+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/10 The Final 2 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

9/10 The Final 2 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 1:00 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 9/10 The Final 2 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Who will it be tonight? JayDee or Brian?

JayDee is up first. He asks Bon Jovi what made them want to cross over to do a country song. Jon says a good song is a good song. JayDee sings Who Says You Can't Go Home. He immediately puts the twang into the song that Bon Jovi never had. Other than the twang though he's doing a pretty good job on the song.

Jake: You sang it well but I didn't feel it. You didn't make the words believable to me.

Sass: I think you did what you do really well.

Farley: That song has a lot of energy. You didn't have the energy but you sang it well.

Zack: I could barely hear it.... I don't know why they're booing it's a fact. It was like a guy in his car singing to the radio.

1-866-9IDOL01

Bon Jovi can't find much to critique in Brian's version of This Ain't A Love Song. Both Jon & Richie like his interpretation of the song. They told him to hold back and live in the moments of the song.

He does a great job with the song in my opinion.

Sass: Powerful..emotional..heartfelt ...Really good.
    All the things you do so well.

Farley: That was melodramatic in the best way possible.

Zack: You stand there naked as the day you were born and you sing from your heart like a real man.

Jake: Brian Melo- 1 Jaydee- No score

1-866-9IDOL02

JayDee returns to sing his version of the Idol single All I Ever Wanted. This version is a bit country-fied (is that a word? ). The chorus isn't at all country and JayDee doesn't seem totally comfortable singing this song. Now we're back to the country version after the chorus. He even gets a bit of Elvis and the twang into the song. I won't be listening to the radio much if JayDee wins, this song isn't something I want to hear too much of. As usual it's dreck but rather horrible dreck.

Farley: I'm not sure that song comes from the place JayDee lives. Last week you owned the song & I was hoping you'd do the same with this one.

Zack: People can judge on how they feel the performances were or based on where they come from. You're feeling the pressure and right now you are crackin like a bad egg.....

Jake: There were some weak spots in the song. Definately believable.

Sass: It's tough to sing a song that's not your thing but I think you did a good job.

JayDee's sister and Brian's Mom get make-overs from the pantene guy. Sis loves the pampering and Mom is so nervous about Tuesday night because she loves Brian so much. The boys come out and are impressed and hug sis & Mom.

Now it's Brian's turn to sing All I Ever Wanted. It's hard to believe it's the same song that JayDee sung. Brian's version is very different. It's still not the greatest song in the world but then it's the Idol winner's song so we aren't expecting too too much. I still think it will get old fast listening to it like that Natasha Bedingfield song that everyone uses to promote their products Unwritten(?).

Zack: Some thought the wrong guy got voted off too soon. The world spins in mysterious ways and you're here for a reason my brother.

Jake: It sounds like YOU wrote it. It's that simple I was vibrating through the whole thing chills through the whole thing.

Sass: You owned it soo there isn't much else to say.

Farley: Pick up your heart off the floor & walk backstage because that was unbelievable.

The rest of the Top 10 are sitting together in the front and it's clear that they are all rooting for Brian to win the title.

JayDee's last performance prior to the voting is his own choice and it's Tom Jones' It's Not Unusual. A song that will appeal to the Grannies everywhere. He doesn't do too bad a job of it. He's like an old soul in a young man's body. He's gotten control of his nerves for this song and it shows in his performance. He said Tom Jones was the "full package" and everything JayDee could only hope to be.

Jake: I thought that was entertaining but it lacked swagger and came off as a little bit amateur. It was okay.

Sass: You cut such a dashing figure in that suit JayDee. Really cool.

Farley: That was more in your comfort zone. You look great. I think you did a really good job.

Zack: My last chance to address you for the year. You are a superstar. This boy just turned 17 years old. If I had a choice of managing one of you.......I'd choose you bro!

Brian's final number before the voting is Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. The song is very suited to Brian's style of raspy heart felt singing. It was the perfect way for him to end his run on Idol win or lose.

Sass: Congrats for picking a fantastic song and doing such an awesome job.

Farley: That was touching...you're just a really good person & that comes out when you sing.

Zack: To a certain extent I don't want to say anything because theres a time when art transends what this show is about and there's no point in judging it. I thought you needed to win but you don't because you're going to have a career no matter what. Bless you for being a part of this thing.

Jake: I don't think I've ever said this to you but every performance you do has this grace and humility that you have and it's something special. You gave us three performances tonight that were as good as anything we've seen on this show. remember this show is a singing contest and there was some great singing by Brian Melo tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast