. The women had a advantage, but life, like business is unfair. Deal with it!

Second, if everyone thinks that you were a hinderance to the team, then you probably were. We all say the MD guy (forgot his name) pathetic attempts to sell, but yet all of the men said that Sam was worse. That should count for something. I don't think they were all trying to kick him off for being inovative. They didn't like the fact that he wasted valuable time one impracticle ideas. In business, there are some ideas and products that in theory are wonderful, but are not cost effective. All of the men in his group felt that Sam's idea's were not cost effective. Sam should have respected the will of the group, or at least better articulated his reasoning so at least one or two people agreed with him. Instead, he just went off on his own and wasted time.

Third, I could not believe the way he was offended by the fact that Troy would not want Sam incontrol of his finances. I mean, come on! Most people wouldn't want a gambler/hussler like Sam in charge of their money. They are mroe adapt to lose it then make a profit. Troy was just telling the truth, and Sam looked like he was trying to rip out his still beating heart! Get over it!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

I already love to hate Sam. I do appreciate that he is a risk taker, has enthusiasm and drive but his butt licking was too much. I was embarrassed for him in the board room when he kept kissing up to the Donald.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    Second, if everyone thinks that you were a hinderance to the team, then you probably were. We all say the MD guy (forgot his name) pathetic attempts to sell, but yet all of the men said that Sam was worse. That should count for something. I don't think they were all trying to kick him off for being inovative. They didn't like the fact that he wasted valuable time one impracticle ideas.
    I would be willing to bet the rest of the guys secretly admired the fact that Sam was ballsy enough to try for the $1000 glass of lemonade- else they would have stopped him or dissuaded him from doing it. The fact that he pitched his idea for 20 minutes indicates he at least had the person thinking about it (no one listens to a sales pitch for 20 minutes without thinking about purchasing). However the guys all sold out Sam in the Board Room- he was the obvious choice and they were applying the Anyone but Me mentaility.

I think with his decision- Trump sent out a clear message to everyone that Under the Radar (Dave, early indications from what we saw) is not going to cut it in this game... and Sam is certainly not UTR.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    Hey, it is cool if you like him, but I personally am rooting for him to get kicked off the show ASAP!!! He seemed more like a hinderance then a help to his team.
    Yes, he recogined that sex sells, but to accost random girls on the street and try to get them to work for free for you just is a waste of time. It is one thing if you have females in your group, but it is another thing to harass strangers. The women had a advantage, but life, like business is unfair. Deal with it!
    You are thinking small potato.. he could easily hire hot girls to sell lemonade for $5 a cup and they split the money.

Second, if everyone thinks that you were a hinderance to the team, then you probably were. We all say the MD guy (forgot his name) pathetic attempts to sell, but yet all of the men said that Sam was worse. That should count for something. I don't think they were all trying to kick him off for being inovative. They didn't like the fact that he wasted valuable time one impracticle ideas. In business, there are some ideas and products that in theory are wonderful, but are not cost effective. All of the men in his group felt that Sam's idea's were not cost effective. Sam should have respected the will of the group, or at least better articulated his reasoning so at least one or two people agreed with him. Instead, he just went off on his own and wasted time.
    That's easy.. because they are all followers. Trump is looking for a leader not a followers

Third, I could not believe the way he was offended by the fact that Troy would not want Sam incontrol of his finances. I mean, come on! Most people wouldn't want a gambler/hussler like Sam in charge of their money. They are mroe adapt to lose it then make a profit. Troy was just telling the truth, and Sam looked like he was trying to rip out his still beating heart! Get over it!!!!
    Well. .It's okay that that Troy is playing it safe but he is just not a risk taker or a leader.. nothing wrong with that.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    I would be willing to bet the rest of the guys secretly admired the fact that Sam was ballsy enough to try for the $1000 glass of lemonade- else they would have stopped him or dissuaded him from doing it. The fact that he pitched his idea for 20 minutes indicates he at least had the person thinking about it (no one listens to a sales pitch for 20 minutes with thinking about purchasing). However the guys all sold out Sam in the Board Room- he was the obvious choice and they were applying the Anyone but Me mentaility.

I think with his decision- Trump sent out a clear message to everyone that Under the Radar (Dave, from what we saw) is not going to cut it in this game... and Sam is certainly not UTR.
    I think that the old man stuck around to hear the pitch since he was on TV. He was never going to buy a glass of lemonaide for 1000 dollars. He just had to sit there to get on national TV though, so it worked out well for him.

And I really don't think that the rest of the guys admire Sam. If it was me, and I was working in that kind of contest, I would be pissed if someone wasted time like Sam was with the girl and the $1000 thing. If people are sitting around talking to you, they are not buying lemonade. Granted, that is not the only reason that they lost, but if Sam would have spent all his creativity trying to find a better location for the product, maybe they wouldn't have been trounced by the girls.

And I really don't think that Dave was under the rader. Wasn't he the one that was running after the guy on the bike and harassing the couple that walked by? Also, I thought Dave was pretty outspoken to trump at the meetings. I think that Trump got rid of Dave due to his inablity to market a product. Sam, for all his shortcoming, is more business savy then David (and more obnoxious.... in my opinion!)
    Reality TV

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    No, I think this guy will be on everybody's nerves by the time he's fired. Right or wrong his approach is too hyper-active and wreckless. You need a cool head to be on the same team with Trump.

plus the whole crawling on his knees thing...I weas waiting for him to drop his drawers next...

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    UTR and mere stupidity are two entirely different things- chasing bicyclists has nothing to do with overall strategy-

i have a couple of friends who sell time shares for Disney- they pitch about 20 sales a week and are lucky to get one buyer- but that one buyer generally nets them $10,000-15000 per sale... same principal here- maybe if all 8 of them employed this over an 8 hour period0 they could have sealed that one deal.

and why were all 8 guys trying to sell together- therre was nothing that prevented the rest of the guys employing a different strategy while Sam was making his pitch. Have 4 teams of 2 and try different areas... those guys were standing around doing nothing for the most part (yet criticisizing later on)

I thought Sam was absolutely horrible. To me, he was only mildly annoying up until the very end when he started crawling around the floor. AND THEN, when he got back into the boardroom and stood up in front of Don and Donny boy had to tell him to sit down, I lost it!!! I was feeling embarrassed for him. I agree that you would have to do something to stand out not to get fired, but honestly, he wouldn't stop. It was painful to watch!

Oh God yes, the crawling around, I forgot aobut that, bizarre.

I laughed when Trump was talking to him at the end and he stood up and Trump told him to sit down.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    You are thinking small potato.. he could easily hire hot girls to sell lemonade for $5 a cup and they split the money.
    That would have been interesting if that was what he did. The television did not show him doing that. Instead he waylaid a woman on the street, and harrassed her for a few minutes. Not good business in my book!

That's easy.. because they are all followers. Trump is looking for a leader not a followers
    To be a leader, people have to respect you. None of Sam's group members seem to respect him, so his is neither a leader or a follower. He is dead weight!

Well. .It's okay that that Troy is playing it safe but he is just not a risk taker or a leader.. nothing wrong with that.
    Now, I think that there is a big difference between being a leader in a company, and taking risks with the money that you have. But I tihink that to have someone trust you with their money means that you have to show them that you are resonsible. Sam didn't do that!
    Reality TV

+ Reply to Thread