Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/11 The Finale - CI5 Comes To An End *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 9/11 The Finale - CI5 Comes To An End *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2567365;

And the winner is:

Brian Melo

Thank goodness that's over.

Thank you very much IC, for your great reports. Also, thank you for letting me take a crack at it. (don't do that again)

We will see you again soon.

I hope that your recovery is speedy and total.

BFN, Don't break any legs, arms or feet. O.K. Just take care.

FORT Fanatic

Interesting to note that Ben didn't make any comments about how "close" the vote was this year. Does that mean it was Melo by a landslide? I voted last night purely so Jaydee wouldn't win and Brian's line was pretty busy. I probably only got in around ten votes. First year I haven't watched every episode and I don't think I missed too much.

I was so glad when Brian won. I think the right person (with who was picked top 10 and as it was wittled down) won this year.

Loved hearing "It's My Life"! Great recapping IdolCanadien. I didn't watch, just tuned in to bits and pieces. You did a great job tonight and the rest of the summer!

Today's Metro paper has 2 articles about last night's Idol competitors. Both are written by Pulitzer Prize in waiting writer, Sandy Caetano. One of course, focuses on Brian and the other on JayDee.

Here's JayDee's:

‘I’m very proud’

And here's Brian's:

Melo takes win in stride

ChartAttack has a critique of the show written by Michelle Singerman and it's here:

Brian Melo Is Your Canadian Idol

Also the Toronto Star has interesting article about the show. Apparently 2.3 million people watched Monday night's performances show. Here is the Star article:

TheStar.com | Television | Brian Melo wins Canadian Idol

I really enjoyed this season. Jaydee definitely wouldn't have been my choice for the runner up (Carly, Dwight were more my style and Greg deserved it more) but Brian has been my choice since practically the beginning. I thought he was great in all three songs on performance night.

The song is #2 on the itunes pop chart.

I just wanted to add my thanks to IC and the great job he's done this season keeping the forum active.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar

That's definitely the most anti-climactic finale of the 15 seasons of various Idol shows I've watched. 37 million votes over the whole season? It's no wonder that regional voting can have such an impact. Wow, that's less than a single episode of AI voting. Was it that low during the Kalan Porter days?

Anyway, as nice a kid as he seemed, Jaydee should not have even been in the top 6, or even the top 11 for that matter. Even though he was a credible singer, he seemed to be kinda like a Sanjaya character, just an odd caricature of a performer that would get people talking. And the way he took comments from the judges that last performance show was downright squirm-worthy, as you could tell he knew he shouldn't be there; all his hammy bravado was gone, and he looked like a deer in the headlights. Poor kid.

It's a shame. There were several strong contestants this year.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina;2573387;
    That's definitely the most anti-climactic finale of the 15 seasons of various Idol shows I've watched. 37 million votes over the whole season? It's no wonder that regional voting can have such an impact. Wow, that's less than a single episode of AI voting. Was it that low during the Kalan Porter days?
    Hi BobDob! You forget that Canada is less than one tenth the size of the U.S. so the numbers are actually fairly relative. But you're right, regional voting can have a huge impact and often does. Unfortunately. And surprisingly enough, even though the number of viewers has gone down quite a bit from Kalan Porter days, the vote numbers have gone way up.

Mad rabid power voting is whats happening nowadays. I noticed almost a frantic quality to the tone of a lot of the posts on the CTV boards where if people weren't using three and four phones at a time and getting in 1,000 votes a night they felt they had let their 'team' down. It was nuts and I think it discouraged the more casual voter even more as their dozen or so votes certainly didn't make a difference. Kind of takes all the fun out of it.
    Anyway, as nice a kid as he seemed, Jaydee should not have even been in the top 6, or even the top 11 for that matter. Even though he was a credible singer, he seemed to be kinda like a Sanjaya character, just an odd caricature of a performer that would get people talking. And the way he took comments from the judges that last performance show was downright squirm-worthy, as you could tell he knew he shouldn't be there; all his hammy bravado was gone, and he looked like a deer in the headlights. Poor kid.

It's a shame. There were several strong contestants this year.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2573603;
    Mad rabid power voting is whats happening nowadays. I noticed almost a frantic quality to the tone of a lot of the posts on the CTV boards where if people weren't using three and four phones at a time and getting in 1,000 votes a night they felt they had let their 'team' down. It was nuts and I think it discouraged the more casual voter even more as their dozen or so votes certainly didn't make a difference. Kind of takes all the fun out of it.
    I agree. It seems a little over the top right now and surely that plays directly into there being so many votes cast. I think it's great to support your favourite person, but I think there's a difference between supporting your favourite person and pushing for someone to win simply because they're from somewhere or because you're working with other voters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123