+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Idol season 6

Premium Member

Re: Canadian Idol season 6

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2004;3148492;
    Hey Paridy....How'd you do that?
    go to advanced setting and then go to spoiler quotes just after the bubble wrap quote button.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3148728;
    go to advanced setting and then go to spoiler quotes just after the bubble wrap quote button.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Thanks Paridy

That is so cool!

Unfortunately we don't have the interest in the show as we did in the past. Too bad we are also listed as "off the air" on the site. I really miss the friendly banter of the "spoiler threads" I will keep checking in though, perhaps as we get closer to the end, we will get more interest.

FORT Fanatic

Tonight the idols were doing hits from the UK and Sir Tom Jones was doing the mentoring. Somehow that "Sir" Tom just seems a little pretentious! Mark Day started things out and I couldn't help but wonder if they had placed him first in the hopes he would be the gone after tonight. He sang Bleeding Love and did an ok job but maybe he's done the comic shtick so long it's a little hard to take him seriously. Next up was Mitch MacDonald doing a John Lennon tune that I wasn't familiar with. I like Mitch, but I didn't like him tonight and coming second I think you can guarantee he'll be in the bottom 3. Drew was up next and it just might be 1,2,3, for bottom 3 - at least judging from the judges comments throughout. Drew did a song called "Creep" (another unfamiliar one to me - don't the judges tell them to do songs people know?). It wasn't bad, but his comments still didn't meet up to any of the next contestants. Theo was 4th doing a Joss Stone song called "You had me". It's my least favourite one that Theo has done, but that was due to the song rather than to Theo. He did this one without piano or guitar and really had amazing stage presence. All the judges predicted he could well win this thing.
    Mookie was next doing Lola. He started terribly - too low and almost a monotone, but when he went into the chorus he rocked it (and I'm not a Mookie fan but at least I know this song!). Amberly was next singing - Girl put your records on. She didn't look totally comfortable on stage, but she sang it beautifully and the judges loved it. Earl was next singing Eric Clapton's Change the World. For me this was the best performance of the night!

Premium Member

Tonight's results for those who haven't seen it:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Bottom 3:

Theo Tams
    Earl Stevenson
    Mark Day

Eliminated: Mark Day

FORT Fanatic

Wow! The right person went but that was the wrong bottom 3 for sure!!!!!

Premium Member

Tonight's results

Click to see Spoiler:
    Bottom 3

Earl Stevenson
    Drew
    Amberly Thiessen

Eliminated: Amberly Thiessen

Now only 5 guys remain

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

An all guy Canadian Idol top 5...whodathunkit? I'm pretty sure Mookie is going to win.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3164558;
    An all guy Canadian Idol top 5...whodathunkit? I'm pretty sure Mookie is going to win.
    Do you think so? I don't know - he's been in the bottom 3 more than most of the guys left. It was interesting seeing Earl go first - have to wonder if he is being slated as next to go. He was singing "I get by with a little help from my friends". I enjoyed what he did, but it wasn't much - there was way too much of the back-up singers and I didn't care for what they were doing.

Mookie was second singing "Come together". My husband liked him best. I thought it was one of his better ones but I confess I'm not a fan at all.

Theo- did "Long & Winding Road" with lots of orchestration - good, but didn't move me as much as some of his earlier ones.

Mitch did "In my life" and I really really liked it - very heartfelt & simple. He's the only guy that I don't believe has been in the bottom 3 yet.

In the pimp spot - Drew with "while my guitar gently weeps". He didn't sell it to me. He's the one I would miss the least.

Premium Member

I liked Drew tonight, Mookie was cute in that Sgt Pepper get-up. Theo's Long and Winding Road was nowhere near as good as Archie's was in AI Top 11 week (think he is overrated). Earl was so-so. It's going to be interesting to see who goes. I have no idea who will win this year.

FORT Fanatic

my vcr didn't work tonight - something with the tape I think. I was surprised to hear about the bottom 3. Mitch really does seem to have a guardian angel watching over him. I'm glad Theo was safe as I was a little worried. I gather he really did an incredible Let it Be tonight. Despite my post yesterday, I'm still pretty shocked at who went home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast