+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/10 The Final 2 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 9/10 The Final 2 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

When Jaydee was singing his first song, I could hear him just fine, but noticed that his mike was often away from his face so I wondered for a moment if he was lip synching or something. I was glad to hear Zach call him on it afterward (mike handling not lip synching).

Jaydee may be a wonderful performer eventually, but he isn't there yet and it definitely showed tonight when you compared him to Brian Melo. He was pitchy, stiff and just didn't seem to feel the songs the way that Brian did.

Brian 3
    Jaydee 0

I wonder if all the Brian pimping the judges did all night is going to back fire and have JayDee's fans power vote all the harder to put him over the top?

Oh god, I sincerely hope not. Brian deserves the win. He's deserved it since top 5 and he proved himself clearly tonight. He didn't crack under the pressure and instead shone brighter than ever!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2565994;
    I wonder if all the Brian pimping the judges did all night is going to back fire and have JayDee's fans power vote all the harder to put him over the top?
    Yeah, I've heard a lot of griping on other boards about that. Your comments are also much kinder than what I've been reading elsewhere from more objective viewers. The Jaydee fans are obviously saying he was fantastic and Brian's fans are saying he's going to sell a zillion records cause he's the best evah!! But those in the middle are saying they both sucked pretty badly albeit Brian less so! I think I'm probably not going to be impressed by either of them as I haven't been so far this year so tonight's probably not going to change much.

jaydee did ok the idol song did not suit jaydee at all
    brain sang ok too but all the songs he sings sound the same I think jaydee will win i hope so

I havent changed my initial opinion even after last nights performances from Jaydee and Brian.
    Jaydee may have a future as an artist/performer one day, but hes not ready yet. Brian has some rough edges, but he is destinctive and I think he'll sell records, no problem.
    But still, whomever ends up with the lions share of the vote, Im left feeling a very disappointed with this seasons CI. There was some great talent among the contenders very early in season that were voted off and I believe shouldnt have been. I wonder how many of us, a couple of years from now will be able to remember the name of this seasons idol winner?

But I guess thats why its so important for the singers to make an impression right away. But how much of the personalities of the contestants do we actually get to see after the editors of the show have squewed(sp?) their point of view on to the audience? hm? and how much is erased in the editing room? Ah well. Maybe next season will hold more promise. I wont be bitng my nails watching the results show live. Im really just not impressed enough.

Sandy in the Metro paper is all enthusiastic about Brian Melo saying he crushed JayDee. She does blame nerves for JayDee's less than stellar performance.

Her partner in crime Rick hated everything about the show this year and the Final 2 didn't change his perspective but he is happy that it's finally over.

Read their words here:

It’s all over, kids

Moya Dillon of ChartAttack basically recaps the show. I much preferred Sofia Papamarko who had a much snarkier approach to writing about the show. Anyway here is Moya's recap:

Bon Jovi Coaches Idols In The Final Face-Off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12