+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8/27 Top 4 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 8/27 Top 4 Performances Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

thanks Idol...enjoy the rest of your evening! Peace!

You're welcome, enjoy your evening too.

FORT Fanatic

To everyone:

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2548125;
    She's using that sickening cutesy poo voice that just grinds like fingernails on a chalkboard to my ears. I absolutely hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmenancy_38;2548126;
    hello everyone; is it just me or is Carly Rae's voice the most annoying??? I wouldn't bring home her c.d. even if it was GIVEN to me!

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien;2548128;
    No my dear Nancy it's not just you. I totally despise listening to her when she sings in that cutesy poo "listen to me I'm Barbie" voice.

I had to laugh so much when I read this because that is exactly what I was thinking too.

Also Nancy, I was wondering if I was watching the same thing that the judges were too. I said to my daughter, "The TV can't be distorting the sound that much can it???"

The only one worth even giving a second glance to is Brian. The others were terrible. Cutsiepoo barbie sucks the big one. JD thinks he is Elvis, (although his second performance could actually be mistaken for not too bad," And Dwight couldn't hold a note in his back pocket.

Brian
    JayDee
    Barbie Pooh Pooh
    Dwight... going home

Sigh, the judges are really letting me down this season. We are NOT watching the same performances. There's no way. I gues we'll need their rose coloured glasses.

I thought last nights performances were pretty awful all in all.
    Why on earth do they have to perform 'classics' at all anyway? I suppose classics have the potential to showcase the singers skill level, but every year, all it ever does, is make them look like they are performing in a second rate talent show. Good grief.
    I have to confess, when Dwight ws singing, I actually cringed and turned the channel, it made me feel so uncomfortable. Jaydee just makes me laugh. Can he possibly sing in any tone other than Elvis, or is he Elvis reincarnated?? hmmm...Carly Rae. Well. The "nails down a chalk board" came to mind. So Brian it is. I couldnt in good conscience vote for anyone else.
    But I am truly disappointed that this is the Top 4 we have ended up with, from the pool of talent we started with. VERY disappointed. There were some superb performances this season and they werent from this group. Dont think Ill be buying any CD's from any these performers...
    You cant blame the judges entirely...the talent and personalities have been here, somehow Canada collectively got it very, very wrong this year,..what a waste
    I dont think I can even bear to watch the curtain fall on this season of CI

It was really torture watching last night. For me it's Brian who should win this.Any other will be a shame. I never cared for Dwight before and last night was an embarassment and he knew it.I hope he goes tonight.

I think even from the beginning with the top 24, the judges missed some really good talent. Then Canada got in the way and now we're left with..these 4.

I cannot wait for the curtain to fall, because that means this season will be over!

I guess I'm in the minority but three of these four are three of my top 4. Brian, Liam, Carly and Dwight were my top 4 so I'm quite happy with what we've got now. Brian is my favourite Canadian Idol since Jacob Hoggarth.

Dwight was definitely not in his element. He may actually stay due to the mercy vote but that's not as likely in the top 4 as it is in early rounds.

Jaydee's Fever was not at all Fevered. His When you're Smiling was about as cheesy as you can get but I will admit it was a bit fun.

I like Carly's voice and it seems to suit this genre so I thought she was very good.

I'm getting more and more biased in my opinions on Brian so I thought he was amazing. Mack the Knife was a bit of an ordinary song choice but I thought both performances were great.

Sandy Caetano of the daily free Metro paper gives her glowing review of Standards night. She finally goes out on a limb and says Brian should win the crown. However, I'm not sure she saw the same show as the rest of us did. Either that or she has much stronger drugs than I have and if so, I want a prescription for them STAT!

Idols show off 2 songs

Ann Hui wrote the ChartAttack review of last night's Idol. She calls it Average Versions Of Standards Songs. She's NOT a fan of Melo or D'Eon. I don't think she's a fan of anything Idol. All the same a much more interesting read than Caetano's Ode To All Things Idol.

Canadian Idol: Average Versions Of Standard Songs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123