+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Idol season 6

FORT Fanatic

Canadian Idol season 6

Please share your thoughts about this year's contestants here.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Canadian Idol season 6

I really don't know the names of all the singers yet and I haven't watched all of tionights show. I basically lsitened to the recap then went back and listened to the ones I was most interested in plus little bits of others and the judges comment. On the whole I found the judges to be overly generous in their comments, but I did vote tonight for the Piggot brother (Jeremy I think?) and I also liked the fellow with classical training who came next.

I watched bits and pieces and no one really grabbed me.
    I saw the Piggot kid, who oddly enough I also thought was called Jeremy, but is apparently called Sebastian.
    I wonder why on earth we'd both think that.
    I was wracking my brain to think who he was related to, assuming it was someone famous, so I checked out the official site and saw he's related to another contestant

I also saw Omar Lunan and was shocked that he got such high praise from the judges, except Zack who didn't seem to want to commit either way.
    Sass was pulling a bit of a face when it came time to give her thoughts and I thought she was about to lash him because he sounded really "off" to me.
    I didn't think his voice sounded very good and all the vocal runs drove me crazy. Just get on with the song!
    I was surprised when Farley praised his phrasing too.

The Piggot kid didn't really impress me either.
    I tuned in while waiting for something else to start and wasn't impressed by the couple of contestants I saw.
    I always applaud CI for embracing diversity. I think there are contestants on CI who wouldn't stand a chance on AI, but I don't know that I'll bother to watch until they get to the top ten stage and maybe not even then.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-25-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I liked Theo and Mookie best so far from the guys and Amberly from the girls.
    Of course that is subject to change weekly, daily - whatever.
    Of the Piggot brothers - funny I liked Oliver better than Sabestian during the auditions but thought Sabestian did a much better job than Oliver this week.

I think this season is chalk full of talent compared to previous seasons, but a few are phenomenal.

Mookie, Earl, Theo, Omar, and a few others. I think we're going to end up with all guys in the top ten. My favorite girl is Amberly, although I love the tone of Marie-Pierre's voice. Sebastien Pigott is good, but it's his presence that will carry him farther than his voice imo. I think the girls are going to love him What was up with his brother and the hoodie though?

If anyone wants to view them again, or for the first time, there are lots of videos on youtube. The "Elimination" episode, with the group harmony performances, was imo FANTASTIC!! I've never seen anything as entertaining on any season, State-Side or Top-Side. The "Fly Like an Eagle" rip was the BOMB!

Search on YouTube:

Canadian Idol Group Audition 2 - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
    Canadian Idol Group - Heard It Through The Grapevine
    Canadian Idol Season 6 Top 24 Eliminations - Part 1
    Canadian Idol Season 6 Top 24 Eliminations - Part 2
    Canadian Idol Season 6 Top 24 Eliminations - Part 3
    Mookie Morris - These Eyes
    Mookie Morris - Twist and Shout
    Theo Tams - Apologize
    Earl Stevenson - All Along the Watchtower
    Paul Clifford - Broken
    Paul Clifford - Simple Man
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

FORT Newbie

i think this is the worst year ever......maybe they won't pick a winner.... few average singers and that's it...but hey we picked that guy on the first idol...what's his name again

FORT Fanatic

I was away this week but taped the shows so I've just finished watching them. I have to confess that some of the performances are emminently forgettable, but some were really good and I found myself rewinding to watch Theo Tams as he was excellent!

First night:
    Mark Day - not bad but can't remember song name
    Paul Clifford - Apprehension - meh
    Drew Wright - meh
    Marie Pierre BelleRose - forgettable
    Mookie Morris
    Sebastien Pigott - What a day for a daydream - great!
    Martin Kerr - IN your eyes - not bad
    Lisa Bell - sitting on the Dock of the bay = pretty bad
    Gary Morrisette - Mr Bojangles - not bad
    Amberly Thiessen - I would give everything I own - judges certainly loved her. I enjoyed her but didn't fall as hard as they did

2nd night
    Adam Castelli - a Wycliffe Jean piece that stayed mainly in a 3 note range
    Jessica Shepperhd witha Rhianna song
    Jessie Cottam - Iris - some pitch problems
    Theo Tams - Collide - Excellent excellent!!!!!!!
    Katelynn Dawn - she talks to angels- pitchy
    Mitch MacDonald - #1 song in sweden don't know name but fun - he reminded me a bit of Jacob HOggard (even before the judges commented that)
    Earl Stevenson - Something to talk about - very well done
    Katherine St Laurent - First Cut is the deepest - real pitch problems
    Omar Lunan - Aint no sunshine - didn't thrill me the way it did the judges
    Oliver Pigott - Sorry seems to be the hardest word - very emotive & well done
    Last edited by guide54; 07-02-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

I don't think this is the worst season ever. I am rather enjoying it so far.

I am really liking the way they have been doing the results show. Makes it way way better then the usual way from past years from both AI and CI.

The judges picked the ones they thought were the Top 4 performances from the 2 nights and those people got to sing their songs again. I was glad becuase I missed the 2nd night (doing the Canada Day thing) so I at least got to see a couple of them sing. The 4 they picked were Theo, Oliver, Omar and Amberley.

The bottom 3 from the first night were: Marie-Pierre, Lisa and Paul with Lisa and Paul going home. I was surprised at Paul over Marie-Pierre.

The bottom 3 from the 2nd night were: Jesse, Jessica and Adam with Jesse and Jessica going home.

Ben said that next week will reveal the Top 10 and since they are now down to 16 people there will be 6 going home next week. Unless of course they surprise us with a Top 12 instead. Either way there will not be many girls as there are not many left now.

Premium Member

as it stands now only 4 girls left and 12 guys YIKES

Premium Member

and then after Wednesday's results there will be only 10 left, so 6 go this week

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast