+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mark Burnett, Executive Producer

Mark Burnett, Executive Producer

Mark Burnett
    Executive Producer

The Apprentice
    2004 on NBC

One of the driving forces behind reality television and a true visionary, Mark Burnett has a long history of Executive Producing Emmy AwardÒ-winning television in international locations. Burnett’s entrepreneurial spirit pioneered the success of the reality “unscripted” drama series, garnered skyrocketing ratings and introduced millions of Americans to an entirely new television genre.

Burnett’s continued success and innovative contributions to changing the face of non-fiction programming landed him six 2001 Primetime Emmy nominations for Survivor and Eco-Challenge: Borneo, from which he received two Emmy Awards. In 2002, Burnett received four Emmy nominations for Survivor: Africa and Survivor: Marquesas.

Prior to producing Survivor (CBS), the most watched summer series in television history, Burnett created Eco-ChallengeÒ and has Executive Produced eight Eco-Challenge mini-series, the next of which airs on USA network in May. The 1996 Eco-Challenge: British Columbia earned him a 1996 Sports Emmy AwardÒ nomination as well as a 1997 International Documentary Association Award nomination. Burnett received an Emmy AwardÒ for Outstanding Program Achievement for Eco-Challenge: Morocco and was awarded the prestigious Banff Rockie Award in the Sports Program category by the 2000 Banff Rockie Awards Festival.

Burnett won People’s Choice Awards for an unprecedented three years in a row (2001, 2002 and 2003) for Survivor in the Favorite Reality Based Television Program category. Burnett was named on the “Top 101 Most Powerful People in Entertainment” list by Entertainment Weekly for the last three consecutive years, and garnered the Number One position on TV Guide’s “Most Valuable Players” list and the Number Two position on Access Hollywood’s “Top 10 in Entertainment 2000” list. Burnett was a recipient of a Special Recognition Award for Survivor from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), was named in the Advertising Age Top 100 for 2001, and is a featured business leader in Variety’s 2001 “A Tradition of Trendsetting.”

In total, Burnett has produced eight Eco-Challenge races and series, six Survivor series, and Combat Missions which aired on USA Network in 2002. Burnett has filmed in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, British Columbia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, Thailand, and the United States. While he continues to produce Eco-Challenge and Survivor, Burnett’s latest project had him partnering with Carsey-Werner-Mandabach to produce “Are We There Yet?”, a new “scripted” sitcom pilot for the WB Network. Burnett has also partnered with Reveille, part of the Universal Television Group, to produce a six-hour primetime reality series called “The Restaurant” to air on NBC in the summer of 2003. In addition, Burnett has created a new 15 episode reality series called “The Apprentice” hosted by Donald Trump for NBC scheduled to air January 2004.

In addition to his producing credits, Burnett has authored two books about Survivor and a third book, DARE TO SUCCEED. He received medals for serving with the Parachute Regiment in Northern Ireland and the Falklands War. He also served two elected terms on the Board of Directors for the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in Los Angeles and is a member of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Currently, Burnett serves on the Board of Directors of the Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric Aids Foundation, and in his spare time is a certified scuba diver and “A” level skydiver.

[IMG]images/img/1TAPac03.jpeg[/IMG]

wow this should be exciting to watch. I didn't know he was the producer. Way to go MB rolling in those big bucks i see.
    ~Loca~

Could someone please clear this up for me, it looks like Mark has his hand on Donald's butt! Could it be??

Love this show. What's up with the outfit Mark B's wearing or is it wearing him. Who dresses this guy or am I wrong and it's the power look this season?

I was looking forward to this show just like any other show. I didn't realize it was a Burnet show, but now I realize why it was so damn good. This show is great, and the casting was excellent. Bravo boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Love this show. What's up with the outfit Mark B's wearing or is it wearing him. Who dresses this guy or am I wrong and it's the power look this season?
    Well, the goofier he looks, the better host Donald Trump looks in this picture. Just my guess, but I agree, that suit is terrible.

+ Reply to Thread