+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/27 Top 4 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

8/27 Top 4 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Please keep all discussion about tonight's show in this thread until 1:00 AM EDT. Thanks and enjoy the show.

Re: 8/27 Top 4 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

It's Standards night with the mentoring of Paul Anka. Tonight the Idols sing 2 songs each. For some reason I always enjoy Standards night on CI but absolutely hate it on AI.

Carly Rae is up first. She's singing "My Heart Belongs To Daddy" by Cole Porter. She's apparently singing the Ella Fitzgerald version. She's using that sickening cutesy poo voice that just grinds like fingernails on a chalkboard to my ears. I absolutely hate it.

NEXT!!!

Jake - always thought this would be your week and you didn't disappoint

Farley - you really use the stage, great shoes nice performance

Sass - I love those shoes too and I think it's the best performance you've done on the show so far

Zack - I liked it, I want you to sizzle more, to me you didn't burn it like I'd like, I thought you did okay.

1-866-9IDOL01

hello everyone; is it just me or is Carly Rae's voice the most annoying??? I wouldn't bring home her c.d. even if it was GIVEN to me!

No my dear Nancy it's not just you. I totally despise listening to her when she sings in that cutesy poo "listen to me I'm Barbie" voice.

hahaha..you are sooo right, she does sound just like a barbie

JayDee is up next. He's singing Fever. Paul Anka tells him not to smile and not to take the song lightly. He's got to be focussed when he performs it.

But will he listen.

I really wonder does he actually sound like Elvis when he sings or has he just imitated Elvis so long that he doesn't really know how to sing any other way? He is channelling Elvis in a big way tonight. He hasn't smiled though so that's something positive.

Farley - you look very comfortable and you were adjusting to your circumstances

Sass - that leg move was a killer

Zack - If I could take your face and turn it into a cheque I could cash it for a million dollars. If I was you I'd get off this show and go to Nashville..... we've heard this before

Jake - you weren't in the groove, as far as the singing not convinced tonight so far.

1-866-9IDOL02

As much as i don't care for JayDee, he didn't sound too bad.

I think it's just that Carly Rae was so astoundingly horrific that JayDee was almost a breath of fresh air to our ears. I never thought I'd ever type that statement.
    Last edited by IdolCanadien; 08-27-2007 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Because airs are NOT ears

Brian Melo is up next and singing Bobby Darin's Mack The Knife. Paul likes Brian's voice but thinks he should think about what he's singing. He wants him to be more macho when he sings.

I'm not overly crazy about Brian's rendition of MTK but he's leagues ahead of Carly & JayDee.

Sass - I'm already a big Brian Melo fan but now I'm a super huge Brian Melo fan that performance has attitude man

Zack - there was some weak things here and there and there were other moments of magic and you fought through

Jake - I liked the attitude you brought to that song and you looked like a star

Farley - you look and feel like a star so follow that road and be in it. You are emanating comfort and using the stage and I love it.

1-866-9IDOL03

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast