+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/4 Top 3 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 9/4 Top 3 Results Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Now the results but first Ben reviews their songs from last night and what the judges said about them.

Carly Rae got the fewest of the 4.1 million votes cast last night.

JayDee and Brian sing/imitate it out for the title of Canadian Idol next week.

Well Canada ignored all the pimping going on last night by the judges for Carly Rae.

She doesn't look too too sad though but it must be a devastating blow to get so close.

Zack doesn't think it's a bad place for her to leave the show He says she's immediately ready to record and be on the radio.

Sass can't wait to see what Carly Rae does next.

Jake tells JayDee to lay it all out on the stage.

Farley tells Brian how much he loves him and that he did a wicked job.

Carly Rae says the experience has been amazing, the ride of her life. She thanked everyone and showed class.

Next week on the finale, Bon Jovi, Avril Lavigne and Eva Avila.

Carly Rae sings out with White Flag.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2557801;
    Hedley is up next singing She's So Sorry. Wow Jacob really got some vomit-inducing tattoos added since he was on Idol. I'm not a big fan of this new song or Jacob's tattoos.
    Did he keep his pants on? He usually shows off the HED LEY he got tattoed across his butt at some point in his shows.
    Following that travesty Low Level Flight takes to the stage. This song (whatever it is) is much more listenable to than Hedley's, at least in my opinion.
    Their cd and songs are actually quite good but I read on other boards that this performance wasn't all that great. Too bad because he of all the Idols probably needs the promo the most.
    Kalan is singing Down In Heaven and begins the song by playing the violin. The older women in the audience seem to be more into Kalan than the younger girls are. Lots of older women standing and waving glow sticks. It's all rather funny actually.
    Oh, Kalan has tons of young girl fans too. I hear the screams and the ovation were really really loud and even the judges jumped to their feet and Zack bowed to him. Maybe Zack will quit making silly comments like he seems to every year about someone being better than Kalan.
    Zack doesn't think it's a bad place for her to leave the show He says she's immediately ready to record and be on the radio.
    Sheesh, they say this to several of the contestants every year and get their hopes up and it just hasn't worked out that way. Barbie Rae isn't all that unique out in the real world and she just isn't that good a singer. Why, if so many people couldn't stand to listen to her on CI, does he think that anybody on the radio would???

FORT Fanatic

I've been away for the past month and haven't been keeping up with the show (though I got to see an episode of the British version with Simon as judge while away) so the results show is the first one I've seen and I had no idea which 3 were still in. When they opened up with that group song I just couldn't believe how horrendous it was. Jaydee was particularly bad but Carly Rae wasn't much better. Seriously, I hope Brian will win over all at this point. Jaydee still has some maturing too do vocally.

I didn't enjoy Hedley, did enjoy Low Level Flight and Kalan.

Cannot believe that JayDee will even be in the finale, but thank goodness Brian is!

I sat through the whole results show just to check out the parade of former boy-Idols. I was pretty sure Carly Rae would be packing her bags.

I thought Hedley's performance was pretty good - okay, I thought Jacob was pretty good. He's still an exceptional performer. The song wasn't bad...in fact, I thought the hook was great. If Jacob wrote it, he's more clever than I gave him credit for. A little too run-of-the-mill - close your eyes and you might think it's Sum 41 - but he's getting there. Count me in as being very glad we didn't see his ass tattoo.

As for Ryan Malcolm - he got the "low level" part right. I don't care for his strung-out meth-addict look, and the song was instantly forgettable. He's going to tour? And expect people to pay money to hear that? Yikes.

I already knew I hated Kalan Porter's single, so I didn't expect much from the performance. I'm still waiting for him to do something interesting. In spite of the chosen song, I still see talent in him that's far too good for the Idol stage. One day, one day.

I'm all about Jaydee winning next week. Huge potential there, and fingers crossed that they'll let him record his kind of music. Personally, I love that '50's-style do-wop stuff better than straight country, so I'd prefer he go that route.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Sandy of the free Metro paper ignores the fact that Kalan, Jacob & Ryan appeared on last night's show and only gives us Carly's thoughts as she departs the show:

Future excites Jepsen

ChartAttack takes a snarkier look at Jespsen's departure and mentions the 3 former Idol competitors appearing on the show:

Canadian Idol Update: It All Comes Down To Bixby And Melo

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2558603;
    I'm all about Jaydee winning next week. Huge potential there, and fingers crossed that they'll let him record his kind of music. Personally, I love that '50's-style do-wop stuff better than straight country, so I'd prefer he go that route.
    I like the '50s style do-wop as well but it just seems wrong to attempt to sing like that now and expect to get a hit. It's great for a Sha-Na-Na type group but I expect some sort of modernization for me to want to hear it on the radio.

Liam did a much better job of taking old songs and making them new.

Sass & Zack were quoted in an article by Canadian Press about the Top 3. They both didn't think Carly Rae had the vocal chops to make it to the finale (yet tongue bathed her week after week????)

Both judges said Jepsen, a 21-year-old waitress, just didn't have the vocal chops to cut it.

"She just don't sing that good," Werner said bluntly.

"She doesn't have the showstopper, she can't make the chandelier shatter.

And I think that holds her back.
    Read the article here:

The Canadian Press: Brian Melo and Jaydee Bixby to face off on 'Canadian Idol' finale

What the heck? Their comments make absolutely no sense. They lavished so much praise on her and now they're saying she'd never make it? A little too late to be backtracking now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast