+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Solovey (Chevy Chase, MD)

4515, you're welcome to your opinions, but I want to warn you that you're coming perilously close to breaking our "no flaming, baiting, or insulting" rule that we are extremely intolerant about (that doesn't apply to contestants, only to other members).

Sam's an ass, and as the resident ass, I have no doubt he'll be around for a while. This IS a Mark Burnett production, and they WANT the ass to stick around as long as possible - but of course, not win. And in the end, that's all that counts.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    4515, you're welcome to your opinions, but I want to warn you that you're coming perilously close to breaking our "no flaming, baiting, or insulting" rule that we are extremely intolerant about (that doesn't apply to contestants, only to other members).

Sam's an ass, and as the resident ass, I have no doubt he'll be around for a while. This IS a Mark Burnett production, and they WANT the ass to stick around as long as possible - but of course, not win. And in the end, that's all that counts.
    I apologize I simply quoted the 2 brian cells comments- did not think that was bad since it was a quote from the post. OHHH only applies to other members...tough. almost like t's board room- lol. do you know how many people watched it last night? A good turn out I would hope? this could get fun!

Someone mentioned in another thread that 25 million people tuned in, which is pretty darn good.

I haven't seen any official figures yet.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4515 1111
    Yup Chevy Chase MD! (not named after the actor)
    I was waiting for someone to ask that question. Actually Chevy Chase named himself after his town, I think he grew up there. And I actually belong to Chevy Chase bank. I get alot of comments when I use checks out of state.

Oh Sam, how you've shamed your fellow MDers. >

Sam's a nimrod.

Ok, I hated this guy on last night show. I hate people that talk big, but have nothing to back it up. I mean, come on... Why waste 20 minutes trying to get a guy to buy a cup of lemonaide for $1,000. Dreaming big is nice, but in business, you have to have something toi back it up!!! This is the type of guy who will try to sell you a nice bridge in San Fran!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

I felt like the $1,000 glass of lemonade thing was Sam trying more to impress Trump than to actually sell lemonade. I realize they're *all* trying to impress Trump, and ballsiness can go a long way, but I just don't think it takes you to the end. I would suspect Trump is at least looking for the ability to lead and be a team player. Sam may have these qualities, I just didn't see them last night. I don't blame the other guys a bit for being irked with him; he went off the reservation on his own, for his own gain. I think he was a kiss-a$$, and if I were Trump, Sam's "let me be your puppy" act would get on my nerves.
    So I would agree with those who said Sam will probably be kept around for shock value, but will not ultimately win.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Furthermore, did anyone get the gay vibe from this guy??? The whole "I want Trump in the back of the limo" speech was a little kinky!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

They had all day to sell lemonade and they sold $250 worth. Why the hell are you complaining about him spending 20 bucks trying to get $1000? If he had been successful, the men would have won.

The fact is, there was no way the men could have beaten the women head to head in this competition just by selling lemonade straight up. The women were unorganized, slow, bickering, and they still trounced the men. They were getting $5 a glass where the men were getting $1. Sam realized that the women would have the advantage of good looks and tried to spend some time to get an advantage (asking women to help sell, selling the lemonade for $1000).

As cooky as that idea sounded, he sold it pretty damn good and the guy looked like he was considering it. I know people that would have purchased it for $1000 just for the tv air time and/or the story.

I can understand why people don't like Sam. He's annoying, and is a constant "used car salesman". I have a coworker like that, and when you get past all the BS he's actually a really good guy underneath. Yes, Sam is a butt kisser, but IMO, he was also the most impressive contestant in last night's contest. Thinking outside the box was the men's only chance and he was the only one doing it.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Trivia fact: Sam is also a professional auctioneer. Will that come in handy?

LOL! I was coming in this thread to say Sam reminded me of a car salesman. Fast talker, animated, won't tell you the whole truth only what he thinks you want to hear.

I don't think I'll be jumping on the Sam-I-am bandwagon. I am just really turned off by his personality. He may be a brilliant guy IRL, but I don't like fast talking people that try and sell you swamp land.

+ Reply to Thread