+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Idol season 6

FORT Newbie

Re: Canadian Idol season 6

this season is so embarrasing...i hope other countries are watching....nobody here is gonna make it very far.....this macdonald kid sounds like pee-wee herman...earl and mookie are the so called favourites....i laugh every time i hear them...i'm gonna stop...THIS SEASON SUCKS BIG TIME....even more than the judges

Last night wasn't too bad.

I think it's still Theo's to lose at this point.

Still not getting the Katherine love but oh well.

Mark Day - surprisingly didn't do too bad

Sabestian unfortunately had another bad week. He could be done this week.

Premium Member

well for those who haven't gotten the results yet:

Click to see Spoiler:
    the bottom 3 were Amberley, Sebastian and Katherine-Katherine was eliminated.

I like Drew

FORT Fanatic

I wasn't surprised by the results this week. I wasn't getting the love either. Theo is still my personal favourite and I agree that it's his to lose even if the judges aren't all making it seem to leab that way.

FORT Fanatic

This week was Idol goes unplugged with Gavin DeRoss (don't know if I'm spelling that correctly)the lead singer of the group BUsh (which I've never heard of before) who coincidentally is now pursuing a solo career and has just released a new album called "Wanderlust" (or is that "Wonderlost"?). Anyway - he sounds pretty good from what I heard. First up was Sebastien Piggot singing Lucille. My initial reaction was - they really want him gone so he has the first spot that everyone forgets about. It wasn't my cup of tea, but the judges seemed to like it and were generally positive (though they still mentioned his last two weeks!). Second was Earl Robinson and I don't remember what he sang (they seem to pick a lot of lesser known songs). I think it might have been a Bryan Adams tune. The judges were once again complimentary. Third was Mark - Gavin told him to sing every line as though it was the only line of the song and the judges thought he did just that. Fourth was Mitch (I have a horrible time remembering last names I'm afraid). Gavin told him to make eye contact with the audience and not just get lost in the music. I think he was doing that and I liked the piece though I'd never heard it before. The judges didn't much care for it though except for Sass. It wasn't that they thought his singing was bad, but they seemed to feel it was too safe and didn't challenge his voice enough. He said he''d tried to bring some of the down East flavour with fiddle etc. I voted for him. Amberly was next and the judges thought she looked gorgeous (especially with the hair away from her face according to Farley) She was singing a song which first became famous as part of a commercial but Jake said he would rather hear her sing it than the original singer. Zack said if she isn't around next week then Canada has really got it wrong. Mookie was next with Ophelia and I just don't get the Mookie love (which the judges continued to lavish). They thought it was his best yet. Drew folowed with another piece that was only vaguely familiar to me (hence no name) and while his singing was good, Jake really critiqued him on his ratty jeans and shirt. Last but not least was Theo Tams singing a Serena Ryder song. I knew who she was as I've seen her perform at Home County Folk Festival in London Ontario. I hadn't heard this song before though. It was something about "you make my knees feel weak". Theo did his usual incredible job. He was playing the piano this week and had strings in the back ground and perhaps a bit much in the way of back-up singers. I loved it and so did the judges. Zack said he had three things to say: 1: Hello to my special friend Drew. 2. Happy Birthday to my daughter Sabrina. 3. That was the performance of the night by Theo Tams! All the other judges agreed with him. They said on a night when so many had sung well it was wonderful to finish it off with the performance of the night. I voted many times for Theo too. Tomorrow Gavin DeRoss will sing on the results show.

I have not been impressed with any of them really. Was this really the best talent they could find?!

Premium Member

Tonight's results:

Bottom 3:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Mookie Morris
    Mark Day
    Sebastian Piggot

Eliminated: Sebastian Piggot

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3148428;
    Tonight's results:

Bottom 3:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Mookie Morris
    Mark Day
    Sebastian Piggot

Eliminated: Sebastian Piggot
    Hey Paridy....How'd you do that?

FORT Fanatic

I can't say I'm totally surprized by those results. Pleasant though he is to watch, I think the right person went home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast