+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Idol season 6

FORT Fanatic

Re: Canadian Idol season 6

I was watching the Bachelorette tonight but I've taped Canadian Idol and watched the recap of the 8 that sang tonight (it was only a 1 hour show). I really really like Theo Tam!!!Tonight he was playing the guitar instead of the piano so he's definitely versatile. I'll have to watch it tomorrow to see what I think of the rest of them.

Premium Member

wow I was shocked by the results tonite, and there is only a top 10 8 guys and 2 girls yikes, I guess it will be a guy to win this year.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3122793;
    wow I was shocked by the results tonite, and there is only a top 10 8 guys and 2 girls yikes, I guess it will be a guy to win this year.
    I was shocked too! I got pulled away for the first part of the show and only saw the last few eliminations, but I couldn't believe how things turned out. All along I thought it was wrong that they take the bottom performers of each night. I really feel they should have taken the bottom 6 vote gatherers regardless of which night they sang on. Mark Day makes it and Oliver Piggot doesn't? That is so wrong!!!!!

Premium Member

I know I can't believe Mark Day is still in and Omar, Oliver to name a few are gone-just wrong.

may
    FORT Regular

Yes, it is so disappointing that Omar and Oliver did not make top 10. Last year Liam Styles Chang got eliminated too early, and I lost interest in the rest of the season 5.

Premium Member

I will put these in spoiler tags since I am not sure who has seen tonite's results show:

Click to see Spoiler:
    The bottom 3 were Adam, Mookie and Sebastian. Adam is the first finalist eliminated. Now there are 7 guys and still 2 girls. Why is Mark Day still here, his song last nite was .

I don't get how Sebastian is still here but Adam is gone. Sebastian sucked last night. Mark is a good ole boy. I can see him singing sad Irish songs in a pub on The Rock but as for being The Canadian Idol - um. NO.

As weird and strange looking as Earl is, I really like him. There are many great singers out there who are less than stellar in the looks department - like Rick Okasik (sp) from The Cars and Elvis Costello to name 2.

I really disliked Adam he had such an air of entitlement about him. He went way past self-assured into cocky early in the competition for me.

It stinks that so few people are voting, there are those who will continue to slip by because the fanbase of this show has shrunk to almost nil.
    Sheesh CI doesn't even rate a spot with the other reality shows!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fanatic

It stinks that so few people are voting, there are those who will continue to slip by because the fanbase of this show has shrunk to almost nil.
    Sheesh CI doesn't even rate a spot with the other reality shows! [/QUOTE]

I was out of town and thought I had the result show taping, but apparently not, so I'm a little surprised how things went down. Did they actually say that the voting was low?

I think Adam was the right one to go home based on what I saw and heard. I haven't been a fan of Mookie either. I like Sebastion and was surprised that the judges lambasted him so thoroughly, bur perhaps it sounds different live from how it sounds on my tv. They rave about Katherine, but she was only ok for me. Perhaps I should admit I'm not a huge Bowie fan so alot of the songs didn't grab me. As usual, I loved Theo's performance.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

The Canadian Idol website posts performance videos online... and then BLOCKS them for individuals in the United States. As a Canadian living in the U.S., I would love to be able to watch the show online! Why are they blocking the videos from being viewed outside of Canada???!!!
    I want to watch too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3136100;
    They rave about Katherine, but she was only ok for me.
    Thank You. I thought I was the only one that wondered what all the praise was about. I mean she did ok but I certainly didn't think it was as wonderful as the judges all thought it was. I found she seemed to be screaming most of it.

I saw a commercial for CI last night and Katherine remarked that she considers herself a Rocker!!??? I really haven't seen her as much of a rocker.

Sabestian better pull up his socks this week. I was glad voters gave him another chance as we have seen him do better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast