+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/3 Top 3 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

9/3 Top 3 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 1:00 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 9/3 Top 3 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Sass was this week's mentor for the Top 3.

Order of singing tonight

JayDee
    Brian
    Carly Rae

JayDee is up first singing Burton Cummings' Break It To Them Gently. This was the judges' pick for the young Elvis impersonator. He does lose the Elvis impersonation but the twang is there all throughout the song. The twang is as affected as the Elvis voice so he loses points with me for that. It is one of the best performances he has given all summer so he gains points for that. He's just not my cup of tea as an artist.

Jake - i don't know what Sass did but that's the best thing I've ever heard you do and you made it a country song and made it your song

Farley - you did a fantastic job you totally took ownership of it that was a fantastic performance

Sass - if you went and recorded that song now it would be a hit single

Zack - now that you're a man you stepped up it was an honest human performance I liked it so much.

1-866-9IDOL01

Brian follows JayDee and the judges' picked Procul Harum's Whiter Shade Of Pale as his song. He goes all raspy at the start of the chorus but he's handling himself really well. It is a difficult song to sing and Jake acknowledged that but Brian has pulled it off. Good job.

Farley - captured the essence of the song fantastic

Sass - we love you Brian we love you too

Zack - there are some things you could have sung better the fact is who cares dude you've got it

Jake - you didn't disappoint me, you did a really really great job I got chills first time in a while

1-866-9IDOL02

A plug for Kalan showing a clip from his new video and then we get Carly Rae who is singing At Seventeen by Janis Ian. This was the judges' choice for her. Zack thinks Carly will break everyone's heart with this performance. I'm having difficulty understanding the words she's singing, it's all sounding garbled at the beginning. I just don't get what all the fuss about this Barbie girl is about.

Sass - oh my gosh, kudos to my colleagues for picking such great songs for you guys, that was pretty perfect

Zack - I'm going to try and not choke up when I talk, from an artistic standpoint other performances Ryan & Kalan don't hold a candle to what you just did

Jake - good for us, perfect song for you, you showed your vulnerability and let people get inside you and that's a difficult thing to do

Carly - that was absolutely wonderful, with every note you sang my heart was dropping more and more it was a beautiful heart-felt performance.
    Last edited by IdolCanadien; 09-03-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: 1-866-9IDOL03 (ETA the phone # though I won't be calling it tonight)

JayDee is back to sing the Peoples' Choice song and that's Johnny Cash's Ring Of Fire. JayDee says he's a big Johnny Cash fan and he's gonna have fun with the song. It's another Twang-O-Rama song. Again not my cup of tea musically but it's not as bad as he's been with a lot of his Elvis impersonations.

Zack - they're aren't a lot of Jewish cowboys, you didn't sound like you were imitating anything I like you in the higher register and you're much more than people are writing you off to be

Jake - sang it well, would have loved to see you all in black with a guitar it would have worked for you

Farley - stick to your elements and guns, that was great

Sass - great great lot of fun, you really had fun

Brian's back singing Lightning Crashes as the Peoples' Choice. I've never really cared for this song so already I'm not liking it. He's singing it like I remember the record lots of moans and groans. Not one of his better performances in my opinion. If this is what the voters see last he might be going home tomorrow night.

Jake - our first choice as the judges' choice was that song but you already picked it, maybe one of the most explosive things on this show

Farley - you win the prize for song selection

Sass - you know who you are

Zack - you sound super tired to me the way you're pitch was the whole crown on your head has shifted and the competition is now wide open brother it's wide open.

FORT Fanatic

I'm here reading Idol Canadien. You're not all alone! Others are reading too. C'mon folks. Say hello and keep IC company.

The Peoples' Choice song for Carly Rae is White Flag. She starts out on a chair on stage wearing a white shirt, red tie and a black jacket. She's not singing in her cutesy poo Barbie voice for this song and I can honestly say I'm enjoying it. I never thought I'd enjoy her but this performance was actually good.

Farley - so much confidence and cool you understand what you're doing

Sass - stellar perforamnce from a budding young star

Zack - Jenny Gear above and beyond that Carly Rae she is what she is and Canada should get it but I get it

Jake - you sang it really well, it came off the rails on the emotional side when you were dancing around

Hi Stickle

I actually didn't hate tonight and liked one of Carly Rae's songs too.

I hope it's a Brian/Carly Rae finale but I'm more and more thinking it will be a JayDee/Carly Rae match up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast